ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Price mostly. Aslong as the performance doesn't majorly suffer. If it was performance most thing would be wearing Michelin!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmmm dunno, I think the facelifts will be every 3years or so now with the way the industry is. Think the meggy only had one real revision in its life so far??

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Price mostly. Aslong as the performance doesn't majorly suffer. If it was performance most thing would be wearing Michelin!

Not really. They will take into account all the tyre ratings now for fuel efficiency, grip levels, noise etc. Plenty of other top tyre manufacturers out there.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
My concern with the flappy paddles is that if VAG & BMW have struggled to make their versions 100% reliable, how on earth are Renault going to do it? Or is it a Japanese box from Nissan?

Launch control is nothing new to hot hatches either tbh, my R32 has it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My concern with the flappy paddles is that if VAG & BMW have struggled to make their versions 100% reliable, how on earth are Renault going to do it? Or is it a Japanese box from Nissan?

Launch control is nothing new to hot hatches either tbh, my R32 has it.

Getrag is the worlds largest supplier of car gearboxes and is German, so should be pretty good.

Getrag are s**t hot.

Also, offering two different types of transmission is highly unlikely to make the car cheaper to either preference. Mostly likely more expensive to both.

Personally I'd chose the auto anyway.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Really pissed with Renault!

the thing looks a f**king hoot to drive, even the flappy paddles are making me like it!

I just can't get over how f**king ugly it is! Genuinely gutted it looks bloody stupid!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364454723.135030.jpg

Here's a teaser re the gearbox and torque delivery, if you want the whole lot, get the mag lol.

Evo are always big RS fans and I think they give it a fair and justified review, however there is undoubtedly something lacking with the car. They summarise by saying that the last 10% is missing. Lack of connection and total driver involvement like the previous model.

Suzuki Jimny
After seeing the Chris Harris video, it reminded me how dull the 197 was on launch:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/renault/renault-clio-01-03-06.asp

Which eventually ended up with the R27 which was much better looking. Maybe the same will happen with the new car :)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Was behind a flame one yesterday and although not RS it looked very well from rear with almost diffuser like rear bumper and inserts where you could see where the exhausts will be in RS.

much more impressed than with the previous yellow base spec one with the god awful wolf race look wheels.

it is going to be a seriously good all rounder IMOIMO

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
My favorite color too, in French it is called "Blanc Glacier" and the better, it is the only color that is not optional and is free therefore ^^

The same "Blanc Glacier" remaped at 243hp and 331nm of my previous message in a bigger pic <3

883662_589962291014029_1466650428_o.jpg

How can people say this is horrible? :S

The 5 doors is a great idea, saves getting out every time you want somebody to get in

what a cracking shape it has to it as well!!

Overall fantastic car, just think people cant hack change ie 5 doors & small engined but turbo

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Because in some peoples opinion it is?

I think mechanically it will be a great car, just what Renault needs, and the 5 door will open up the potential market aswell.

However, I do not like how it looks, not a single panel or angle I like it from in pictures.

I like the rear end now, but I can't get over the 5 door only and that horrid diamond on the front. The rear is Megane esque IMO

Eta - can someone handy with photoshop remove whatever is on the bottom of the sill and make it three door by extending the front one by about 6-8 inches (the white car above) and then tell me it doesn't look better!

Last edited:
Someone just said in the Chris Harris thread that £20k is too expensive because you can buy used cars for less. Lol.

Obviously. Why buy a 1m when you can have a mint e46 m3 for under 10k these days duh?!

Think about all the used cars you could buy if no one bought new ones!! .... Oh wait.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed Matthew. That picture shows it best angle probably.

Show it from the front and the opinion changes imo.

Bumper is nowhere near deep enough. Maybe they wanted it more reserved? The wings can only be about cost saving.