ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Dynamique SX Sport Exhaust Problem

Hi, I recently received delivery of my new Renault Clio Dynamique SX 1.2 TCE 100 Turbo from Renault Liverpool and had the dealer fit extra of the Sport Exhaust fitted prior to delivery. Since having the car I've been very happy with it, apart from the amount of wobble and movement there is with the exhaust/ rear silencer. When viewing the car from behind pulling off it is clear the exhaust seems to wobble from side to side an awful lot. I think its due to the rubber bracket type holders they use but even if I move it gently myself it moves quite alot of wobbles around.

Does anyone know if this is a real problem in terms of it being damaged like this, or whethere they are meant to have this amount of 'give' in them. It certainly doesn't look too clever when it shakes around so much.

I'll try and get it in to the renault dealership once I get a chance but meanwhile does anyone have any advice/ knowledge about these?

Thanks,

Josh

172 cup'd extreme
Its a replacement backbox and is probably heavier than the standard one meaning the original mount cant cope and causes it to wobble. Its either that or they have not fitted it correctly.

www.renparts.co.uk
the stock Mk3 clio exhaust mounts are unbelievably soft. My brothers is a stock hidden exhaust but it wobbles about like mad.

I've taken it in to the local Renault garage and had a guy come out a look under the car at the backbox. He said it is all fitted correctly and the only thing he suggested they could do about it, if I wasn't happy with it was that they could fit a standard one back on free of charge!? :-S Do you think if I take it to an alternative garage they may be able to strength it/ put something in place to make it wobble less, or will this affect my warranty on the new car and is it not worth doing? Cheers

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
i'd ask the dealer to sort it, or do it yourself with cable ties or the likes...

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
ive got that problem too. i had it fitted by the renault dealer and it wobbles like hell. even had it hitting the skirt a couple of times.had the car up on ramps and had a full look at the system and hardly anythign down there for it to attatch to. i asked the engineer if he could do anythign to tighten it up some how and, give him due, he tried his damdest for 2 hours but there was nothing he could do to reduce it at all.. i guess weve jsut got to make due with a wobbly exhaust

Clio 197
I was told by the dealer near me that when the dealership takes delivery of the car they are supplied with some extra clip or mount that they should fit. Duno how true this is tho. :S