ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Looking good IMO. I think the Renaultsport version (Please stop pretending they ever got the rights to use 'RS') will be the class leader.

Why do you all keep saying RS? It's embarrassing for you.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Those DRL's hurt my eyes.

I'm usually a fan of DRL's too.

Im pretty sure they are repositioned lower in the front grill in the renault sport version.

Renault%20Sport.jpg

Im looking forward to this more by the day to be honest, I think the non-sport looks cracking!

Hope there's a silly PCP deal again, Im going to be all over it I think.

Looking for 182

Looking good IMO. I think the Renaultsport version (Please stop pretending they ever got the rights to use 'RS') will be the class leader.

Why do you all keep saying RS? It's embarrassing for you.

There is an RS badge on the front of it!

Ahh, glad to see the DRL's are in a better position on the RS model.

My 200 has got RS badges on it.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2

martin the racist was telling me hes ordering a DCi one as soon as they are released! lol

There is an RS badge on the front of it!

No. There isn't. It's R.S.

A weak attempt. I wish they'd just had the conviction to stick with Renaultsport. They never tried to push 'RS'.

Some more editing: It's going to be a great car.

Last edited:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

It's going to be a great car.

I agree 100% Some people will always hate the new model as they have a bond with their current car!
New model is too heavy, should never be 5 door, no manual etc etc
Really though have Renault ever made a bad RenaultSport Clio??
No I can't think of one either ;)

Yes. Yes it does!

They did just fine when they insisted it was Renaultsport. They then tried to go all fashionable by attempting to brand them as RS.

EDIT: Plus again LOL at the wrap. Anyone really want to deny that it's a jumbled up Ford RS logo? Weak.

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

One very good news which seems real for all those as me who are disappointed at first by the only choice of this semi-auto gearbox :approve:

It would seem that the gearbox will be ... sequential!

Thus in a pure "Renault Sport Spirit" and not these DSG from VW for example!

Thus we shall can in the manual mode go to play in the "red zone" if we want it ^^

That is Renault Sport!

Wait & see now ^^

What will this mean to the user, if you're pulling paddles anyway?

Genuine question. Faster shifts?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

best get there before midnight

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Oh god they are Bound to crumble then!

Where did you hear that?

Not hear but see on a video by a member of a French forum ^^

Look at very well this video and especially the inside made in the FoS at Goodwood, the driver pass the gears not only with the paddle on the wheel but also with his right hand on a gearshift apparently

Thus possiblity also of a "manual mode" in a sequential gearbox, why not?
And I hope!

Wait and see now ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Looks mint, cant wait to blag a test drive

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

i think it looks brilliant, did anyone else notice what looks like a shift light at 1:57?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

Im liking the wee gear shift light under the MPH.
Goes from green into amber and then red

Not too keen on the shape myself and the seats don't have a patch on the recurs in the 197 / 200 & The Trophys

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF

I think as said will all love this soon as we all love Renaultsports

It'll be ok, goes ok as well

dk

911 GTS Cab

so is it confirmed whether it is auto only or not? auto express say they had it confirmed from a renault source that it was auto only.

but they also says cup model will be available from launch and I'm sure it was said it wouldn't.

Ged

PD130 Peach

sounds like a little megane RS. Like the noise, gearbox seems sharp in response... Just doesent have that lively mad revving that the 197/200 has.. It will be greatly missed im sure...

Buy a twingo and put a 182 engine in.. win.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

so is it confirmed whether it is auto only or not? auto express say they had it confirmed from a renault source that it was auto only.

but they also says cup model will be available from launch and I'm sure it was said it wouldn't.

Like I said for the moment we can look just the video I given before

Look at the driver, he dont pass the gears on the wheel like on a semi-auto or auto gearbox but with his right hand on a shiftgear as on a sequential manual gearbox maybe ^^

Thus maybe it will have several modes for the gearbox and especially a nice sequential manual mode which is more in the Renault Sport Racing Spirit as a (s**t for me) gearbox like the DSG from VW for example...

Wait and see

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

I am just hoping the cup will have a manual gearbox to save cost

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I am just hoping the cup will have a manual gearbox to save cost

I had 40 minutes on the phone with Renault UK yesterday, and midway through dealing with my complaint he broke off and asked my thoughts on the MkIV being 5 door only.

I told him couldn't care less about the 5 door thing, but the manual box was a deal breaker for me. Raised the issue of manual on a Cup version as an alternative, told him to make sure that was fed back to those wanting the opinions of brand loyal enthusiasts.

Not that it'll make the slightest difference but we can hope LOL.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

I really hope your message got through for the sake of the brand.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Roy are you having a go at people saying 'RS' because you think its a Ford thing, get your facts/car history right, its actually a SKODA thing originally, read up

Roy are you having a go at people saying 'RS' because you think its a Ford thing, get your facts/car history right, its actually a SKODA thing originally, read up

No. It's just not a Renault thing. Never was and still isn't. Hence the weak attempt at acquiring it.