ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Help!!! Creaky Suspension ( i think )

Clio S
Hi there im a newbie so just thought id get straight to the point!

Ive got a clio S 1.4 2000 reg,

Just recently done alot of miles in past week travelling to work and ive noticed a creaking nosie which is getting alot louder!

Ive got 16' BK Racing alloys on and havent had any problems at all since owning the car, ive noticed that when u get in and sit down the car creeks ( no im not fat either lol )

When you get out it creeks again, and recently when im driving and turn left or right it creaks even louder and is becoming abit annoying!

The handling itself hasnt been affected its still superb and even though its a harsh ride due to suspension i can live with it, but if anyones got any ideas as to why its doing this it would be much appreciated!!

And a rough price of repair would be great 2, Many Thanks
Rich

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Handbrake? Could be, sticking and stuff... that would explain the creek when you sit in it.

My X Reg Si 1.4 16v needs new rear shockers, but I'm saving my pennies for a full set of proper sport dampers from K-Tec.

DAMN BEING A SKINT STUDENT! GAH!

Clio S
Lol i know that feeling being skint :(

got it booked into local garage now for thursday, been told to check lower suspension arm and ball joints, its most possibly the last one as they wear quite quick so ive heard!

£12.99 for each set off ebay and about £50 to replace all together, will find out after thursday though, hopefully be back on road with no creaking haha:)