ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio re-spray progress

Renault Clio
Hi folks, well it's coming along quite nicely I've done the bonnet and the drivers side over the weekend so here are a few more pics....
2013-03-04124650_zps5df63b93.jpg

2013-03-04144302_zps0a360516.jpg
[/IMG]

e92 330i
Ah so he is, I remember the other thread. Why 2 threads? Confusing me! Your coming along fast.

Renault Clio
Sorry about the new thread still new to all this, as for the other questions. Yes I'm using rattle cans I had a batch of about 13 made up along with lacquer, whet the whole car is done I'll wait about 3 weeks then start to flat back a bit.

Renault Clio
Re: Clio re-spray progress My Project so far.

Kind of a blast from the past, hope you enjoy it. My first video project, be kind rewind:D

[video]http://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/user/Linspire185uk/media/HowIdidit_0002_zpseba8d4e0.mp4.html[/video]

Last edited:
  S3 Sportback, Ninja
Why would anyone rattle can a car? I would rather my paint be absolutely fucked than drive around in something that has been rattle canned.

Renault Clio
There might be orange peel now but I will be buffing the car with an industrial buffer this will get rid of the orange peel effect and bring a good shine and smoothness to the body but I have to wait about a 1-2 weeks for the paint to cure and harden.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Somebody on detailing world painted there car with a paint brush, looked mint once he had flatend it all back and machined it up.

RB Clio 182
Its all experience, when he flattens it then polishes it up, it might look half decent if he doesnt rush and hasnt got paint all over any plastics, BACK TYRES etc.

Its not as though its a veyron he is rattle canning lol.

Probably would have been cheaper to bring the paint back up with a machine polish mind.

Mec 350 slk manual
Its all experience, when he flattens it then polishes it up, it might look half decent if he doesnt rush and hasnt got paint all over any plastics, BACK TYRES etc.

Its not as though its a veyron he is rattle canning lol.

Probably would have been cheaper to bring the paint back up with a machine polish mind.
I was thinking more like a floor buffer to bring the paint back up . But he done a good job with the can ,

Renault Clio
LOL funny you should say that because that's what I'm going to use next week.;) The reason I've used cans is because when I bought the Clio it was all in primer and since I'm on a budget using cans was my only option, I would have preferred to have had a proper respray done but alas I can't afford it.

Why would anyone rattle can a car? I would rather my paint be absolutely fucked than drive around in something that has been rattle canned.

Not everyone has money to throw around though.

And when its flatted and buffed, the finish will most probably be the same - prep dependant of course.

Renault Clio
:D Hi folks, right I've started mopping the paint work and its looking very good, I don't want to spoil it by putting on a pic as yet, you'll all have to wait till it's finished which by the weekend all being well so watch this space folks.........:p