ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport - Civic Type r - Leon Cupra R or Mini Cooper S?

Clio 172 mk2
Diesel Cupra's certainly are quick ;)

Cheap remap and they're even quicker and still a lot cheaper to run than any of the above.

Yep....and apparently very engaging to drive.

On my list when I come to buy a new car (hopefully next year)

Not a Clio anymore.....

Cheap remap and they're even quicker and still a lot cheaper to run than any of the above.

Plus with German build quality and less of a chav rep they are the best package these days IMO. Thats why a bought one, VAG powa!!

I test drove the Ibiza FR with a Revo remap so should have been pushing around 200bhp and, yes it was fast, yes it handled well, but when I got back in my punto I didnt feel dissapointed with the Punto. Now when I drove a 172 I hated getting back into my Punto.

BG 182
Leon - fastest (1.8 turbo 225bhp), most spacious. Worst interior bar the seats.
Clio - Fairly fast for what it is, nice looks. Made from melted down plastic cuttlery, pants driving position.
Type R - Prob best engine out of the 4, good driving position. But looks like something to stop your door from closing.
Cooper S - Quick (although prob the slowest of the 4 byu a few tenths of a second, which is nothing in every day driving), good build quality. Expensive and sounds stupid when booting it due to the supercharger.

Just my opinion

so none of the above then yh?lol:lolup:

Don't know about the Leon, but my diesel Ibiza is certainly more fun/engaging to drive than my CTR. Try and ignore the engine noise and it's a winner ;)