ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 197 Stock vs Clio 2 C&B Ultimate Showdown !

RR figures are from 1 of the most accurate wheel dynos there is. Why ?
Because it uses 1 big inertia roll of 440 kg/m2 and the simple Newton law of motion formula F=ma. No other fancy software algorithms and tyre crushing too small rollers. Plain & Simple.

Figures are SAE corrected @ wheels and off course everyone calculates flywheel figures differently.
What matters here is, that a Clio2 C&B pumps out equal/more power and torque than a stock 197.
In such a lightweight chassis as the Clio2 that is a lot of fun ;)
Also note that the 197 holds a little longer > 7k rpm but the 172 has the better overall torque figures(!)

Car Facts

Clio 3 197
- No mods , 167.6 BHP SAE corrected @ wheels

Clio 2 Cup Phase 2
- 169.6 BHP SAE corrected @ wheels
- C&B cams
- RSTuner remap
- 182 Manifold
- decat
- Matched inlets
- V6 Airbox
- 1 proud owner

zodd0z.jpg

Please note:
Had to take 1 power / torque curve out of the sheet due to a false measurement.

Many thanks to Frank for making his car available on such short notice.

Last edited:
  RS RIP
Still amazes me Henk.. They're almost identical indeed!
If you loose around 300+ kilograms MAYBE your fat 197 (beautifull car btw) will keep up with my 950kg Cup someday ;)
No worries about needing my car ASAP :eek: . Hope this sorts things out for you

I'm jobless anyway :dapprove: so i was glad to have something to do + take the car out for a 200mile road trip! Was good to see the old city of Zierikzee too later on, I will be looking for a place to live there me thinks, lovely town !

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
awesome results, I think I do know how Frank feel while driving that beast since I drive a similar one... Special thanks goes to HENK@FASTCHIP

mod list as follows

Clio 172 ph-1

C&B cams
RSTuner custom map
182 Manifold
decat
Matched inlets (now there is a split half plenum, currently working on it for enlarged channels and re-profiled inner section)
ITG maxogen
Supersprint zorst (centre section + backbox)

14bq10.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 172
Awesome results there!!!!! Looking forward to have mine fitted and then let Henk do his magic!!!!

182 trackday racer
It will be interesting to see what results I will get with these cams on my 182 and if the results will differ from what you have got. From what I understand my car will be the first 182 to be maped by him with these cams.

Mods will be:

C&B cams
K&N panel filter in modified airbox, larger inlet pipes and removed acoustic valve.
Modified cat (to full 2½ inch)
Milltek exhaust
RStuner Custom map by Henk
Matchported inlet

Put the cams in today so Im getting there :cool:

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
167 at the wheels for the 197! is that completely stock ie no map?

mine made 158 at the wheels and estimated 188 at the fly on TDF's rollers

what is your rough estimate for that 197 at the fly?

167 at the wheels for the 197! is that completely stock ie no map?

That is with my RON95 map. SAE corrected.
DIN corrected it was 174 @ wheels on that particular day.

what is your rough estimate for that 197 at the fly?
200 DIN PS

One car to the other makes a difference. There are weaker and stronger 197/200 than mine out there.

Last edited: