ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GTT Progress Pics Part Deux!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Cool. That engine looks tiny when compared with the amount of room the old 1.8 took up!

LOL! looks like a Preg Valver in the background!!!!!

Lookin good fella. WHHHOOOOOOOSHHHHH TICHHCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!

I take it all the engine bits and bobs arent in yet right?

Cos that engine is quite a bit smaller than my 1.4 8v E engine.

Paul

Near enough done just need the HKS air filter on and the heatshield and I think thats it done engine wise, but your right it does look tiny!!

But that size will be better. No more worries of having to drop it out when wanting to do anything even minor. Will run a lot cooler, and as turbos tend to get hot, its a bonus. Hopefully the year after next (when i finish uni) i will be the proud owner of something similar.

Paul

ps Is that the paint the car came in? It looks ace

Yeah and with the specs, can you give us an aproximate price idea? As I said, I am looking at this in about a year, so it would be nice to get an idea of how much I need to save up. I know TT are asking about 1k to do the work and you provide the engine, but I know nothing else. Like how much would it cost to rebuild the engine etc.

Paul

not bad but y a 1.4 ? the 2.0 williams could take a 2.o 16v lump so y not go for a 2.0 16v turbo block out of the vel satis - the one im building will be a hell of a lot quicker with greater tuning potential. It goes straight in ( u have to chisel a bit out of the bulk head so the turbo will fit in the engine bay ) but the power to weight ratio will be unreal. You have to fit the vel satis ecu and wiring loom but thats no big deal. R- SPORT will even programme an ecu up to improve the 250 bhp standard.If you change your mind and want a 2.0 turbo unit let me know - i can get them cheap.

put the 172 head on with the turbo exhaust cam.

But there were concerns over the height of the F4R unit in it, although its not the 730 with its inlet manifold.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 21 August 2003

lol...is that a hayned manual on the roof!? :p

Every mechanics bible lol!!

As for the tech spec this is what I could remember probably bits missed off:

Full set of SFS hoses
Magnecor Leads
Tarabusi pistons and liners
Lighten and balance bottom end, including taken 3.6kg off the flywheel and harmonicaly balancing front Pulley, crank, rods, flywheel and clutch!
Uprated Clutch
Grp A headset with uprated bolts
Forge front mount intercooler with hard piping
Uprated engine mounts
Low temp stat
Low temp fan
Copper Core Rad
Braided oil hoses
Braided turbo feed
Kevlar Heat Shield
2x4" titanium tipped backboxes

Went for the 1.4 lump as with the 2.0 lump fair enough you can get 250bhp, but if it goes wrong it will cost a fortune to get it fixed such as if you do the 16 pistons, where as with the GTT lump you can get off the shelf performace parts.

Lookin Good Marcus!! bet your gettin excited bit closer to gettin your baby back!!

nice one matey - one day one day!!!

vix ;)