ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Always said I would be very interested in the 4RS 2.0 when in arrives.
Hopefully the trophy lives upto the name.

Nissan 350z
Proper body, proper engine, proper daft wing, special suspension, recaros.

I'd be sold.

But new colour and stickers... Renault can get tae feck.

Yeah Id love to be optimistic but theres a history of "special edition" let downs. Look at the Meg 265 Trophy....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Look at what they've recently done with Megane and the Trophy/R versions. Jeremy separately has confirmed that the 'Trophy' moniker was to be reserved for the hardcore models only.

They've done it with the Megane, it's the Clio's turn next...so given what they did to the Megane it should be pretty far from some stickers and a one off paintjob.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It won't be just stickers. The Trophy R was the real track car though, the Trophy was a remap and stickers to start with.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing what the Juke rs thing is my money is on manual/lsd and more power.

If it had the above my Megane is getting traded in

Also why are people so f**king obsessed with Brembos and insist that anything other is shite and going to kill you. Yawn.

Really interested to see what delights the Trophy will offer. It definitely won't be a wide rear body. Absolutely no chance. Far too expensive where rear doors are involved.

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
CLIO%20RS%20TROPHY%20by%20TheAutomobilist.fr%20_zpsnptv7anv.png

Mini GP2
It won't be a manual, can't see Renault making it a manual when the regular 200 is an auto. Ideal spec, Ohlins, Akra, PS CUP tyres and a unique colour. Mondial Blue would be nice to see.

SQ5
It won't be a manual, can't see Renault making it a manual when the regular 200 is an auto. Ideal spec, Ohlins, Akra, PS CUP tyres and a unique colour. Mondial Blue would be nice to see.

The Nismo Juke has a manual box, it'll bolt straight onto this.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Correct. It's called the 200T EDC. I can't see them changing the name of the car?

Still f**k ugly anyway so they're not winning with a better gearbox

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
220bhp, manual box ,lsd as the nismo juke would be easy to do , the best renaultsports are always the end of the line models so this wont be that special

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I really do hope that they will do it as a manual, It would be easy enough. Juke Nismo RS has Manual/LSD/Recaros etc. Pretty much what everyone wants the 200T to be.

Even if they update the laughably slow shifts and stick an LSD in it it will be far better than it is now but for me to trade the Megane in it would have to have a manual

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I know that ain't going to be the #Trophy but you can always dream :)

34da992013debc888059347d615d1af8.jpg

Can't believe it's not got turinis on it ;)

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly the R.S. in the centre of that wheel will most probably be a dealer chargeable extra and then still come in the wrong colour for the wheels.

I hope they have done something proper with the Trophy, all it needs is a small increase in power, a big increase in torque, a manual 'box, and, err, that's it.

Brakes, suspension, seats, everything else in fact, are already more than up to the task.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Updated flappy paddle box with LSD, fancy suspension, small power bump and fancy seats is my bet.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Omg. I actually saw one on Saturday near Bedford Autodrome. Only taken what, 18 months?
Thought it was a Seat Leon at first lol. Was ok in yellow. Massive great big car though.
Hopefully the Trophy will be interesting.