ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport 182 high pitch noise

clio sport 182
Ive got a 182 sport and a new nice has recwbtly apeared. Ive only had for a week and its been great but today at about 70-80 a high pitch noice starts? It sounds a bit like aor rushing through something in a small gap. Only thing ive dine to car is level out the bonnet so rise it on the rubber twisty bits but I lowered it ahai to test the problem? Any awnsers would be great!

Mine does it too. Happens at about 105mph for me.

Check out one of my recent threads for a YouTube link of me at Bedford. It happens a few times per lap when my foot is down. See if its exactly the same as yours.

Clio 182
If you skip through my video to other laps, you can hear me pressing on the plastics and changing the noise too lol.

Ha! Need to watch this video all the way through...

​Seriously though, has anyone cured this?! Anytime I take someone out in the car: "Yeah it does that sometimes, don't worry."

Clio 182
See my previous post.... lol!

I'm probably being dim but is that really the cause of the noise? The noise changes when I press on the plastic mounting attached to the windscreen; your fix involves something near the pedals, is it really the same thing?? Genuinely want to know if I'm being thick! :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm probably being dim but is that really the cause of the noise? The noise changes when I press on the plastic mounting attached to the windscreen; your fix involves something near the pedals, is it really the same thing?? Genuinely want to know if I'm being thick! :)

Iirc mine changed tone when I pushed the screen as I thought it might have been the bits of trim on the outside top corners of the screen causing it (which I have heard of before). Only thing I can suggest is spend the 2 min to try it! The noise in the vid was just like the one mine had and it was because the recirculation thing was staying half way between open and shut. I crapped it when it happened thinking something bad was wrong with it...

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
Place a piece of tape over the hole on the underside of the drivers wing mirror.
I have done this earlier today and took it for a good blast - no noises!!! But I'm going to wait a few days before confirming that this has definitely fixed the problem.

Clio 182
Iirc mine changed tone when I pushed the screen as I thought it might have been the bits of trim on the outside top corners of the screen causing it (which I have heard of before). Only thing I can suggest is spend the 2 min to try it! The noise in the vid was just like the one mine had and it was because the recirculation thing was staying half way between open and shut. I crapped it when it happened thinking something bad was wrong with it...

Good man. I'll give it a go over the weekend!

Arctic 182
My old 182 used to do it. I think it's the external strip along the top of the front windscreen. I put a line of masking tape along the top once to cover the gap between the glass and the rubber/plastic strip and it stopped the noise altogether. Did my head in. I think it's just abit of a design fault. Just sell it and get a 197/200 ;)