ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

His 88bhp diesel was slow as fook! And its a 5 door.

depends on the trim the lx an sport 88bhp manage 0-60 in 10.6 the style an studios are 12.2 so go figure depends on the talent you've spent to long taking notes in road drving stories tbfh ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Umm i think it was a style or studio. Could be an LX though! Had a sony cd player, but that was about it LOL. It's a 56 plate iirc.

320d
If he gets an RS Tuning remap it may be time to start worrying. They get around 120bhp and 250nm out of the 88bhp 1.6 tdci iirc.

The GT's have a seriously nice interior. Do they rev all the way around to 7250rpm?

Toby you have cruise control nice! Time to get a CS membership though!

Not a 320d
If he gets an RS Tuning remap it may be time to start worrying. They get around 120bhp and 250nm out of the 88bhp 1.6 tdci iirc.

The GT's have a seriously nice interior. Do they rev all the way around to 7250rpm?

Toby you have cruise control nice! Time to get a CS membership though!

Yeah cruise control and speed limiter as standard, even has corndering lights. Got all sorts on it.

They rev to just short of 7k, although im not sure what the limit is, peak power is at 6750rpm.

Im skint tbh :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye, the guy who owns this focus has it because his dad owns a rental firm, and its not used by the company anymore so he gave him it. Its actually the LX. But tbh we did a test on the dual carriage way 50-70 and he wasn't that much quicker. But you can tell its a diesel with the s**t it spews out of the exhaust!

320d
Aye, the guy who owns this focus has it because his dad owns a rental firm, and its not used by the company anymore so he gave him it. Its actually the LX. But tbh we did a test on the dual carriage way 50-70 and he wasn't that much quicker. But you can tell its a diesel with the s**t it spews out of the exhaust!

What gear where you both in?

I'd probably get beat 50-70 in top gear by it. Under about 4.5-5K a relitavely low capasity petrol engine isn't much use.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
FLOL! I'm getting 30.4mpg.

I had a scare on the way home! Was doing about 70 potatoes and in a turning i see a white car. Then as i go passed i look in the mirror this thing has bombed it out. Thought it was the police so slowed down VERY fast to 60 asparagus. Turns out it was a bloody Megane R.26.R!!! How i didn't spot the bonnet lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
By 10 nuggets :( Not sure why i was, i think i was just following the van in front and didnt look at the speedo. I got lucky, and instead of the 5-0 it was a lush Megane.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sounds like it has an induction kit standard! Everyone compliments the thing. I love it to bits.

By 10 nuggets :( Not sure why i was, i think i was just following the van in front and didnt look at the speedo. I got lucky, and instead of the 5-0 it was a lush Megane.

Could be enough for you to lose your license though. 6 points and your a gonna remember!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I know I know! I've had my scare now I know not to be a silly t**t. I never speed too :( Even been complimented on my safe driving.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye, I've only given it some stick a few times (Weather conditions are a bit s**t to be driving it fast like) but it sounds gooood.

Not a 320d
Ive noticed that when i stop in traffic, the car will make a noise when i move off again, its as though i have binding brakes and can hear the pads rubbing against the discs as i move off. Its happened all but 4 times now. Not sure whether or not to go in and get it sorted or to wait it out for a few more miles and see if it goes away.

Clio GT
Ive noticed that when i stop in traffic, the car will make a noise when i move off again, its as though i have binding brakes and can hear the pads rubbing against the discs as i move off. Its happened all but 4 times now. Not sure whether or not to go in and get it sorted or to wait it out for a few more miles and see if it goes away.

Yep i get the same at times... dunno wot it is. :rolleyes:

Clio GT
Might be selling my GT as i've been offered a company car at work, along with a promotion.... ugh.... have to see what happens.........

Not a 320d
Glad im not the only one. I had the damage on the lip of my bonnet where the wipers are repaired today too. Not a good sign that your getting it too. How many miles are you on ?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
MPG has gone down to 29.9.

Gunna stop doing full throttle starts altogethor now. Shame, i love the sound it makes. Its almost VTEC.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
With some cars, its just too nice to have a led foot.

I've scared myself now though, totally paranoid there's a member of the 5-0 round every corner. Which, tbh is a good thing. I now stick to the limits 100%.

Not a 320d
With some cars, its just too nice to have a led foot.

I've scared myself now though, totally paranoid there's a member of the 5-0 round every corner. Which, tbh is a good thing. I now stick to the limits 100%.

Lol I managed to get my mpg down to 19 last night. It has gone up to 24 now tho I decided to take it easy. I love the sound it makes in the last 1000rpm.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
HAHA a colleague from work who has a CTR was saying how like his it sounds in the top end of the rev band. LOVE IT.

VVT JUST KICKED IN y0

320d
Does the GT have the same airbox as the Twingo RS? I know you can take a rubber bung in the airbox you remove and it makes them sound a lot better.

Clio III RS 200
^ AFAIK air intake and exhaust are the two major differences between Clio GT's engine and the one in Twingo RS which give the extra 5 hp in Twingo.

I'm glad to see that the GT has similar (or worse :) )mpg values like the 200, it means I made the right choice :)

Not a 320d
^ AFAIK air intake and exhaust are the two major differences between Clio GT's engine and the one in Twingo RS which give the extra 5 hp in Twingo.

I'm glad to see that the GT has similar (or worse :) )mpg values like the 200, it means I made the right choice :)

Well im hoping my Gt will look a little better when its wearing spacers and prolines thats the only thing wrong with it at the moment,

I think the ECu is different or its running a different map, the stroke is different and the intake is different. im not sure about the rest.

R26
Nope. Twingo Rs has a box a little like the 172. GT had a ghey airbox.

I'm curious about the plastic box on the intake pipe (before the airbox) that sits horizontally above the battery - does anybody know what it's for? It can easily be removed (you just un-clip it). Doesn't seem to contain anything useful. However, should you remove it, it would leave the intake pipe with two open holes, which would potentially draw hot air from the engine.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I noticed that ^^^ It seemed useless to me! And there was a french spider living in it :) LOL

Not a 320d
I'm curious about the plastic box on the intake pipe (before the airbox) that sits horizontally above the battery - does anybody know what it's for? It can easily be removed (you just un-clip it). Doesn't seem to contain anything useful. However, should you remove it, it would leave the intake pipe with two open holes, which would potentially draw hot air from the engine.

well in my last 1.2, i had the MK3 engine in it, the air box was like a piece of hollow plastic much like this stupid box your talking about. God knows why its there.