ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport replica - Red

Just out of curiosity what did you do to take it apart and put it back together?

Gently heat it up... Then pull and pry like f*ck!

I still have the other one to do, I'll take some pictures if you like?

Edit: I then used clear silicone to re-seal it. Been two really wet nights since and not a drop inside.

Titanium 182
Gently heat it up... Then pull and pry like f*ck!

I still have the other one to do, I'll take some pictures if you like?

Edit: I then used clear silicone to re-seal it. Been two really wet nights since and not a drop inside.

yeahyeah man pm me with what to do and that, mine are the exact same at the moment

Update:

Got the xenon's fitted, bullets, shark fin style aerial and some fog tint.
The tint might not be to everyone's taste but I think it goes well with the wheels :)

​For the eagle eyed; I know it's not ;)

IMG_0379_1.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Get the skoda splitter. Like £12 and look the part. Easy to fit and more flexible if your car is lower!

Update #1:
I thought I'd show my current ICE install.

First of all I build a false floor using the carpet as a template. I wanted it in two parts to I could still have access to my spare wheel.
IMG_1719.jpg

All fitted up nice and snug to stop it moving about.
IMG_1718.jpg

I bought two of my uncles kicker subs. I decided to use the box they came in.
IMG_1720.jpg

I wanted it to look as O.E as a 10" sub could. In an attempt to achieve this I hid the amp under the sub.
IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

Update #2:
While I was at it I thought I would add a second boot light. As above I wanted it to look as O.E as possible, I used the space that Renault decided not to.

I drilled holes and cut a square away for the light to slot into.
IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

I drew the power for the additional light from the existing wiring loom by extending it.
IMG_1739.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED.

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Boot light is something I'd really like to do. Get some finished piccies of that up!

@GrahamS
, update time :)

Continuation of the previous update:

I powered the second boot light by extending the current loom.
Cut and connect a new wire. Decent speaker cable will do the job fine.

IMG_1742.jpg

Run the new wire to the other side as shown in the picture below (Boxed to the best of my ability :star:). Then just connect it up to your new light.
The poles don't really matter if you are using the standard halogen bulbs, if you are using LED bulbs you might have to switch the bulb around for it to work.
I ran a long line of duct tape along the wire to make sure it isn't tugged at.

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

Pretty bad that last picture I know :banghead:.

It's definitely an upgrade I'd recommend and is a very easy one to do. It makes life in a dark street, car park or garage a little easier.
Anyway, to finish off the update I lined the sub box and floor with black carpet.

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

Looking at them last pictures I could do with a new number plate light housing.

C+C's welcome!
Cory.

Knuckles, I put my non-sport splitter on and I think it looks pretty decent. I'll get some pictures :).
The black bumper inserts don't bother me at all to be honest, it's a job I'll get round to one really bored day, haha.

To do list:

-Lower
-Space wheels out (would look into subframe conversion if one came up cheap enough)
-172 wheels or 182 cup wheels
-New plates
-I'd also like to do a rear disc conversion if one came up at a decent price.

Cory.

Clio mk3
Lovely looking car,surprised I haven't seen this about seeing as we both live quite near. And nice picture in what! Car park haha!

Update:

I bought a donor car. It's a ph1 172 exclusive with 114K on the clock and a noisy dephaser.
Got it for a tidy price which I couldn't say no to.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

So we got the suspension, brakes, whisbones, axles etc off the car and onto the Replica. The plan was to freshen everything up with a lick of paint, but I'm on a limited timescale with where I'm storing the car so I will freshen everything up at a later date.

IMG_0189_1.jpg

IMG_0190_1.jpg

The top mount was a little difficult to remove, with snapping the allen key in the strut :headbang:
So I got a little annoyed and got to a point of "no return"...

IMG_0196_1.jpg

IMG_0198_1.jpg

The shocks have Eibach sportlines on them which make the car sit perfectly for me and give just the right ride comfort for me. Not too stiff but stiff enough.
I have to say, I'm amazed at how different the car feels, it feels like a different car (almost is I know :eyeroll: ). It just heads in the direction I point it now.

I'll leave you all with the picture above until I get some of how the car sits :)
Cory.

I just thought I'd finish of this project thread with the end of this car.

A week or two after (can't remember how long exactly) finishing the suspension conversion, a guy driving carelessly ran into the side of me whilst I was driving.
This is where the project ended and I fell out of love with the car.
IMG_0283_1.jpg

IMG_0285_1.jpg

So I had a window from the exclusive fitted and a new light so I could still use the car for a short while and then sold the car on.
IMG_0287_1.jpg

Then bought myself a DCI and I love it! :smile:
(I know I should have bought these wheels for the red car)
IMG_0515_1.jpg

Thanks for reading my project thread.
The end.
Cory.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I reckon the guy who ran in to you was hired by @Daniel because you killed the exclusive.

Sorry to see it tho mate. What's the plans for the DCi?

clio 182 trophy
Gutted for you mate after all of the effort! Did I see your car on the wed 18th in Aberdare sobell leisure centre? If not there is a Trophy replica running about down here too!

Gutted for you mate after all of the effort! Did I see your car on the wed 18th in Aberdare sobell leisure centre? If not there is a Trophy replica running about down here too!
Won't have been this car mate. Was probably the car of the guy who bought this off me. He used it for all the parts.

Was gutted hanging the keys over.

I reckon the guy who ran in to you was hired by @Daniel because you killed the exclusive.

Sorry to see it tho mate. What's the plans for the DCi?
Probably was . I've bought a sport bumper kit just like this project but I'm unsure on how far I'm going to go with it.
I've also just bought a 172 today . So my heads in the shed when it comes to cars. Don't know what I want.

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Loved that replica and gutted for you having put so much effort into the car for it to have been undone by someone like that.
I guess there will be a new project starting with the DCI.

Titanium 182
He has started a small thread of the dci somewhere Steve, last time I saw it he had a 172 bodykit on it.