ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio iMusic - Amp to Battery connection

Hi everyone,

Been reading through each and every page in this category for a solution to my problem and the only threads seemed to be for older models where it was a little easier to do. I need to connect my amplifier to my car battery. I have a Renault Clio iMusic 1.2 2010 plate. I have taken a couple photos the best I could of what I can see and what I think is the correct leads going to the engine bay. However the grommet which is there is full and the cables are tight so I can't really interfere with that too much because there isn't room to. And ideally I don't want to drill another hole.

Here are a couple photos of beneath the glove box:

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

The grommet in the images above is just below the glove box however on the other side (engine) it's much higher and cannot see an entry point (images below). Ideally the best way would be to push the cable from the engine side along with the other cables into the footwell, but there doesn't appear to be the capacity to do this.

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

The basic question is has anyone fitted an amp into this model before? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Ross