ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clio 197 or clio 182?

What would you rather have?

Votes: 607 39.8%
  • 172/182

Votes: 917 60.2%

• Total voters
  Black 197

In all seriousness though you should drive one or go out in one, Total transformation from the 182, I used to worship my 182 but now i got the 197 i love it even more, granted it dont feel as quick but it defo is imo, Its just the whole car itself its a winner for me, Havent looked back and im sure if you ever get one you'll feel the same

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
Ye unfortunately I havn't been in one and would love to see it properly, bet it is pure luxary, maybe next time we all meet I could have a look at someones, maybe they could take me out for a spin so I can see the difference. That would be great :D but Im scared coz I know Il love it lol

Its a tripod lol I want one!!

Black 197
Ye unfortunately I havn't been in one and would love to see it properly, bet it is pure luxary, maybe next time we all meet I could have a look at someones, maybe they could take me out for a spin so I can see the difference. That would be great :D but Im scared coz I know Il love it lol

Happend to me, Was at the dealer just having a nose really, got asked if i wanted to test drive the 197 - wasnt initially impressed then i had another go the next day and loved it !, 6 speed box is fantastic plus it sounds pure sex, looks the nuts too, I got a black 197 with the cup spoiler on and i love it, im no boy racer either i just love the look it gives with that spoiler, I find the rear of the 197 is nice and chunky and does look good with the diffuser but it still felt naked to me - 1 cup spoiler later and voila pure p**n on the road, I'll put some pics up later if you want Ali :D

Clio Sport 182
Oh yeah I would love to see sum pics thanks that would be great :D

Yeah, they do look the bees knees, bet it makes ya smile evrytime you go out in it :D

I do love the idea of the 6 speed gearbox. Whats all the interior like ooo Im intrigued now lol :D

Black 197
Oh yeah I would love to see sum pics thanks that would be great :D

Yeah, they do look the bees knees, bet it makes ya smile evrytime you go out in it :D

I do love the idea of the 6 speed gearbox. Whats all the interior like ooo Im intrigued now lol :D

Well my 182 had the half leather alacantra like yours i presume ?, the 197 had a few options like full leather, Recaros or just normal seats, mine has the normal seats but they are very comfy and supportive, they look very buckety and hold you in all the time, The ride is awesome feels like a luxury car over normal roads then hit the twisties and your sticking like shat to a blanket, Granted you do have to rev them higher to get the most out of it but take it past 5k and hit the 7.5k limiter you'll be gone in no time..

Its much bigger inside well it feels it anyway, It defo the best car decision i have made, I used to go Wales quite alot - Carmarthen (sp?) as where my wife (soon to be divorced) was from and had family there, God i hated the 4hr drive from London to there, still i learnt a tiny bit of Welsh namingly counting to ten lmao

Clio Sport 182
Cant wait to see one properly now :D

Aaaw ye one big drive that is :dapprove: bet it cost loadsa fuel?? Whats the 197 like for fuel? Coz my 182 is bloody brilliant, even when it has had bit of an hammering an when its just normal driving my fuel lasts ages :D

Lol.... Da-iawn!!

Thats all I know too :eek:

Black 197
Cant wait to see one properly now :D

Aaaw ye one big drive that is :dapprove: bet it cost loadsa fuel?? Whats the 197 like for fuel? Coz my 182 is bloody brilliant, even when it has had bit of an hammering an when its just normal driving my fuel lasts ages :D

Lol.... Da-iawn!!

Thats all I know too :eek:

Erm im getting 22.8 mpg at the mo will fast road driving, The 197 doesnt feel as tame at slow speed its like it wants to fly off all the time, Where as my 182 could be driven sensibly.. I think its all down to the 197's 6 speed gearing tbh.. Either way i dont care as i love it

oh and Da-iawn = i have no fecking idea lol

renaultsport 197
do this poll in a few more years time when all the 18 year olds on here have upgraded and people with 1*2 s upgrade then the poll will be a little different

silly poll tbh 182/172 and 197 are totally different cars

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Well you say that, but the Mk3 would have been designed what 2004 ish?

Mk2 1996 ish?

More than a few years chap ;)

Clio 182FF
I have had my 182 for around 3 months now and I love it but I voted for the 197. Why? Because if given the choice again I would buy a 197. Didn't like the shape of it to start with but hanging around here has made me fall in love with them. The Clio 200 is odd looking though ...

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
still find the 197 ugly and big

having driven both the 197 is built better but prefer the rawness of the 172 182

Clio 197 / Traffic Van
Just got a black 197 last week, i cant believe how fast i can throw it around roundabouts and corners. its totally awsome. and as for the looks....even better with the wide arches and vents its pretty similar to the v6 looks real mean. does need lowering a couple of intches tho. had a williams few years ago and its just as good as that.

And polished it today and went up tesco to get bbq food, parked well away from anyone and some BAS***D has scrathed it. IM GUTTED!!!!!:evil::mad:

Peddled device
RB 182 with stripes is the ultimate expression of what the Cliosport range is all about.

IM humble O ;)

182 trackday racer
Clio 182, cup packs, liquid yellow.

PURE SEX.

I totaly agree with you there mate, god Id love to have a liquid yellow insead of my boring silver.

Besides of the weight and that it is a bit slower in a straight line the 197 is the better car no doubt about it. I hate the seats though, the adjustable headrests in the 1x2´s are great. The 197's handling is what makes it better, mostly do do with the modern front suspension and great brakes.

All good fair points. But also absolutely bugger all to do with a hot hatch. Amazing that people bemoan the increasing weight of performance cars, then start talking about gadgets, a 'solid feel', etc etc. If I wanted a car to do that, I'd buy an Audi.

This is exactly what I wanted to post.

The 182 / 172 is seemingly more fun to drive - you buy a hot hatch for the fun of driving it not a solid feel or more gadgets.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I have a 182. And I think its a better looking car.. but..

If I was in the market for a Clio today I would buy the 197/200 simply because its newer and is maybe better built ? (probably not lol)