ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Surely that's a GOOD thing? I'm not seeing your argument lol

the box won't let you change down if it'll cause the engine to over rev - good thing
the box won't auto change up a gear when bouncing off the limiter until the paddle is pressed - good thing
it'll go into 1st automatically if you come to a full stop - good thing

so what exactly is your argument?

all of the above are assumptions as I haven't driven one

+1, I fail to see the floors in this? I'm not saying there isn't any, i'm just not grasping them if they do exist? I still prefer a stick shift probably because that what I have been used to for years now, paddle shift seems a bit fake.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Is this really designed to be an automatic box, with the pretense of manual selection?

I'd say it's an automatic 'box with manual selection if desired.

Yes it will prevent a downshift which would cause it to disintegrate (exactly the same as a maximum rpm limiter stops over revving), no it won't auto up-shift if you hit the limiter. Yes there seems to be a delay between request and execution (hopefully a tweak to software will iron this out if it is a problem).

There's no pretense as far as I can see.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I can see the F1, cup, trophysport, comeswithrecaros model getting a faster reacting gearbox if that's the case instantly devaluing all the early buyers cars!

usual Renault stuff!

Clio 200
Tbh I cant see it having a fully manual mode, it will still override you in that case I recon.
Fully manual in 'Race' mode, but then the ESC safety net are also removed – wouldn't fancy opposite-lock tail happy motoring with cars approaching in the opposite direction.:eek:

Clio 200
I'd say it's an automatic 'box with manual selection if desired.

Yes it will prevent a downshift which would cause it to disintegrate (exactly the same as a maximum rpm limiter stops over revving), no it won't auto up-shift if you hit the limiter. Yes there seems to be a delay between request and execution (hopefully a tweak to software will iron this out if it is a problem).

There's no pretense as far as I can see.
Yes it WILL upshift if you hit the limiter in 'normal' and 'sport' mode, but not in 'race' mode.

An orange one
Same as in my car although it's a conventional auto with paddles

Normal D and sport D will change up itself

In manual it'll bounce the limiter all day long if you wish, but even in manual will come down gears at junctions to prevent stalling, it would be crap if it didn't do this, imagine forgetting and trying to set off in 8th lol

An orange one
FLOL worst review ever

"there's even a track mode which (scared face) is a little bit dangerous to me"

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Just read the EVO review, 4.5 stars. 100% Would buy, I love my DSG, clutch in the 182 is a pain in traffic. Suits all my current needs (mrs can drive/5dr). This car will broaden RS Clio appeal and more sales will pave the way for possible 'hotter versions' or thats what some Renault bod is quoted in the review. They didn't like the MK3 at first iirc.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
4.5 stars? Is that all? Sounds s**t tbh. :cool:

Would it get 5 stars if you downshift at 100 from 5th to 1st to blow the engine? That's what the racing drivers can do!

LOL just LOL

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just read the EVO review, 4.5 stars. 100% Would buy, I love my DSG, clutch in the 182 is a pain in traffic. Suits all my current needs (mrs can drive/5dr). This car will broaden RS Clio appeal and more sales will pave the way for possible 'hotter versions' or thats what some Renault bod is quoted in the review. They didn't like the MK3 at first iirc.

If a hotter version comes out, that's great (although still wouldn't buy it as it's a 5 door) but if not... then everything you've written is the exact opposite from what I would want from an RS.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
But no one had even saw it when they started shouting im not buying it renault are making a mistake.

I dont think the car looks to bad but i dont think it looks spectacular but after seeing how much better a non rs looks in the flesh i cant wait to see this

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I really don't understand the distain people are constantly spouting about it.

I get it, you don't like/want it. Why keep going on about it? If you don't like it so much why keep telling people that don't give a f**k; i.e me?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Er...but it doesn't.

Why are you still in this thread? We all get that you don't like it so please stop forcing your opinion on others when they say they like it.

Also why do people want to force a gear change to first doing 70mph?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does it rev match on down changes? I drove a lorry that did the other day, was epic.

clio diesel
Why are you still in this thread? We all get that you don't like it so please stop forcing your opinion on others when they say they like it.

Also why do people want to force a gear change to first doing 70mph?

The point about the gear change was made because someone stated the gearbox would not override the driver in manual mode. I said it would and proved it with an extreme example, thus proving the point.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
The point about the gear change was made because someone stated the gearbox would not override the driver in manual mode. I said it would and proved it with an extreme example, thus proving the point.

But for sensible/normal people you have complete control. I don't see a problem.

182 cup
Just how tuneable is a 1.6 with presumably a little turbo?

Cant expect massive figures, when a 2.0l T Meganes only used to make about 250-260 stage 1?

Just saw a page by accident looking for new reviews of the car and somebody already has a tune. They are quoting 239hp and 320nm of torque with those numbers and weight it will be quicker than a RS265 by 3 or 4 tenths over the quarter. Not bad

Clio 182
Same engine in the Nissan Juke which is already being tuned, so same figures to be expected from the new Clio. It will get to 225/230bhp with a stage 1, no doubt.

clio diesel
But, but, but no clutch, 5 doors, but

Head here http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk/ubbthreads.php

Ford has extremely high hopes for the ST in the UK, forecasts of 5,000 per year equalling half of the total European production. At £16,995, the ST undercuts its key rivals by £2,000 (although the ST2 adds partial leather, heated seating, LED running lights, privacy glass and an uprated Sony CD/DAB radio for an extra £1,000). Decent residuals (50 per cent over three years), an insurance-friendly Cat 1 security system and respectable CO2 and mpg all add to the appeal too. It'll also be a stonkingly good all-rounder. In fact, I'd go so far as to say, it's one of the most fun, engaging and talented hot hatches money can buy. Renault, it's over to you...

Taken from the pistonheads review of the fiesta ST