ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk3 200 whining noise on cold start (with video)

Renault clio rs 200
So this morning the car started making whining noise. Goes when it warms up but comes back after a few hours when it's cooled down.
Caught a little video of it, personally I'm thinking water pump (worst case) but it's not leaking yet or alternator.
What's your thinking?

Clio 172
So this morning the car started making whining noise. Goes when it warms up but comes back after a few hours when it's cooled down.
Caught a little video of it, personally I'm thinking water pump (worst case) but it's not leaking yet or alternator.
What's your thinking?

Not sure what it is, probably waterpump or alternator, but mine likes to do this every winter and is doing it this winter for 20 seconds after start up..I just don't worry about it until the belt start squealing or it does it all the time.

Renault clio rs 200
Dropped it at the dealers this morning, but in typical French style it was silent when I first started it.
I'm already worried about letting someone loose with it so I informed the young lady it was trackered.
She asked if I had a dash cam as it would need to be disabled before it went into the garage!!!
Now I've been in the trade many years and I really don't like that idea as I know what these lads can get up to.
Fair enough you have to protect the customers from the language and abuse that happens in the garage environment on a daily basis but surely as a customer they can't stop me from using a dash cam in my own car.

Either way I don't have a dash cam I was just surprised at the request.

Clio 172
Dropped it at the dealers this morning, but in typical French style it was silent when I first started it.
I'm already worried about letting someone loose with it so I informed the young lady it was trackered.
She asked if I had a dash cam as it would need to be disabled before it went into the garage!!!
Now I've been in the trade many years and I really don't like that idea as I know what these lads can get up to.
Fair enough you have to protect the customers from the language and abuse that happens in the garage environment on a daily basis but surely as a customer they can't stop me from using a dash cam in my own car.

Either way I don't have a dash cam I was just surprised at the request.
I have never been in the trade but my old man has been a fleet engineer for 30 years and I wont even let him near mine without supervision! I think some techniques just become normalised when you're used to working on something that isn't yours..as long as the end result is a machine that appears to work!