ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS250

Tailgate painted...nice job. Some food for thought around the VVT. Currently it cant be controlled via the Meg ecu so do I go through the bother of trying to get it to work, cause not sure how much the VVT is worth or how much it will add to the engines characteristics?

Especially as another grand would see another 30 bhp by fitting an hybrid.....

Trying to move away from standalone ecu but think it's the only way it's reasonably going to work. Seems like a lot of money for potentially little gain....

Last edited:
New 3' intake pipe. Trying to push towards 320 bhp when I eventually get round to mapping it now pumps fitted. Just need a small pipe for breather to intake to finish but that aside really happy with it. Got my old one if any one needs it for their Clio conversion. Open to offers and can have it powder-coated black for small cost, when I'm doing the silver intake pipe too.....

IMG_1335_zps582c336f.jpg

Last edited:
Really happy with performance since pipes been fitted. Still some work to do with TB, that seems to 'hover a bit' before revs drop down again????

Megane 225 f1
Really happy with performance since pipes been fitted. Still some work to do with TB, that seems to 'hover a bit' before revs drop down again????

Would that not be the clutch switch out of adjustment/nackered? I had same issue on mine adjusted it and was ok

AG Clio 200 Cup
I am wanting the front splitter and side skirts like you have for my 200 cup.
I haven't seen them on any 200's though. Does anyone know if they fit?
Cheers

No real update aside from time to revisit a couple of things that I've wanted to do for ages. Bumpers coming off to be painted due to stone chips and stuff. Whilst its off, the intercooler going to be painted. I'm going to look at the intercooler pipes and going to run them differently in order that I can refit the original fan rather than the current aftermarket one. Pipes going to be powder coated yellow. Air-con re-gassed. 330mm brakes getting refurbed and I'm going to look to change the front pads.
Next the exhaust, planning to have a larger link pipe and centre section.

Finally remap and should see 320bhp+....then sell it lol

Clio 182
This looks awesome. Not a lover of the LY inside tho. Finally a 197 with the engine it always should have had :)
If your using it as a daily what sort of mpg are you getting?

How much would you be looking for mate?

In box me if you like....

You had what NA?

What's it like when driving normally?

Had it NA before going down the Meg route. Was only seeing 19 mpg...(!)

This looks awesome. Not a lover of the LY inside tho. Finally a 197 with the engine it always should have had :)
If your using it as a daily what sort of mpg are you getting?

Its Marmite but looks better in the flesh. I use it daily, which means during the day too. I can get 27 mpg.....

Waters temps are fine considering how hots it been this week. I'm planning fitting larger rad anyway. Hopefully new exhaust link pipe and centre section will be fitted soon. Then more mapping.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely build mate. Not the easiest thing to sell but kinda a bargain considering the work put in!

cheers. They are selling if priced right. I'm in no hurry cause dont have a ready replacement project. I use mine daily and the conversion great for that. Always fancied a B5 RS4 but not many good ones left.....

Little update. Fitted a cusco oil catcher. Never thought much to it but enjoyed my Sunday after tinkering and fitting it. Took the car out and thought what.....!!!! The car was 35% quicker. Thought I was imagining it so took my son out who thought I'd fitted an hybrid. I'm not sure if it's the less fumes in the inlet or the fact that I've configured the pipes to the inlet better but I can now feel every single one of the 340 torques......result.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That's awesome mate! I'd still love to buy this. Are you thinking of some point in the next year?

That's awesome mate! I'd still love to buy this. Are you thinking of some point in the next year?

Yep, However, I've had loads of stuff and this cars been the hardest for me to make my mind up on. Not the easiest car replace. I never get board of driving it.....

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yep, However, I've had loads of stuff and this cars been the hardest for me to make my mind up on. Not the easiest car replace. I never get board of driving it.....

No worries mate. Just keep me in mind:)

No update for a while. Catch tank fitted. Litchy dilemma whether to stick or twist. Few plans if I stick. Going to fit Meg Rad, overhaul the brakes and pads. Maybe hybrid next year to push to 350+ ftlb (Currently around 340). If I twist then something a little bit more grown up. Time will tell I guess, not jumping yet. I think those who have sold their Meg Clio's have secretly regretted it.....

IMG_1600_zps861def34.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I think you'd definitely regret it! All that work you've put into it won't be appreciated. Awesome build

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Was genuinely thinking about this car yesterday! I'd still love to buy it but sadly that's put my budget too

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
If that came up for sale in 5/6 months time i would snap it up as i plan on getting rid of my RS250 then for something else

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Awesome. If I had the money I would have it right away. Such a beast and looks great

There's no hurry, please come back to me next year if still interested. I'm thinking about new project but not decided as yet. If anyone's in the Manchester area, more than happy to offer a test drive. Be careful though as you'll end up buying it, 340 torques is so additive.....