ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Totally Standard (For Now?)

Clio 182
Just washed my Clio for the first time and grabbed a quick pic on my phone. Got me thinking... my car is 100% standard and I'm not too bothered about modifying it. Am I alone? Anyone else feel the same or is that a little boring??

Sorry for the picture quality - wet hands and a cheap camera phone...

IMG_20120122_084649_c.jpg

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
My 182 is standard too and I love it. Think exhaust,filter will come soon though

BG 182
Very nice mate. Looks great standard but maybe some silvervision indicators, flat front wiper blades and fitted front number plate. There just a few things I've done to mine to give it that look

Mk1 Focus RS
all depends what your after mate lots of people keep them standard, modify them heavily or sit somewhere in between.

my 182 isn't standard but they are subtle mods in my opinion, such as brembos, silvervisions, rs192 exhaust, itg panel filter (oh and recaro's) but in my eyes the car doesnt look that different to standard.

so i think subtle mods work well, i cant see from your image but maybe a splitter on the front and silvervisions will just change it slightly :)

Clio 182
Thanks for the comments. Was thinking of adding a front splitter (probably Fabia rather than OEM) but still undecided. Think the exhaust will need replacing after next MOT so will look at some stainless alternatives for that.

Does the panel filter have much of an effect on the power/noise? I always assumed it was more for show than anything, but could be wrong.

Will get some better pics when I get the chance too.

Mk1 Focus RS
Thanks for the comments. Was thinking of adding a front splitter (probably Fabia rather than OEM) but still undecided. Think the exhaust will need replacing after next MOT so will look at some stainless alternatives for that.

Does the panel filter have much of an effect on the power/noise? I always assumed it was more for show than anything, but could be wrong.

Will get some better pics when I get the chance too.

ive got a standard airbox with an itg panel filter, ive never driven a standard one so cant really comment the diffrence but it isnt too loud tbh and as for power it will have little if any effect on the performance of the car.

as for your splitter it is a lot cheaper to get the fabia one but its longer on the ends than the OEM one so it needs trimming.

as for exhausts theres loads of options, i have the scorpian rs 192 which isn't overly loud but lots of people go for a yozza sport system if their after a loud exhaust, all depends what sort of sound you want.

Mine is mildly modded (nothing a day on the drive that I couldn't put back) and I am contemplating doing so. OEM = winning