ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm aware of one or two, but generally they don't seem very popular at all. Although as second hand prices fall, 3-door and manual gearbox will gradually become less important, and twin clutch & launch control will gradually become more and more awesome.

On the other hand though, french car, very expensive gearbox and no warranty are not words that make happy signs in my mind. That said, Renault didn't build the gearbox, so it might not be another 200 case. Time will tell.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It was matching figures for the Golf, not sure how/why (and that's quite a bit more than the GT86!)!!!

What's that then, £250-300 a month?

That said, your average GT86 customer isn't likely to be interested in a Golf R as they're quite different cars! One is about getting from A-B faster than the Voyager and the other is about having a laugh whilst being practical.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
I want a 200t, I just can't afford one at the moment as my job is only tempory and all my money is going into the house deposit fund! Boooo! I would love to see more threads on them in here! Turbo cars have so much potential! :p

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Renault Wolverhampton have just got a LUX in with cup pack, heated leather seats and rear parking sensors in for £16999 it's in silver with 12500 miles..... bit of bartering.....

bugger got there before me

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've just tried the Used car search on Firefox, Chrome and IE and it doesn't work on any.. That may be one of the shittiest websites I've seen.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
What absolute invalid can't park a hatchback?!

Stupid, stupid option.

If you normally park your car three foot from anything behind you then yes a stupid option :rasp:
They're already fitted to this so what's the issue......

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you normally park your car three foot from anything behind you then yes a stupid option :rasp:
They're already fitted to this so what's the issue......

clios have a near enough vertical rear screen anyway so when the wall touches the window you know to stop reversing.

That they're offered on such a small car to begin with.

If a second hand car has them on then there's nothing you can do, my girlfriends civic (bought used) has them. I feel like a right tw*t driving it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm aware of one or two, but generally they don't seem very popular at all. Although as second hand prices fall, 3-door and manual gearbox will gradually become less important, and twin clutch & launch control will gradually become more and more awesome.

Launch control in a Renault. Stunning idea. Definitely won't break.

It's the lack of presence and width I dislike. Need some arch!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's the lack of presence and width I dislike. Need some arch!

I've said this from the off. Massive disappointment. Renaultsport peaked with the mk3, large vented front wings and nicely swollen rear arches leading into a nice fat rear bumper.

Mk4 - "meh, change the bumpers and glue some skirts onto it"

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've said this from the off. Massive disappointment. Renaultsport peaked with the mk3, large vented front wings and nicely swollen rear arches leading into a nice fat rear bumper.

Mk4 - "meh, change the bumpers and glue some skirts onto it"

but the same can be said about the fiesta, so ghey and tall looking

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Saw my first one today. Looked a bit Barry with the silver trim on the doors....

aqyre3um.jpg

Unfortunately I imagine the bottom line was no flared arches or no car.

It costs a lot of money to tool up for flared fenders, particularly the rear. There are a million considerations for production. Clearly Renault felt they couldn't justify the extra costs of a different body-in-white offset against projected sales.

It's still not exactly an ugly car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm a fan of the MK3 Meggy 250. They are only plastic stick on bits, and as much as Ive seen Munson and Gally **** it, looks nice and chunky in the flesh, stick on arches an all.

They could have done something similar with the Clio, as it must cost peanuts to tool plastic stick on tat like that.

Remember, the MK2 Clio 172 was only bumpers skirts and front wings. Rear quarters were stock

I like Megane III. My only gripe was the no more nails arches. They wouldn't have looked so bad if they hadn't used a 150mm hole saw to cut out the filler flap access. Lol.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
But they still have that 'edge' though from a petrol heads point of view, don't they? I know to the common motorist 1*2's look like normal Clio's but even the Mk3 looks 'normal' to petrol heads lol. I still like it though...

I'm unsure flared arches would have saved it though - that gearbox has really fvcked it, it would seem.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Exactly

i have zero interest in it. It's all about the meggy III for me. 99% sure it'll be my next car

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Great cars, Gaz - if i could find a 250 with Recaro's and xenons i'd be all over it but finding one with both isn't easy or the wrong colour..

These 250's are buttons now, i cannot believe how cheap they are now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like Megane 250. Infact i'd love to own one. The engine sounds like a sewing machine and the dash sends me to sleep but what a drive.

In regards to the 172/v6 picture, that's just embarrassing.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Same, for me it needs to be White or Oyster grey, Recaros, cupped done.

Had a good nose round a yellow one the other day. Lovely machines.

:)