ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio, Lows, and Borbet A's Arrived!

Bora.
hello, Passed my test just under a month ago now and had my car for roughly the same time, through time i plan to go down the euro road but atm theres nothing euro about it. Done small changes so far due to a tight budget

Colour code bumpstrips ( spoiler and door handle next)
Silvervisions
flat blades
De-wiper
and a few other small thing

when i bought the car it came with a 172 rear bumper and a stupid splitter on the bottom of it so had to take that off as it was gash looking, it also has a shark fin ariel which will be removed as i dont like it :)

pictures when i bought it and how it is now

before:

media4.gif

media3.gif

media2.gif

media1.gif

Currently:

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

Also the silly chrome plate surrounds will be removed when i buy metal pressed plate when i next get paid :)

comments and criticism welcome

Allan

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Re: First Car, 1.2 16v Dynamique ( pic heavy )

looks pretty nice that!

colour code the spoiler and front bumper makes a huge difference! do that to the aerial too? might look better then

id say apart from the above just lower it and its win!

Bora.

yeahh think colour coding the door handle, rear spoiler and maybe the front bump strip will happen over the next coming month or so hopefully :D, the person before me has took the original ariel out completely and it is messing with my radio signal, so just gonna take it off, get a new ariel from renault spare in shotts and put a shorter ariel on :)

think lowering will probs not happen for atleast another 6 months, will save for coilies, but the insurance is already dear due to me being a new driver, although its the cheapest quote i found and seems to be cheaper than a few on the forum from what i have read

MK3 GTI golf 16v

yeah colour code the last few bits and slam it on some coilies and done outside ;) paintwork looks like its in good nik compared to mine lol mines nackered, nice tidy car mate

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

looks good so far mate, how did you get the side strips off?

Bora.

the side strips on the door, you need to pull towards the rear of the car, and the ones on the rear 3/4 panel you need to pull towards the front of the car, can be pretty tough due to the build up of dirt over time, there is also a rubber bung on the door when u open it near the locking mechanism, there may be a screw in there u need to undo , or it may just be a clip, i took off the cap and used a screw driver wrapped in a cloth to help push the clip to the rear of the car, this helps the bumpstrip come off, hope u understand tht lol

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

the side strips on the door, you need to pull towards the rear of the car, and the ones on the rear 3/4 panel you need to pull towards the front of the car, can be pretty tough due to the build up of dirt over time, there is also a rubber bung on the door when u open it near the locking mechanism, there may be a screw in there u need to undo , or it may just be a clip, i took off the cap and used a screw driver wrapped in a cloth to help push the clip to the rear of the car, this helps the bumpstrip come off, hope u understand tht lol

cheers mate, lol it does. not going to be doing mine for a while though..

Bora.

nobother :), i done mine around a week ago now, and havent cleaned the car since, and i took the last pictures today and it still looks clean haha, i need to polish it up so the bumpstrips are identical to the paint on the car, all in including, plastic primer, grey primer, the spray paint made up for me, and laquer it cost £30 :D so was pleased with the outcome for the price

I think some 172 alloys would finish it off with what you have planned, looks tidy mate.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

nobother :), i done mine around a week ago now, and havent cleaned the car since, and i took the last pictures today and it still looks clean haha, i need to polish it up so the bumpstrips are identical to the paint on the car, all in including, plastic primer, grey primer, the spray paint made up for me, and laquer it cost £30 :D so was pleased with the outcome for the price

thats good mate, I refurbished my alloys the other week as well and it set me back £45 for the lot

Bora.

thats a good price :D, my alloys have been kerbed :( got them tht way though, so will have to either save up for 172's like Kane said or get a refurb, then wait a year till insurance is less and get euro style alloys with a nice stretch on them

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

thats a good price :D, my alloys have been kerbed :( got them tht way though, so will have to either save up for 172's like Kane said or get a refurb, then wait a year till insurance is less and get euro style alloys with a nice stretch on them

sounds like a good plan mate :D

Bora.

thanks :) im happy about the positive responses so far :D, i dont know if i should spend £30 or pressed plate from dubmeister, or get cheaper plate and buy more colour coding equipment to finish off the car, anyone decide for me?

MK3 GTI golf 16v

dont bother with plates, not yet anyway. get the colour coding done

Bora.

thanks clancy :), anyone have the knowloedge and care to share with me how i can remove the front bump strip and also the door handles?

