ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio, Lows, and Borbet A's Arrived!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: First Car, 1.2 16v Dynamique ( pic heavy )

The front bump strips come off really easy.

Take off your front plate, then the trick is to pull the middle one out first. I slotted a screwdriver behind at each end and then just pulled and out it come. The two side ones came out even easier after that.

Its quite hard work if you want the front ones smooth, but i just bought some filler primer from halfords, same price as the normal gray primer. 3 coats of that and it had covered all the grain, then i just sprayed away.

Car looks good though mate.

Sam!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

this car would look SAVAGE on Borbets.. do it do it do it!

Bora.

The front bump strips come off really easy.

Take off your front plate, then the trick is to pull the middle one out first. I slotted a screwdriver behind at each end and then just pulled and out it come. The two side ones came out even easier after that.

Its quite hard work if you want the front ones smooth, but i just bought some filler primer from halfords, same price as the normal gray primer. 3 coats of that and it had covered all the grain, then i just sprayed away.

Car looks good though mate.

Sam!

Ideally i want it smoothed in the end, but i think until then it will be sprayed :p thanks for the guide sam :D

Bora.

Pee'd Off this morning!!, woke up with a chap at the door to find my neighbour holding my wing mirror cover, and then to go down and find the only thing keeping the rest attached was the wiring! pikey c*nts, there was several others in the street kicked off aswell during the night, so looks like im on the look out for a new passenger wing mirror.

Bora.

Wing mirror replaced ages ago now,

Coilovers bought and i am waiting delivery now, and i the market for alloys aswell, good chance i will be buying bronze Rota Grid Vs, 8j all round with stretch tyres. Currently waiting on the guy working out the postage fees and then i shall buy them depending on the price, got around £650-£700 to spend on them.

Will update with pictures when coilovers arrive and when on the car also when alloys are purchased and on.

picture of alloys:
DSCF4592.gif

Last edited:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Its going to look brilliant with those wheels on mate.

You should definatly get some more pictures up asap.

Sam!

Bora.

Havent bought them yet, gonna keep saving, get my car serviced, mot'd, mechanically sound for the time being, then buy the rotas. I could buy a set just now from america... although does anyone know if i will face import tax etc when shipping from america?

What size tyres on the rotas? And yea i think you would have to pay tax and expensive shipping you can get them here.

Bora.

the ones above are 15" 8j et0 so would need arch work, but think i may go with 15" 7j ET0 so minimise the amount of arch work.

Bora.

Gonna be a few months now until i have the wheels, took the car for a Pre-MOT and service, got hit with a bill of £520, need to get all belts etc done, c.v joints, gaitors, gearbox mounts, and alot of other things, service and brakes done today, the rest should be done tomorrow and coilovers will be fitted on saturday if they are here in time.

Bora.

So list of parts and prices i have been told/ quoted it needs for an mot:

2x Track Rod Ends £30
exhaust mount £10
gearbox mount £10
2x Driveshafts £50
gearbox oil £14
Coolant £10

Water pump £48
Timing belt £28
Total: £200
Labour:£200

can anyone confirm if these prices are good or not before spending the money on having it repaired?

Bora.

Coilovers Just arrived, TA Technix heard a few other cars with them but never clios, anyone else running them?

Bora.

Cost 350euro (£300.94) on their site, got hem off ebay for £189 delivered.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Re: Clio 1.2 With Lows

arrgghhhh the number plate surrounds, they burn my eyes lol

looks like a good first car dude, needs sportlines ;)

Bora.

Wheels will be bought december and on for show season :p so a bit of a wait still ...

Option 1, im still thinking about smoothing the boot, it would open with a door popper only one designed for a boot, there would be a button built into the dash for opening the boot.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1

Of course that's just my opinion, but I do like it with those wheels on it.

Having said that it currently is in need of wheels desperately lol.

Bora.

Of course that's just my opinion, but I do like it with those wheels on it.

Having said that it currently is in need of wheels desperately lol.

your opinion is also my opinion ;)

this i know, but gotta wait a few months to save up for them! student bursary FTW!.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1

I miss mine. First year without it </3. Although working full time now so I get a 'bursary' amount each month ;).

Good luck mate, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Bora.

Picture Update from the scotland meet today :p

328082_1819847596261_1842308470_1212075_88171870_o.jpg

313071_1819881837117_1842308470_1212101_773238878_n.jpg

300335_1819885397206_1842308470_1212104_788419191_n.jpg

(more will come later when stu uploads his pictures)

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS

That cant be Scotland! Its not raining / snowing! Liking the pics :)

Vectra

can you get some front / rear / side view pictures of the lows would be a good help thanks

MK3 GTI golf 16v

looks good though mate, last picture shows how much you need spacers though

Bora.

Ph1 on white 2118s is Clio_Stu's clio should be a thread on here about it, Thanks clancy, just gonna keep her that way till after winter, then will have 8j to put on the reaqrs and front.

lol may not have been raining but the wind was frozen coming off the sea!

@HeadK7 i will pm you some pictures, they arent the best of quality and dont want to spam my threead with them.