ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSi's? Any good? Much I need to look for?

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
Seen a Clio RSi locally, P plate but not seen any front end pics yet (tis on ebay) and it aint got the integrated rear brake light so dont think it has the more curvey headlights... but sounds a nice car, no rust or anything up with it apparently but even so...

Are they any good? I'd love a 16v but they're twice as much cash for a rust free no problem one... and for the sakes of a second or so quicker to 60 etc I aint too fussed about paying double! Do RSi's respond well to exhaust (at least catback system) and induction kit additions?

Anything specific I need to look for and check?

Many thanks :D

Easy way to more power on them is a 2.0 16V engine in it forget tunning few have the 110~120hp they should have had from new.

You can pick up good 1.8 16V though cheap even a William sif your lucky.

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
for under a grand? i'd be lucky :( been looking for a few weeks now and some nice ones but closer to 1500 and too far away, lots of nice tidy rsi's around 700 quid which'd suit me at the mo cuz im skint hehe

Car SOLD :-(
Great little cars and can really suprise bigger cars. Loved the time with mine. Parts can sometimes be a bit difficult and often gets confused with the 1.8 16v.

Being on a 'p' it should have the extra oil dials as well. They're good value for money.

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
thanks :) it does seem to have the older front end so must be an early P, not sure if that means it'd be lacking in the oil dials too I've read about also and that you mention... shame as I like the newer front ends but if its the right price...

hes gonna get back to me with lots more details but so far sounds a nice clean motor :D

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I like them but personally the valver is worth the extra cash. Far more road presence and credibility in a valver.

I'm surprised you're saying there's loads around, I thought they were quite rare.

I think it's a little bit like comparing a Saxo VTR to a VTS. The VTS is by far and away a faster and better car than the VTR just from 8 extra valves and DOHC.

Up to you but I'd save a wee bit more cash. If you pull up at the lights in an RSi vs a 16v you'll regret it.

for under a grand? i'd be lucky :( been looking for a few weeks now and some nice ones but closer to 1500 and too far away, lots of nice tidy rsi's around 700 quid which'd suit me at the mo cuz im skint hehe
If you want to save money for a Valver or WIlliams do that get a diesel etc to save some money till you can afford the car you want.

I've seen decinet enough valvers go for well under £1k I know of a few Williams gone for under £1.5k even.