ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport replica - Red

Thanks to everyone showing interest. :D

I've been so busy building the car I've not much time to update.
The bumpers and sunroof have been build back up and the lights.

We are in the process of flagging the paint back ready for it to be mopped :)

aqyzuny8.jpg
amy3e4ev.jpg
gyvutygu.jpg

172 Rep
If you get turinis and go the full mile I reckon this could be one of the best reps on the forum

Thanks everyone, I am looking at a set of turinis :approve:

I have purchased a GPS tracker for Cherry (my cars name btw ;)), it's a pretty cool little device that can tell me exactly where my car is!
Definitely worth it's money.

IMG_0228_1.jpg

Size reference against a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini:
IMG_0229_1.jpg

A maze of wires, antenna and a Mic:
IMG_0230_1.jpg

Anybody have any experience with a device like this?
It seems to do its job, I have a GiffGaff sim in it.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks good mate, used to have a rep - loved it

any details on tracker? Does it do it through the phone? An idea of cost would be interesting too if you don't mind saying

Looks good mate, used to have a rep - loved it

any details on tracker? Does it do it through the phone? An idea of cost would be interesting too if you don't mind saying

Yeah I know pal, your rep was lovely!

The tracker works though the phone, I have a giff gaff sim in it.
When the tracker is rang off an authorized number it replies with its coordinates and a link to google earth, where your call will be. Pretty cool.

It also comes with a wiring diagram so you can cut the car out remotely, listen in on the occupants, be notified by text when a door is broken into...
It's on amazon for around £30, not bad for the money :approve:

Looks good mate, a lot of effort gone into this, any interior plans or lowering?

Cheers, Patrick is looking good too! ;)

As my clio is the expression model it has the grey door cards and bottom half of the dash, I want the sports interior.
I am unsure weather to strip the rear end and use bucket seats, as the rear is never used. What do you think?

I do plan to lower it also, if I drop the car 60mm will it still be usable?

172 Rep
Cheers!

As my clio is the expression model it has the grey door cards and bottom half of the dash, I want the sports interior.
I am unsure weather to strip the rear end and use bucket seats, as the rear is never used. What do you think?

eqanetav.jpg

Strip it ;-)

Titanium 182

Cheers man, yeah mine is the expression model as well, yeah by the sounds of it I have the same interior, but its like dark plastic door cards and that with dark grey pattern seats and that if that makes sense, I was looking into some bucket seats or to get some fiesta ST seats and custom rails and that but thats just an idea at the moment, if you want to strip the rear mate do it, would look ace,

yeah jackdanielsmom has dropped his 60mm and don't think he's had any problems with his.

Cheers man, yeah mine is the expression model as well, yeah by the sounds of it I have the same interior, but its like dark plastic door cards and that with dark grey pattern seats and that if that makes sense, I was looking into some bucket seats or to get some fiesta ST seats and custom rails and that but thats just an idea at the moment, if you want to strip the rear mate do it, would look ace,

yeah jackdanielsmom has dropped his 60mm and don't think he's had any problems with his.

My last clio had the same seats as yours.
My current ones are a little different.
Same shape though, with no support :banghead:

Titanium 182
My last clio had the same seats as yours.
My current ones are a little different.
Same shape though, with no support :banghead:

Just seen the thread about your old car, I completey fucked my last one as well, 1.2 life for a while, modded non sports look better than sports IMO.

Titanium 182
Wasn't a bad effort was it, only had it 10 days!
What happened mate?

not a bad effort at all, lost it on a wet corner and a grid that dipped in the road, after I hit a few things and rolled a couple of times I parked it upside down, had it three months after my mum had it 8 years, took a lot of convincing her to let me get a new car.

Titanium 182
I bet! :lolup:
Not a bad effort, any injury's or was you as lucky as me?

The car I crashed, I had that for 10 days. My mother had it for 6 years before me. :banghead:

I came out fine but getting a claim on me from my passenger, live and learn things i guess haha

Awful feeling being given a car for you to wreck it.

Haha.

60mm is verging coilover territory so expect a harsh ride. Even a smaller drop is nice I reckon your wheels will suit a smaller drop than 60mm say 40mm. I live off cobbles and coilivers are liveable, we're only young once.

Haha.

60mm is verging coilover territory so expect a harsh ride. Even a smaller drop is nice I reckon your wheels will suit a smaller drop than 60mm say 40mm. I live off cobbles and coilivers are liveable, we're only young once.

I've been looking at a set of springs that are 60 front and 40 back.
Will this make the cars nose face down or will it level out? I'm confused about that. Haha