ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCi starting / glow plug issues

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sure someone here will have experience with this.

DCi 65, glow plug light is permenantly on and it's struggling to start when cold. Turns over for 10-15 secs then starts with a ploom of white smoke, turn it off when it's warm for example at the petrol station and it starts perfectly as normal, although glow plug light stays on.

I have checked and confirmed all fuses are ok.

Pulled all relays and they all look ok (no corrosion etc)

Checked glow plug wiring for any breaks, couldn't see any.

Plugged it in with my snapon tool and getting df061 preheated circuit malfunction

What's next?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
If the glow plugs are old - I’d put my money on them then. I had the same issues and expected the worse. I bought genuine Bosch glow plugs off eBay and it starts on the button again.

Exactly the same issues as what you stated. But without the glow plug light on. Maybe I changed mine sooner than the light coming on. I just changed them as soon as the issue started.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Get a code reader on it

Mine was the glow plug relay at first, then my glow plugs and then after all that it was just 1 injector being a knobhead🤣

This is the one reason 1.5 dCi's are absolute c***s, the injection light lights up for about 40,000 different issues lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
If the glow plugs are old - I’d put my money on them then. I had the same issues and expected the worse. I bought genuine Bosch glow plugs off eBay and it starts on the button again.

Exactly the same issues as what you stated. But without the glow plug light on. Maybe I changed mine sooner than the light coming on. I just changed them as soon as the issue started.
It's strange because from all the reading I've done I can't find anyone having the same issues with the glow plug light on, most of the time it's not coming on at all.

Going to fire a set of plugs in it anyway but it's just odd that it would start perfectly every day then suddenly the issue starts, usually when the glow plugs start to fail it becomes harder and harder to start as time goes on and more fail.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Get a code reader on it

Mine was the glow plug relay at first, then my glow plugs and then after all that it was just 1 injector being a knobhead🤣

This is the one reason 1.5 dCi's are absolute c***s, the injection light lights up for about 40,000 different issues lol
As per first post "df061 preheated circuit malfunction"