MK3 GTI golf 16v

the front bump strips i believe you have to take the whole bumoper off and the pop out from behind iirrc lol. and the door handle you take the door card off on the inside and they are held in from behind i think mate

Bora.

thanks once again :D, hopefully it shoudl be done within the next fortnight if all goes to plan :D then its just a matter of saving up for coilies and alloys :)

Last edited:
  MK3 GTI golf 16v

coilies first :D i just got a set of AP ones second hand for £200 ;)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v

You still thinking about euro look? If so then instead of just spraying your front bump strips get the bumper smoothed and sprayed?

In long run you will probs want to remove the side strips and bullets and smooth doors too ;)

Good work so far keep it up!

Rokkor coilies are best idea if your on budget and would look better to get it slammed now rarther than more CC.

As a few wise men have said 'Slam it, and the rest will follow' ;)

Looking forward to updates

Bora.

i cant do coilies atm though due to insurance, i will rather declaire them than run the risk of being in an incident. so they will come later on, and as for smoothing the bumpers, money is tight tbh, i dont work and live off a student bursery which i have to pay my insurance and general maintenance from, so colour coding makes the car look 100x bitter for the time being :D i think around christmas time the car will be bought presents ie coilies and some smoothing :D so just need to bide my time ;)

MK3 GTI golf 16v

i cant do coilies atm though due to insurance, i will rather declaire them than run the risk of being in an incident. so they will come later on
my insurance only went up £50 for coilies, how much they tell you it would be ? deffinatly declare it mate

Bora.

i have never checked tbh, currently with the rear bumper my insurance is roughly £2k thats with my mother on my policy aswell :), will have to check at somepoint though :D

Bora.

ok, well today i removed the chrome plate surrounds :), i also got silver visions for the rear lights, and will be buying more paint for the rest of the colour coding, and also have seen a set of speedlines from a peugeot that i may buy adaptors for :D, although i think coilies should come before i buy wheels

Bora.

thanks :), nahh gonna get an original ariel and replace the fin, i really detest it, only thing stopping me taking it off atm is because the onld owner fully removed the ariel and underneath the fin is a big hole where the ariel should have been, and that is causing me to lose signal for the radio, i like the colour of your old car :D and the deleted bump strips :D

Bora.

So not much has happened lately due to college and not having a job, silvervisions fitted, cliosports sticker put on and bought new plates, also done a ps of how i want it to look hopefully this time next year ..

8cjgqch6.gif

Was going to go euro/ cleaned but, it is a waste of money, where as alloys and coilovers can be removed and sold on :)
comments or criticism welcome

Bora.

Aint a big update, bought carbon fibre wrap (cant afford real carbon atm) and done my interior trim, also done front and rear diamonds but havent took and pictures of diamonds yet. Apart from that car still stands the way it was when last updated :)

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

Fabia VRS

A. do that photoshop- it looks awesome

B. Is that a fin on top of your car?

Bora.

thanks :D hopefully around xmas time it will be stanced with borbet As

yeahh its a fin, detest it, was there when u purchased the car, the base unit from the ariel aint under it, its a hole where the ariel should be, so need to buy a new base unit

Fabia VRS

Get it sorted ;)

172 rear bumper really sets that off

Bora.

So todays efforts:

Removed "Shark Fin" and replaced it with a standard ariel base, had to remove interior trim and headlinin to do this

flknyjjw.gif

ariel.gif

aqm9md5j.gif

Also the car is booked in at a local body shop for wednesday to have the rear spoiler colour coded, i supplied the paint at £13 for 25ml and the body shop only want £10 to fully prep, primer, paint and lacquer it, and stick it in their oven to finish it off :D so more pictures as of wednesday.

Bora.

recieved a call today from the bodyshop, they had time to fit me in earlier for my rear spoiler so its now sittin in primer after it was flat sanded paint on tomorrow and pick it up around 3-4.

Bora.

Spoiler is now on, will upload pics tomorrow, and car will be booked into the bodyshop for the end of next month, rear boot will be fully smoothed except plate recess.

Bora.

ok so now im im in a dilemma, i dont know if i should go ahead and have my boot smoothed or buy non sport side skirts and keep the rest of the money towards coilover and paying to have my skirts sprayed, i dont want to make a rep as its a 1.2 and underpowered, so people thoughts would be helpful, smoothed boot or smoothed clio badge non rs skirts and lows (lows around january for new show season)?.

option 1:
08x9ico0-1.gif

option 2:
cliiioooo.jpg

Mk1 Focus RS

Option 2, it's not a replica your just doing as it look 10x better than standard

Are those the Peugeot wheels you want?

Bora.

Option 2, it's not a replica your just doing as it look 10x better than standard

Are those the Peugeot wheels you want?

not getting the peugeot wheels went off that idea, i either want compomotive TH wheels as shown or borbet As which i poster earlier but since have moved the picture so here it is:
8cjgqch6-1.jpg