ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk3 2010 - Ignition Switched Power to Stereo

Clio Mk3 iMusic
I'm trying to install an aftermarket head unit into my Clio Mk3.

I'm using this wiring diagram which matches the factory fitted stereo (I have a single large C connector, not the smaller yellow one that just covers the C1 pins):
ISO-connector.jpg

A​
Power connector​
1​
Speed Dependent Volume Control​
2​
n/c​
3​
Phone mute (ground to activate)​
4​
+12V (constant)​
5​
+ Aerial (12V when radio on)​
6​
+ Lights (12V when lights on)​
7​
+ACC (12V when ACC on)​
8​
GND​
B​
Speaker connector​
1​
+ Rear Right​
2​
- Rear Right​
3​
+ Front Right​
4​
- Front Right​
5​
+ Front Left​
6​
- Front Left​
7​
+Rear Left​
8​
- Rear Left​
C1​
CCU(*) connector​
1​
DTA​
2​
CLK​
3​
MIRQ​
4​
n/c​
5​
Radio ON​
6​
GND​
C2
(**)​
AUX connector (**)​
7​
n/c​
8​
n/c​
9​
n/c​
10​
Audio Left​
11​
Audio Right​
12​
Audio GND​
C3
CD Changer connector
13​
Tx (from HU to CDC or PC)​
14​
Rx (from PC or CDC to HU)​
15​
GND​
16​
12V (constant)​
17​
HU ON (12V when HU is ON)​
18​
SPDIF IN (***)​
19​
SPDIF GND (***)​
20​
(SPDIF GND) (***)​
Source: https://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/RENAULT-Car-Radio-Wiring-Connector.htm

I'm not precious about the steering controls/display panel for now, so it should be a simple case of just connecting A and B to the included adapter, right? Except that A only has two wires in it - pins 8 and 4 (ground and 12v constant).

Haynes wiring diagram is telling me that there should be a yellow pin A7 for ignition switched power, as is pretty much every source I've found on wiring in an aftermarket stereo, including other threads I've seen on on here. The adapter that came with the stereo relies on this being the case, but helpfully includes bullet connectors on pins 4 and 7 so I can either swap them or connect both to pin 4 if necessary - I've done this and the new stereo works, except I've got to remember to turn it off or risk a dead battery, so not ideal.

I was fully convinced that the pin had been pulled out through previous manhandling, and had my weekend put aside for pulling the dashboard apart to go looking for it...but then I looked at the old stereo - and it only has two pins on the A connector! Which means the switched ignition must be somewhere on the C connector, right?

The only one I can see it being is C5 (listed as Radio ON) in the diagram. Is this the one I need to connect to pin A7? Or do I need to run a whole separate ignition switched cable from scratch?

Renault Clio Mk3 Ph2
Cheers mate, thank you for the nice wiring documentation, really helpful.

I recently started working on my Clio Mk3 Phase 2 with the TomTom satnav to upgrade and mod the satnav to a HUD.
I figured out that on my car the satnav must be connected in order for the CAN signals to be sent to the wiring harness of the radio.

After plugging the satnav and the controls box that came with the satnav all the signals worked excluding the parking break, which is what I am trying to figure out now.

Hope this helped

2012 clio 1.2 tce
@linoliveira
I'd like to do the same do you have any wiring documentation? What HUD are you using?
@TheDisapprovingBrit
The reason acc on isn't used is because the uch controls when the radio is on (in other words if you lock the car or leave the radio on it times it out so no flat battery. If you have a multimeter check whether C1 pin 5 goes to 12V when you switch on the ign,and then lock the car and let it go to sleep see if the 12v disappears tbh I'm not sure as never checked but if so consider it to be the acc switched power.

Renault Clio Mk3 Ph2
I will post my entire project with pictures and instructions once I find some spare time.
As for wiring documentation I am following Renault official Visu which can be found by searching in google: RENAULT VISU DIAGRAM MHH AUTO
For my car it is "Clio III X85_NT8483_Visu v5.0_2009.05.18"

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
On some of them the ignition live is can so not something that you are easily able to use.

Find an ignition live circuit in the fuse box and pop one of these in and run the power up to the stereo. No more than a 5 minute job.

Renault Clio Mk3
Even this topic is a bit old, i am having a similar problem, but with the stock stereo unit.
I tried the Stevec_1879 solution with that external mini fuse wire, to run it from the fuse box, but stereo doesn't switch on.
Also my A4 connector wire (red colour) is not 12v constant, but something like 0.3v but without that wire (A4) stereo is not turning on, even with 12v wiring straight from battery. The only way to switch it on is by connecting the A7 and the A4 wires in the A4 socket. But then every time i switch off the ignition, clock is reseting. Can't find a solution almost a week now.

Clio 182
Even this topic is a bit old, i am having a similar problem, but with the stock stereo unit.
I tried the Stevec_1879 solution with that external mini fuse wire, to run it from the fuse box, but stereo doesn't switch on.
Also my A4 connector wire (red colour) is not 12v constant, but something like 0.3v but without that wire (A4) stereo is not turning on, even with 12v wiring straight from battery. The only way to switch it on is by connecting the A7 and the A4 wires in the A4 socket. But then every time i switch off the ignition, clock is reseting. Can't find a solution almost a week now.

Is your HU aftermarket or factory?

The switched live is required for installing aftermarket, factory HU does not need to be reconfigured- if factory HU chances are a fault with the unit.

If aftermarket the switch the red/yellow connectors on aftermarket loom to match live, then connect switched live using piggy back fuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk