ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 197 Official Prices

dk

911 GTS Cab
ukaskew said:
A CD player is standard, those options are just for uprated head-units and speakers afaik. Look closely at the list and its only climate and zenons that have been deleted, none of that other stuff was standard on the FF 182 apart from the silly auto stuff. I think I might be right in saying that you get digital AC as standard, CC is cost option, so its not quite gone back to 172 Cup specification!

If anything I reckon they've listened to feedback regarding lights and wipers, absolutely no need for them and I'm glad to see them gone on the Renaultsport model. Completely useless bits of technology that were there for technologies sake.
what so 15w is an uprated headunit???

the 182 came with the cabasse head unit, the xenons, the heated mirrors (although not folding) and climate control, digital air con AFAIK is CC, aic con is not temperature related, just fan speed.

THe auto lights and wipers are fantastic, I love them and couldn't do without them now, they work perfectly for me so I don't see what the problem is there, its a top of the range feature and this is a top of the range clio, maybe they took all that stuff out to get the 0-60 down to make it look quicker than the 182 when the power to weight ratio is lower now so essentially its a cup model and i'm a full fat 182 owner as are most 182 owners and we like the options as standard.

DOn't get me started on the lack of leather as even an option, cloth doesn't do it for me in a 16k car without even the option.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Can I mention that a micra has a 6 cd autochanger dash mounted like the clio?

Hmmmm...I wonder why that is?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
CraigV6 said:
Also remember that the majority of these internet brokers are offering you the discount based on you being the second registered owner.

They are not all preregistered . Got a new 182 from motorpoint in Feb this year , i'm the first registered owner . Plus some of the internet sites i was looking at in Jan / Feb were selling 182's unregistered .

Granted they are usually all imports , big wow , same cars with the same spec from the same factory .

Is the 197 gonna be available for our European counterparts ? I'm sure i read somewhere it was only gonna be available for the UK market , correct me if i'm wrong .

Is everybody forgetting one of the 197's main competitors ? I think the new Pug 207gti will certainly upset the apple cart when its launched .

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/64697/new_lion_gti_roars_in.html

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Thats very expensive... i pay less in switzerland with almost all extras... :quiet:

here's the switzerland pricelist if you're interested....
(and one £ is ~2.2 SFr., so you can calculate it)

does anyone know the exact releasedate? my dealer said it comes in the end of june or begin of july...
:cool:

Mark 1 Clio V6
Yes I agree imports are pretty much the same (in fact in the 197's case you might get better spec in an import as it looks like you are getting next to feck all in the UK model), but an Import will never be worth as much as a UK car in the UK.

Import's are a bit of a taboo subject. No-one can really say why they aren't valued as highly they just aren't!!!

Again I think swings and roundabouts between buying new from the dealer and buying an import. Import will save you money at the outset, but won't get you as much when you come to move the car on.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ yeah you will . When i put my 172 in Autotrader in Feb i priced it in the middle of similiar 172's , similiar mileage , age etc .... and i got the going rate for a UK car even though it was an import .

At the very most " if " your car was gonna sell for less than a UK car you " might " loose say £500 , but if you've saved yourself a couple of grand initially its gotta be worth it in the long run .

Like the meg 225's you can pick up new for around the 15k mark at the moment , roughly 5k off Rens r.r.p . Theres no way you'll loose 5k on the second hand value when you come to sell it .

Imports for me all the way .

Lux'd Glacier White R26
£15995 + £3825 if you specify all of the options = £19820!!!!! That is a huge amount of money!!!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Pricing the Clio close to the ST's, Meggy 225, VXR's of this world can only mean bad things for the Clio, imo...

Tyson.

E90
same weight as my fat golf when all them extras are on, LOL Cheap options Xenons at 500, they were over a grand on the golf

Octavia VRS
16k is what I was expecting to be honest. Was speaking to a dealer recently and he says once the car has been around for a wee while (6 months I think he mentioned), there will be scope for a good deal.

182 + Cup
Agree with the weight comment earlier. It's already a bit of a blob so imagine adding leather, zenons etc. And surely that massive glass roof must weigh a bit??

What's left to cut off to make a Cup version???

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
After 12 months they will be discouted as all French cars are....I can get a Megan Cup brand new UK dealer supplied by cars for staff at 13600..

Also see no recaro race seat option more Renault PR bullshit..

Interesting comments. The UK specification cars are actually higher than the other countries as the reach adjustment to the steering column and hands free keycard will be standard here. The Recaro seats are not priced, and not mentioned in any of the Renault information. There will be a Recaro option but won't be available until the end of the year at the earliest. However, they're not as Top Gear described, don't know where they got the idea of fixed backs from.

Mark 1 Clio V6
So there you have it potential 197 buyers.

Wait until the end of the year for revised car; the Cup option more than likely (which might have Recaro's as standard).

CraigV6 said:
So there you have it potential 197 buyers.

Wait until the end of the year for revised car; the Cup option more than likely (which might have Recaro's as standard).

!!! It's only Recaro's at the end of the year. They're not available now as they're specific seats this time with matching upholstery (!) rather than the Sport Trendline's used upto now

Jeremy Townsend said:
!!! It's only Recaro's at the end of the year. They're not available now as they're specific seats this time with matching upholstery (!) rather than the Sport Trendline's used upto now
Or is there more but you can't tell us? ;)

Astra VXR 17/05/07
I love my 182 to bits. I have fallen in love with everything about this car. Its performance, handling, looks and standard equipment.

As i have only done just over 8000 miles in 2 years i`m not ready to change yet.

After looking at the spec and price of the 197 i can honestly say Renault have lost a customer.

I bought my 182 simply because at the time it was the best all round package bar none and the features mentioned in my opening sentence.

I don`t give a stuff about badges and i won`t when i change. I will again be looking for a car which offers great performance and an unbeatable list of standard equipment....

So that`s the 197 off my list then. Sad really, after loving my 182 so much.

The best thing though is that i still own a pristine 182 with low mileage that i can carry on enjoying with not even a hint of " I want that one " when i see this new 197 on the roads :)

Mondeo STTDCI
I agree with Funkyjahooners comments, I wont be lusting after the new Renaultsport Clio at all.

As for the import comments, the only reason they arent worth as much is because dealers stifle the prices. Its all a big fix.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
people seem to forget the list for the 182 was 15.5k and the new ones gonna be better made etc for 500 quid more. not that harder bargain i dont think. discounts will come about.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Everything takes time to grow on me. So I'll wait and see how I feel about this new RS car after a few months. But I'm not convinced by the look of it just now.

Cheers, Rob669

VaVa
My missus swapped from a Mk2 Clio to a Mk3 - It's a better car all round. I'm not at all surprised it's more expensive. The difference is it FEELS more expensive. YUou feel like you've actually bought a quality product. Whereas Renaults previous offerings left a little to be desired in that department, but were rediculously cheap.

I for one don't care how much it is. I can't wait to test drive one, and if I like it, I'll buy it.

I got my Clio thru Avanti Cars - saved 3k on the list price AND its a UK car, sourced thru Cambridge Renault, even put me in contact with the dealer. Good old North/Saaarff divide there. Should see the prices of their 225, scandalous!!!

ant

yep.
i wont be buying one but its nothing to do with the price.

its because its one ugly looking mo-fo!!

i mean come on, i even prefer the ctr to it :)

lagerlout1 said:
My missus swapped from a Mk2 Clio to a Mk3 - It's a better car all round. I'm not at all surprised it's more expensive. The difference is it FEELS more expensive. YUou feel like you've actually bought a quality product. Whereas Renaults previous offerings left a little to be desired in that department, but were rediculously cheap.

I for one don't care how much it is. I can't wait to test drive one, and if I like it, I'll buy it.

I agree, my wifes just just bought a Mk3 1.4 Dynamique and its does seem a nice car, well put together....better put together than my V6 255 :(

However I won't be changing my 255 for one, but would for a V6 version :)

Simon

price seems about right to me. Xenons arent to everyones taste, and normal aircon blows just as cool/hot as climate can.

cant wait to test one at Brands in August... :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
dave182 said:
ok, lets compare it to an ST1, £17,870 but and £16,345 for the clio, so £1500 buys me the next size car up (megane size), its faster, 2.5 litre turbo volvo engine which is an amazing engine, after 3 years, its worth more than a golf GTi

Had to laugh at this one, a Focus ST worth more than a Golf GTI of the same year in three years time??

I'll bet you £50 it's not :)

Clio 172 mk2
I don't know what Renault are doing with this car.

Megane is only marginally bigger and comes with leather for less....I think I'd have to have one of those instead.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I agree with general comments so far,denfinately wait 6-12 months to let the prices drop but will also be interesting to see who's the first one to get one on here...

All I can say is....... I remember when the Clio2 replaced the original Clio on a few of the early forums, people were saying how S**t the Clio2 looked etc.... I am holding judgement until I see one/drive one and the 16k price tag, we all know we can get discounts - just talk the talk when it comes down to doing business.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Evoo said:
Had to laugh at this one, a Focus ST worth more than a Golf GTI of the same year in three years time??

I'll bet you £50 it's not :)
well the jokes on you then mate as Glasses guide (which we all know is the bible on what our second hand car is going to be worth) have already stated that a 3yr old ST-2 will be worth more than a Golf GTi so just passing on the message

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
dave182 said:
well the jokes on you then mate as Glasses guide (which we all know is the bible on what our second hand car is going to be worth) have already stated that a 3yr old ST-2 will be worth more than a Golf GTi so just passing on the message

That maybe, but I'll believe it when I see it tbh. I use glasses for some stuff at work and firmly believe that something is worth what someone will pay for it, not what a book/computer program says.

What car for example show an ST-2 to be worth a measly £7,841 after three years with a gold being worth £13,034. I don't beleive that for a second either as I don't think the Focus will go that low so soon, but it will be worth less than a golf.

Guess we'll wait and see.

Last edited: