ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio, Lows, and Borbet A's Arrived!

Bora.
Re: Clio 1.2 With Lows

Gonna take some work to fit them, arch rolling, camber, stretch tyres, maybe need to flare the arches but hope not! also the roof, spoiler, wing mirrors and the rear bumper will be going a different colour hopefully before xmas :p

MK3 GTI golf 16v

decent stretch and i dont think youll be too bad, what tyres are you putting on? 225s on stretch or bigger ? 225s would probably sit perfect without the need for flaring arches or anything, anything bigger would probably need it

ah cool what colours you going for ? i kind of like the style of having rear+skirts+front bumper i different colour. think jon on here one of the admins track cars is like that

Bora.

8j rims im putting 185/45/r15s on them :p with around 2-3 degree camber and arch's rolled should hopefully be good enough, im going for anthracite, as the wheels im going for will have anthracite centres :p not getting the bronze Grid V's in the previous pages as someone already has them on a clio now :(

MK3 GTI golf 16v

are 8j 15s different width to 8j 17s? 185s would be fine without needing to mess around at all i would of thought ?

camber looks awsome but i would be cautious unless you have alot of spare cash lol. i ran with like -3.5 degrees or something stupid and in about 3/4 weeks id eaten a set of tyres

Bora.

the standard camber is around 1.6 degress or something like that iirc so only gonna add another degree or so :p, not too sure about alloys sizes tbh, i was on stretchtyres.com looking at the images of tyre sizes on 8j rims and they seemed to be a nice stretch with the 185's and the alloys are et0 so thats also why i will need to rol my arches

MK3 GTI golf 16v

ah, then yes you will haha will look good though

just check the tyres once a week and if there obviously wearing fast on the inside then get rid of some camber. i got new alloys and tyres, then coilovers, fitted them with loads of camber and less than a month later had to fork out for new tyres. was not impressed haha

Bora.

lol et0 is the killer part, hope so :p polished dish <3 nomnom

i will do :p dont want to be going through tyres too fast, 2 sets a year will do me lol summers and winters :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Dude where are the new wheels going on o and it's looking sweet!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Well it still looks sweet bet you can't wait to get those wheels in it!! What colour are you going for now mate???

Bora.

Nope the months up until december are dragging in!, Going For Gunmetal Centres with a Polished dish :D getting the roof spoiler wing mirrors rear bumper insert done anthracite so hopefully it will be a good enough match :) getting the anthracite done as a deal, my company does his company a favour so his company is doing me a favour in return :D

Bora.

so cars is booked in for next week to have the roof mirrors and rear bumper insert to get a colour change (i have scratches on my roof and one mirror hence why the colour change and also my colour will be too hard to match) at the moment i am going to be going anthracite, anyone know what other colours would work on my car? i may change my mind if i like your idea ;)

Bora.

Was looking at rota Grid V's, but now i have spotted a set of wheels never done on a clio :p so will be keeping them quiet.

BlackGold 182

when will you be getting these wheels? lol mine are ordered next wednesday, mine have been done before on a clio once.. lol

Bora.

will be next month at some point or early december my only problem is i dont know if i should run 4x100 to 5x120 adaptors, they dont look safe! failing that it will be rota grid V's or Borbet A's unless i see something in the mean time lol

Bora.

Bronze rota grid Vs :p only ever been done on one other clio and that happened to be a black 182 ;) thats why i aint getting them anymore! too common for me :p knowing my luck i will end up with borbets haha

Bora.

So Alloys provisionally bought!! about time :D, waiting on the guy fixing up a bit or kerbing on one of them and packaging them up then the money will be sent over, they aint rotas, and have been done before on a clio, so nothing special :).

Bora.
Re: Clio, Lows, and Alloys ordered

Will need to polish 2 of the dish's up on them, 2 have been done already and also will need 2 new tyres, due to camber by the previous owner wearing them down.

Bora.

201020111685edit.gif

quick picture of the alloys, some will know what they are, will get more pictures when i have them and when i trial fit them.

Bora.

My own fault, was heading home, took a corner and the back end slid out into a 2ft high kerb, caused the damage to the bumper, no airbags etc went off so aint too bad i guess, just a new bumper i need.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

Ouch, could of been worse I suppose. New bumper and fog by the looks of things.

Bora.

Ideally i want a new bumper and have it smoothed, so gonna price it up and think it over, may just use cable ties at the moment to get me through winter.

clio 1.2 dynamique

unlucky :O same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago when we had that really heavy rain. i had a head on collision with another car, causing me to get a new headlight and front wing :(