ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My point was I assumed you had driven one from your post.

I wondered what your thoughts were on the R32 over the clio RS.

I assumed wrongly and was sucked in by your trolling.

I've driven both incidentally.

I agree with J:approve: i think your post was insulting to Cliosport:( members.

Clio 200T
Don't know if it was discussed yet; I just got the information from my dealer that Renault will present a new Clio RS special edition with 230 HP at the Geneva Motor Show starting 6. March :D

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
This is from this months EVO.
It was always gonna happen! How many different versions of the meg 250 have we had since 2010?
yju4ymyh.jpg

Clio 200T
also a gearbox software update to reduce the lazines will be available in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Meg took 2 yrs til the trophy came out as last version of 250. In 2012 the 265 was released with minimum face changes and I think later this year a new facelift is being released.

So maybe that will be a pattern they'll follow.. Every 2 years release a change??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Meg took 2 yrs til the trophy came out as last version of 250. In 2012 the 265 was released with minimum face changes and I think later this year a new facelift is being released.

So maybe that will be a pattern they'll follow.. Every 2 years release a change??

By that time the ST will be so far gone!

Probably an ST500 with leather and stickers I imagine.

Suzuki Jimny

Renault need to do something about the clio ASAP in my opinion. The Polo R is confirmed and should be an epic little car!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Me neither! What are peoples thoughts of the paddle shift only? Put me off from the start. 230+hp with a manual box and some different styling and it would make me think.

The paddle shift is fine, it seems slow to people because it's there at your fingers and people expect the change to be instant. its still quicker than moving your hand pushing the clutch and then releasing. Well for me anyway especially in race mode. You can also change gear by using the gear stick which actually seems to change gear quicker than the paddles as it's probably physically connected rather than electrically. As for the brakes, they are fierce, some very good stopping power. As for the keyboard race drivers who scream for brembo's, drive one first they aren't needed on the road.

clio 182 trophy
The paddle shift is fine, it seems slow to people because it's there at your fingers and people expect the change to be instant. its still quicker than moving your hand pushing the clutch and then releasing. Well for me anyway especially in race mode. You can also change gear by using the gear stick which actually seems to change gear quicker than the paddles as it's probably physically connected rather than electrically. As for the brakes, they are fierce, some very good stopping power. As for the keyboard race drivers who scream for brembo's, drive one first they aren't needed on the road.

Thanks for the reply. How do you find the use of the torque compared to the 182?

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Thanks for the reply. How do you find the use of the torque compared to the 182?
Its a lot smoother in delivery and because of the size and build of the car your travelling quicker/faster than you realise. If it's left in auto and you put your foot down hard it drops the gears and suddenly it's off with no drama or hissy fits compared to having to get the 182 up in the revs before it lets loose.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
According to a journo it feels worse/slower than the dsg box that was in my 53 plate V6 TT.

Yeah, that's over 10 years ago.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll try and find it. Was from Twitter last year, iirc was Autocar worker.

I've not driven the Clio yet. As we know there aren't many of them.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've seen quite a few round here (Cheshire) I know of where a LY lives, and see a black one regularly too. I think they have potential tbh, be interesting to see a more focused version.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
admit defeat Renault, stick a 6 speed manual in it, hell even the old 197/200 box that everyone loves to moan about, stick a diff in it, drop it 15mm, give it a 15% power boost, 20% torque boost, give it recaros that we all have to teach our birds how to get in and out without rubbing the side bolster so they don't wear stick a mean ass looking front splitter on it that deflects the attention from that silly front end.

and is a cheap pcp deal too much to ask for to go with all of that?

