ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 20th anniversary £22k, insurance £1.3k what to do?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
the bk is lovely and is the side but the front of it looks like its been in a fight and lost, nice seats dont really see whats wrong with a normal white 197/200 a trophy is better and nicer looking and still rare. be my choice have nice amount of wonga left over too. :) then when they have come down in price one is bound to come up id then go for it.

Merc
@ ian

Because you guys drive on the wrong side of the road. Lhd here lol.

Mind you, thats one good price... Entry level clio rs here are at 18.5k

Clio RS 200
22k's to much mate. My brand new 200 FF with cup pack and every option available was only 17k. Get a storm grey or alien green one, just as nice.

Merc
22k's to much mate. My brand new 200 FF with cup pack and every option available was only 17k. Get a storm grey or alien green one, just as nice.

Going to the dealer 2moro, if i can't haggle it down i'll spec a normal rs but then again they too start at 18.5k soo

F56 MINI Cooper S
If you like it go for it, you will only wish you had of done if you settle for something else just because its a tad cheaper.

Mondeo TDCI 130
22K :O Bring me £12000 and drive this home, it's done 5000 miles.

DSCF1700.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
22k on a clio is just idiotic! Why do you need to spend that mich on a clio? Who care's if u will be the only one to have it, id rather get a 182, have just as much fun and have 15k bulging out my wallet

200 Gordini
He wants a top of the range, fully specced Clio and people are telling him to get a Cup. LOL. CS at its best once again.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
People do realise this guy doesn't stay in Britain, why in God's name are you telling him how much you paid? Do you really think he cares?

I'm going to get American people to come on here and tell you guys how much they paid for their fancy cameras and s**t! It's ridiculous!

Look at how much a performance car in Australia is!

Nissan 350z
People do realise this guy doesn't stay in Britain, why in God's name are you telling him how much you paid? Do you really think he cares?

I'm going to get American people to come on here and tell you guys how much they paid for their fancy cameras and s**t! It's ridiculous!

Look at how much a performance car in Australia is!

Was about to reply with something similar. Its irrelevant how much we pay for our ClioSports here in the UK, and its irrelevant how much they depreciate here in the UK as the OP isnt.

I know nothing about the price of cars in Gibraltar so i cant comment but the 20th edition is VERY nice and id prefer one over the Gordini anyday. The insurance seems steep however which is a shame, have you done any quotes to see what sort of figure insurance would be next year to see if it decreases massively?

Merc
The moral of this story is never ever ever ever ever ever ever ask CS for advise. Pointless.

M3 etc. :boring:

I found that out lol.

I came here for info and to see what feedback i get regarding the car regardless of what i pay but the focal point of the story has been the price.

Then why base not only your thread title but the whole opening post around cost of the vehicle and associated insurance costs?

If you want to know about the car, or opinions on build/handling/performance/reliability etc either in isolation or against similar value cars then ask that....

Merc
Then why base not only your thread title but the whole opening post around cost of the vehicle and associated insurance costs?

If you want to know about the car, or opinions on build/handling/performance/reliability etc either in isolation or against similar value cars then ask that....

Like homer simpson said on the submarine... "it's my first day"

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I found that out lol.

I came here for info and to see what feedback i get regarding the car regardless of what i pay but the focal point of the story has been the price.

its irrespective whether its a couple of grand more for this car- the point I thought would be around value for money--- 22k for a clio isnt value for money-

If money is no object then buy a better car- thats worth 22k-- with that in mind the special edition 200, rather like the Gaydini doesnt fit anywhere in that price market- hence the low sale numbers of that money-

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yes but you're basing that on this country. He's not in this country.

true,but the price differential still cant be that much to justify the initial cost- Gordini was around 18k-- which IMHO doesnt represent value for money & certainly doesnt compare like for like for cars of similar value-

top end 15/16k is the most the Clio 200 commands- the rest would be pointless non value for money editions( in England ) & then whatever premium %age wise you have to add on for gibraltar

S

Da

Less
God this thread is hard work...

In my opinion, if you've got your heart set on it and can afford it, then go for it - you only live once! :)

Ignore the "we got ours for 2p and a mars bar" brigade, so long as you're happy with the price then who cares!

I'm with Gally <3

Merc
Met with the dealer today and the clio is now out of the question. The price went up to £23,000, the dealer was supposed to call me to confirm it and im still waiting his call. They have been as helpful as a toddler as an eye-witness, i had to chase them on a day today basis! I think i will wait to the third quarter of this year and fetch myself a Golf GTI 2011. The golf although more expensive wont depreciate half as much as the clio. Should i say the price of the GTI??? Go on then for the fun of it.... £26,000

Nissan 350z
I know nothing of the laws of Gibraltar but if you have your heart set on a 200 have you looked into the importing costs (or can you just buy one and drive it down)? Granted it wont be a limited 20th edition (we never got them in the UK) but if importing works out under £5000 you could still have a 200 and save some pennys in the process :)

Merc
I know nothing of the laws of Gibraltar but if you have your heart set on a 200 have you looked into the importing costs (or can you just buy one and drive it down)? Granted it wont be a limited 20th edition (we never got them in the UK) but if importing works out under £5000 you could still have a 200 and save some pennys in the process :)

I've acted like a little kid and said to myself if i dont get the 20th edition i dont want the regular rs200. Ive also taken much more things into account (depreciation, resale-ability...) Importing is an option but you have to have the cash ready, my case with the dealer would have been; put down the deposit they bring it over and hold it for me a couple of months till i sold mine and saved up the little that i was missing. In a couple of months when i have the wonga ready i will look at importing the GTI.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
I've not read the full thread, but a 200 in Gib would surely be uber rare? Full of Nissan Vannette Cargo mini-busses from memory! And surely a blast through the tunnel would be great fun!