ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCi Problem - Loss of Power & Glow Plug Light

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Hi, my clio dci has recently been feeling really sluggish, and often when near 3k rpm the glow plug light comes on and car loses power and you have to back off.

Car still starts fine, I thought if the glow plugs were faulty then first symptom would be poor starting?

Going to try some red x in a full tank of diesel incase the injectors maybe need a bit of a clean?

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
EGR valve removed and cleaned, refitted and car still loses power at 70mph or 3k

Got fed up with it cutting out, so kept it flat out and it got power back but then lost it again.

ALso had new alternator fitted yesterday as the pulley sheared

Away to take it out a proper thrash soon, couldve before because the alternator was rattling itself to bits

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Problem still happens, mainly when overtaking and thrashing it

Tried a tub of injector cleaner in the tank, also changed oil and air filters as it hadnt been done for a while

Had it on Renault diagnostics, and they said there was a fault with the glow plug circuit and to change the gow plugs. I couldnt see how changing the glow plugs would help as the car starts first time everytime?

185lb/ft dCi
I would have a punt at saying its the pump like josh said.

Renault dealer, you may aswell be talking to be a brick wall when trying to talk to one of their employee's. Just got to laugh at their stupidity.