ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Clio', 'Renault' and 'Sport' Badge removal and spray help?

2001 Clio 1.2
I just sprayed my Renault Diamond on the front of my Mk2 Ph1 1.2 and am now looking at removing the back badges and then spraying them also, or removing possibly the 'Renault' badge completely and spraying the other two. But my main question is how are the badges stuck onto the car, and how to remove them and put them back on after, as I don't think they clip into place like the front badge does? anyone have any experience on the idea? would be much appreciated, thanks. :approve:

LY R26 230 F1 Team
You have a Renault sport badge on your 1.2?

Just heat them up with heat gun/your mums hairdryer and peel off, use ITR after to clean up the area.

2001 Clio 1.2
Yeah i do, apparently its not very common, I remember posting pics of my Clio when i first got it and some people were debating if the sport badge was just stuck on by a previous owner, but no Renault did make some 1.2's with the sport badge on it.

Back on topic cheers, have heard of this technique before, then using tooth floss to pry the badge off carefully but thought i'd ask. What about sticking it back on, what should I use is there a good strong adhesive anyone would recommend?

use ITR after to clean up the area.

Quickly one more thing, what's ITR?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
my PH1 only the 'sport' badge was stuck on with tape, so use the floss on this.
the 'renault' & 'clio' badges both have pins through the boot lid,

take off the inner boot trim and you can push them back through and hey presto badges pop off

to stick back on, halfords sell bumper trim tape, black very strong double sided, thats holding mine on nicely

2001 Clio 1.2
i heard somewhere that some badges were held on via pins or screws, so that's why i thought i'd ask, but thanks might have to do this tomorrow :)