EDIT: also, I like change, I was all for turbo power, 5 doors etc etc, the gearbox I was unsure about, a 30 minute test drive also wouldn't be enough to help me make my mind up on it enough to buy one, what I wish is that Renault would have some faith in the gearbox, be proud of it, offer 24hr test drives like they done when the new laguna came out, every dealer gets one, give us all 24hrs to live with it and see what we think, then tempt us with a good deal and I bet they would start to sell!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
admit defeat Renault, stick a 6 speed manual in it, hell even the old 197/200 box that everyone loves to moan about, stick a diff in it, drop it 15mm, give it a 15% power boost, 20% torque boost, give it recaros that we all have to teach our birds how to get in and out without rubbing the side bolster so they don't wear stick a mean ass looking front splitter on it that deflects the attention from that silly front end.

and is a cheap pcp deal too much to ask for to go with all of that?

EDIT: also, I like change, I was all for turbo power, 5 doors etc etc, the gearbox I was unsure about, a 30 minute test drive also wouldn't be enough to help me make my mind up on it enough to buy one, what I wish is that Renault would have some faith in the gearbox, be proud of it, offer 24hr test drives like they done when the new laguna came out, every dealer gets one, give us all 24hrs to live with it and see what we think, then tempt us with a good deal and I bet they would start to sell!

sounds like a 265?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm convinced they're trying to kill the RS clio off tbh. There is no other logical explanation to design a car which goes out of its way to alienate the existing market, and then expend no effort whatsoever in advertising to its new market.

I don't even know what the RS clio advert looks like, if there is one?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm convinced they're trying to kill the RS clio off tbh. There is no other logical explanation to design a car which goes out of its way to alienate the existing market, and then expend no effort whatsoever in advertising to its new market.

I don't even know what the RS clio advert looks like, if there is one?

A few of my mates on Facebook (one of them a photographer, all of them Renault enthusiasts) didn't even know the RS was out, or that it was 5 door only. It's been nearly a year Ffs

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
What the f**k is going on with that status bar that keeps popping up? Please tell me they weren't so f**king lazy that they just screengrabbed their advert to put it on youtube. Christ almighty, that just shows how much they care.

If you find the original ad it's interactive

Suzuki Jimny
Renault don't even let people test drive a car without paying for it first, let alone a 24h test drive!

I've been waiting since august to have a test drive in the 200T, where as ford just offered me the keys to a fiesta ST straight away.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It may well be, but I'd expect the IT department of a large international car company to be able to use the source video that they used to make the interactive version, and upload that to youtube, rather than crack out FRAPS and make something which quite frankly is embarassing.

Doesn't matter anyway, as only a thousand people have seen it.

Lets face it, it's been a huge failure.

I have seen two since they 'came out'. Even then I had to look really hard to tell it was an RS.

God knows what they were thinking. They can't have sold many?

clio 182 trophy
Apparently VW are bringing out a Polo R like mentioned in a previous thread. The spec that is rumored (if it happens, unlikely though) embarrasses the clio spec. A new model with the same performance as the last one (200) and only (maybe not) quicker than their model of 10+ years ago. Why? Why not make it at least 230-250bhp, 3 and 5 door options with a decent manual box. How much will people be paying for repairs/replacements on the paddle shift box in a few years when it does break or go wrong out of warranty? Threatens the Meganes performance? Make the next one 300+hp then. Sorry rant over.

E87 118d M Sport
When was this released? I've been away for a while but didn't even realise they had released a new 200?
I worked on the stand next to Renault at GoodWood last year so I can only presume it was after the summer?
An auto, 5 door sport. oh my

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Why would they though?

Because for whatever reason they want to phase the RS clio out I guess. Making all the special bumpers etc for the RS clios, plus the engines, drivetrain etc and then putting it all together on seperate assembly lines eats into the profit and can end up making it seem pointless to make the effort for little return.

clio 182 trophy
Because for whatever reason they want to phase the RS clio out I guess. Making all the special bumpers etc for the RS clios, plus the engines, drivetrain etc and then putting it all together on seperate assembly lines eats into the profit and can end up making it seem pointless to make the effort for little return.

Wouldn't they then have to replace it with a new model to compete in the market for a small hatch though? Or am I missing something here?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing they'd just concentrate on the Megane.

Although with the Twingo one side and the Megane on the other, both squeezing inwards, will there be a Clio for evermore?