ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clio 197 or clio 182?

What would you rather have?

Votes: 607 39.8%
  • 172/182

Votes: 917 60.2%

• Total voters

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
personaly i prefer the looks & stance of the 172/182 ph2's.

i can see were renault were going with the looks on the 197 but after driving my mams mk3 clio dynamique i hate the feel of them.

Yes because your mums Dynamique is just like a 197 :S

Its like comparing a MK2 Dynamique with a 172................. you cant!!!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well after all the squeaks & rattles of my 172 & trophy, the 197 is such a nice place to be:D

After 3 weeks of ownership i can now see why 'Lee' told me i would not miss the trophy once the Cup was given a proper drive.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The force is strong in this one.....

Its what ive been banging on about for the last year or so...... CS blinkers tbh

Suzuki Swift Sport
I had a 172, then a 197, now a 182 - my next car will be a 197. Gutted I sold the 197 to be honest it was a brilliant car!

Black Gold with cup packs
Owned both, for looks the 197 wins hands down.... BUT for sheer joy and smiles per miles it has to be the 172cup/182cup for the pure go kart feel, which the 197 lacked, despite it being quick it never felt as quick as the 172/182

Was a 197
i only think that people who have owned both of then should comment, cuz how can u comment on something u haven't drove or by hear say!!!

just cuz someone else says 'oh the steering felt numb'. its suppose to hence the electronically adjusted power steering, the faster u go, the heavier it gets and vice versa.

the only reason they feel/look bigger is cuz of those flared arches and from every conceiveable angle they look awesome.

the only thing i wish i got was a rear spoiler so then the tailgate wouldn't get so dirty quickly.

not defending the 197 in anyway, its called car evolution!!!!

Black 197
i only think that people who have owned both of then should comment, cuz how can u comment on something u haven't drove or by hear say!!!

just cuz someone else says 'oh the steering felt numb'. its suppose to hence the electronically adjusted power steering, the faster u go, the heavier it gets and vice versa.

the only reason they feel/look bigger is cuz of those flared arches and from every conceiveable angle they look awesome.

the only thing i wish i got was a rear spoiler so then the tailgate wouldn't get so dirty quickly.

not defending the 197 in anyway, its called car evolution!!!!

+1 and i've owned both and i can say without a shadow of a doubt my 197 feels as punchy as my 182, Epic car all round and russ you need the cup spoiler in your life mate, Paid to have mine fitted before collecting the car.. Looks the danglies and not a like a halfrauds special as everyone thinks, All adds to the stunning looks of the car

Was a 197
+1 and i've owned both and i can say without a shadow of a doubt my 197 feels as punchy as my 182, Epic car all round and russ you need the cup spoiler in your life mate, Paid to have mine fitted before collecting the car.. Looks the danglies and not a like a halfrauds special as everyone thinks, All adds to the stunning looks of the car

if i was gonna get a spoiler, i would get something a bit more subtle like the one on the dynamique s or similar. realised that its actually the diffuser that makes the tailgate filthy as it sucks up all the crap

LY 200
Whatever you have is always going to be better tbh!

I have had a 182 for 3 years and am still not one bit bored of it however i did book myself in for a cheeky test drive in a 197 cup not long back because after sitting in one it made me feel like i was in a 'well built', 'sports car'......I cancelled because i knew id want one on a drive! :D

All of the performance Clios are good imo. I could quite happily go back to a good 16v/Williams and be happy with it!

Clio Sport 182
I got a 182, and I have raced a 197, and from go I had the edge on him, he couldn't get passed...

Love the 197's they def got the look, but after that, performance wise I love the 182 :D

I thought it would have anielated me, so I was really shocked. . .:eek:

Black 197
I got a 182, and I have raced a 197, and from go I had the edge on him, he couldn't get passed...

Love the 197's they def got the look, but after that, performance wise I love the 182 :D

I thought it would have anielated me, so I was really shocked. . .:eek:

you havent seen me drive yet ;)....

Your right though defo different all round car, I love mine and havent missed my 182 at all.. Leagues ahead imo of course

Clio Sport 182
Should start calling you collin Mcrae lol!!

Ye the 197 is totally awesome and I wouldn't say no lol!!

I am biased tho ...as I have the 182 :D

Clio Sport 182
Ooops.. I meant to the car lol :eek:

If anyone would like to donate one tho, Id be more than happy to take it off their hands lol ;)