ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Heater Problem (Locating Heater Resistor Problems)

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Been searching all morning and read quite a few threads and have tried to locate the heater resistor

Iv saw various pics, and where there is a plug on the right hand side there just seems to be a blank spot? Car in question is a 2001 clio 1.5 dci (no air con or climate control)

The main plug which can be seen and has a smaller plug beneath, I removed both of these and had a look and refitted and tried blower and nothing. It has been working intermittently the past few days, either nothing on 1 2 3or 4 or working fine. From what iv read resistor should be to the right of the pic but cant see anything

IMG_0127.jpg

Chav Rocket
i think if you have lost one speed or two then its the resistor, if its intermittent on all speeds its more likely a connection. take out the plug (are you sure its the right one?) one side of the plug will be female, use a little screwdriver and tighten the terminals.
Spray some WD40 / GT40 / use vaseline and refit.

I dont know these cars/how many connectors there are in the chain, but it will be a process of elimination.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
i think if you have lost one speed or two then its the resistor, if its intermittent on all speeds its more likely a connection. take out the plug (are you sure its the right one?) one side of the plug will be female, use a little screwdriver and tighten the terminals.
Spray some WD40 / GT40 / use vaseline and refit.

I dont know these cars/how many connectors there are in the chain, but it will be a process of elimination.

The main plug in the pic is the only one I can see, also seems to have a thicker earth and live feed going to it