ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 caliper help

1.2 Clio Sport
Hi, I own a 2000 clip sport 1.2 RN... There has been a knocking noise from the front passenger side for a while, so I decided to whip off the wheel and have a look. If I grab the caliper with my hand I can wiggle it around and recreate a similar noise. I'm guessing this isn't normal, so do I need to replace the caliper, the carrier or the caliper slider bolts (unsure of correct name) or all of the above?
Thanks

1.2 Clio Sport
I didn't notice anything missing, there is no movement in the pads, it's the entire caliper itself, the whole thing moves. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

The main part shouldnt wobble, the carrier could if sliders are worn enough
Calipers aint cracked near bolts

1.2 Clio Sport
The carrier doesn't move at all. Didn't notice any cracks, although I didn't look for them. Bolts are solid tho, so could it be the inside of the caliper that runs on the carrier is worn?

Main body of caliper moving for me all points to loose bolts, thread in hub knackered or caliper broke.
They would be what id check first.

dan's cast offs.
and for the proper answer...carrier is worn or at best sliders are bone dry. hard to tell how much it's moving in the clip sorry.

1.2 Clio Sport
That's what I was thinking, there's not alot of movement 1-2mm, might try greasing the sliders tomorrow and see if that helps. Can you replace the sliders on their own or are they fixed to the carrier?
Thanks for your help