ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**CLIO CUPS IN DEMAND!!!!**

BMW X5, Exige 260.

I regret selling my Cup and am looking to buy another. It is fast acquiring legend status in my books.

172 cup TT

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 16 September 2004

Who youcalling a nob?Ya fat w**k,Well seen you dont state what car you drive,Probally a banger yo knob
alright bum face, sorry havent replied been away... naa i drive a cup actually ;)... and it is faaaanntastic

nob ;)

floodie-you must lick rings for a living coz there is some amount of mailto:sh@e">sh@\ comes out your mouth. as for the rest of yous, why do you think the cup is so bloody great?? its just a massed produced bucket of french crap. you cant even take any CRITICISM about its handling or anything else. obviously not very many of yous have experience of driving DECENT cars

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 19 September 2004

floodie-you must lick rings for a living coz there is some amount of mailto:sh@e">sh@\ comes out your mouth. as for the rest of yous, why do you think the cup is so bloody great?? its just a massed produced bucket of french crap. you cant even take any CRITICISM about its handling or anything else. obviously not very many of yous have experience of driving DECENT cars
Wow 172 hero you are lettin us scots down........too many buckfasts

The reason the cup is so good is for a number of reasons...

Jonathen palmer who runs a driving school says its one of the best cars you can buy and performance per £ is unbeatable

Around brands hatch it creates more g force in a corner than:

Aston martin db9,honda civic type r,megane 225,mazda mx5,slk350 and nearly matches the gallardo

It also outbrakes these from 100mph:

mitsubishi evo 8,350z,focus rs,lotus elise,ferrari 360,and posts the same as the porche GT3 RS......how the f**k is that not exiting...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The icing on the cake is the slalom test which is a course set by 8 cones 75ft appart....from standstill the results are:

clio...8.51

350z 8.52

tvr t350 8.53

db9 8.54

evo 260 8.63

gallardo 8.67

monaro 8.77

focus rs 8.9

merc sl600 9.09

Now how is this a pile of french crap............the figures are undeniable and the frech hatch is still king after all these years from the williams onwards

do ya ken wot i mean

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Figures are from various mags including evo and autocar,didnt think you were a true scot

ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Show me a decent car that does all this for less money 172hero and still gets you around everyday style.

we dont need to bum the car up................its great on its own

On brands hatch it also carries more speed into a corner than:

civic type r

slk 350

MG SVR 260

db9

evo 8

gallardo

And believe it or not the 911 gt3 rs......40.6 vs 40.4mph

Again how is this a sh*t car??????????

They are just about the best and ive still got no doubts that i bough the best value hot hatch around

P.S did you know cars lap faster than bikes...(bike with nos).!!!!!!!!!!........ive got all the data for this too in the form of british superbikes versus the porche challenge lap times for last season

ian

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 20 September 2004

im from yorkshire
im new here, but i have already sussed out that your a fuking w**ker, and that your probably about 12 and still at school, but i know who you are, and your not fooling anyone

172 cup TT

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 19 September 2004

floodie-you must lick rings for a living coz there is some amount of mailto:sh@e">sh@\ comes out your mouth.
Hehe are you 12? - Are you so bitter because your mother regularily sings "No body loves you everybody hates you, No body loves you everybody hates you, No body loves you everybody hates you, No body loves you everybody hates you" to you for hours on end? :p

ha ha ha. nice try guys but i have driven cars that yous will only dream about. yeah and if the cup was on grand turismo it would still be shi*e. might be a w**ker but a hell of a nicer guy than you will ever be. go play with the beloved cups, the greatest car on earth. holly sh*t, now im startin to sound like yous sad lot. can see im going to fit in here like a huge c**k in a tigh anus. bet yous know what that feels like

ha ha ha. nice try guys but i have driven cars that yous will only dream about. yeah and if the cup was on grand turismo it would still be shi*e. might be a w**ker but a hell of a nicer guy than you will ever be. go play with the beloved cups, the greatest car on earth. holly sh*t, now im startin to sound like yous sad lot. can see im going to fit in here like a huge c**k in a tigh anus. bet yous know what that feels like
very true as im a woman LOL

YOU c**k SUCKING SAUSAGE JOCKEY !!!!!!!!!

[Edited by pants on 20 September 2004 at 7:59pm]

lady boy??? thought so
YOUR OBVIOUSLY GOOD AT SPOTTING THEM, WITH ALL THAT EXPERIENCE LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

ha, ha, ha. spotted you. this conversation doesnt even concern you. you drive a terrible 1200cc car that has less power than a budgies fart. now go race some electric wheel chairs and listen to some YMCA, sh*t stabber

Yaris Hybrid

Er back to the Cup being in demand....

Its been said before in this thread but I too have noticed that many people are selling them after 6 months or so. A guy at work did that. Cant say I have noticed standard 172s being sold so quickly.

I guess most owners soon realise that unless they are going to do track days they would be better off with a standard 172 as you get all the comforts plus when driving on public roads you shouldnt be pushing hard enough to notice any performance difference. Given that the Cup is really a trackday car you have to say that Renault didnt go far enough?

Of course the 182 gives you the best of both worlds and thats the car in demand nowadays.

With regards to the other comments, I agree that the Clio doesnt look particularly good. I mean lets be honest it doesnt really look that great whether it be a 172, Cup or 182? My mates Mk2 MR2 may be slow but it looks a lot better than any Clio. Your average layman would look at them and assume the MR2 was the quicker car.

ha, ha, ha. spotted you. this conversation doesnt even concern you. you drive a terrible 1200cc car that has less power than a budgies fart. now go race some electric wheel chairs and listen to some YMCA, sh*t stabber
YES SPOTTED YOU TOO, ITS VERY EASY WHEN YOU HAVE TO KEEP SIGNING IN AND OUT TO CHANGE ACCOUNTS (THINK ABOUT IT)

Quote: Originally posted by James on 20 September 2004

pants you are a bit of a nut. Do you have a 172 cup nut ?

???NO I HAVE A 1.2 CLIO ??, WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NICE TO SEE YOU BANNED THAT HORRIBLE MAN, IM SORRY FOR MY OUTBURSTS, BUT HE KEPT PMING ME SAYING NOT VERY NICE THINGS.

CLAIRE

Err is it possible to get back on topic.

Im wondering if there a lot of anti Clio hatred out there (for whatever reason) or just a load of bored internet users wanting to wind people up.

Nothing wong with Clios, each to there own. If you dont like it your entitled to your own view but posting remarks as the people sexual preference isnt exactly mature is it. Even if all Clio owners were gay does that reflect on the cars abilities?

VaVa

lol.... only read this page, and that was enough!1

Of course Clio Cups are in demand. The were cheap new, a real bargain - untouchable in the fabled bang-for-bucks stakes. Knock a couple of grand off for a 6 month old one, and you have the bargain of the year/decade !(imho)

PS ...Ive been away for a week and had completely forgotten how funny this forum is..:D

Mine has been for sale for about 3 months now. I cannot get it shifted. Only 1 person has come to see it. The bloddy thing has only done 12K miles and it and 03 in excellent condition. I dont believe its over priced either. Why is this happening to me if u guys are all selling them so easily????

Just sold mine. 9k for a 53 with 4k miles on - got a call 5 mins after it went on the autotrader.

Price it correctly otherwise youll keep it for another 3 months and lose another 3 months depreciation. Sometimes youve just got to bite the bullet.

I didnt though ;-)