ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport replica - Red

Quite a delay, sorry guys.

We got her assembled and on the road.
Here's a dirty pic for now, the door bullets are being sprayed :)
1619296_727194407311628_1149944660_n.jpg

I also bought a sport leather interior, I hated the grey expression seats! :banghead:
Will post pictures up tomorrow :)

Does look inferno on them pictures.

In my opinion: you've put a lot of time and effort in, why not spend a bit and get some second hand turinis?

The gold wheels have really grown on me to be honest, they will be staying for a while unless I come across a set of turinis cheap.
I will post clean pictures tomorrow.

Monaco
I've been looking at a set of springs that are 60 front and 40 back.
Will this make the cars nose face down or will it level out? I'm confused about that. Haha

I have a theory about this based on a few examples I've worked with but please bare in mind its only a theory. Lowering springs for clios are typically sold as for non-sports (i.e. will fit all 1.2,.1.4,1.6,1.5 Dci) or for sport (172, etc). Now there is a significant difference in weight across the non-sport engine rage - especially taking a 1.2 vs. a 1.5 dci. This means there will be a small variance in the results if you fit the same springs to these cars. I reckon the 60 front 40 rear is a set of springs that on the smallest engines produces a flatter overall height.

A friend of mine fitted 50mm (all round) springs to his 1.2 8v (the lightest engine) and the front is noticeably higher than the rear. Whether it is as much as 20mm higher at the front, I can't confirm. We had a long discussion after we fitted them as the whether the 60/40 option might have been better on his car. Saying that, I don't think Ive seen any examples of clios on 60/40s.

When I fitted eibach sportlines (claim 45mm all round) to my non-sport I swear the front was a bit higher but I ruled it down to the fact I had a silly heavy subwoofer in the boot. Saying that, I highly recommend Eibach Sportlines for your spring option. They are a good-low and don't compromise the ride quality by much. They are bundles of fun in the corners too :)

Last edited:
I have a theory about this based on a few examples I've worked with but please bare in mind its only a theory. Lowering springs for clios are typically sold as for non-sports (i.e. will fit all 1.2,.1.4,1.6,1.5 Dci) or for sport (172, etc). Now there is a significant difference in weight across the non-sport engine rage - especially taking a 1.2 vs. a 1.5 dci. This means there will be a small variance in the results if you fit the same springs to these cars. I reckon the 60 front 40 rear is a set of springs that on the smallest engines produces a flatter overall height.

A friend of mine fitted 50mm (all round) springs to his 1.2 8v (the lightest engine) and the front is noticeably higher than the rear. Whether it is as much as 20mm higher at the front, I can't confirm. We had a long discussion after we fitted them as the whether the 60/40 option might have been better on his car. Saying that, I don't think Ive seen any examples of clios on 60/40s.

When I fitted eibach sportlines (claim 45mm all round) to my non-sport I swear the front was a bit higher but I ruled it down to the fact I had a silly heavy subwoofer in the boot. Saying that, I highly recommend Eibach Sportlines for your spring option. They are a good-low and don't compromise the ride quality by much. They are bundles of fun in the corners too :)

That's a good theory, makes sense.

Quite simple when you think about it, although Iv'e never though of it.. :rolleyes:

Update: Here are some pictures of it almost "finished", it's never finished is it ;)
Iv'e started flatting back places I wasn't too happy with the finish.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

The rear is still in need of a little more love, I need a new brake light and a short aerial.
You can see where Iv'e flatted back some of the paint around the fuel cap to polish up :)

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

Here is some pictures of the interior, I need a black bottom half of the dashboard and a few trims.
Much nicer than the expression interior I think.

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Subscribed!

Great build really do admire the effort gone into this. The out come looks great, once lowered slightly it will brilliant!

The wheels do go with the car, not to keen on gold wheels but this is an exception, what's happening with the side bullets? Noticed in the pics they were not on.

Subscribed!

Great build really do admire the effort gone into this. The out come looks great, once lowered slightly it will brilliant!

The wheels do go with the car, not to keen on gold wheels but this is an exception, what's happening with the side bullets? Noticed in the pics they were not on.

Thanks a lot, all the work was worth it :)
I think the wheels are a bit Marmite :rolleyes:
Lowering is going to be the next thing I do with this car, It looks like a monster truck ! :lolup:
The bullets are being sprayed red, they wasn't finished in time for the pictures.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Looks awesome mate. You should go the whole hog as you've done the expensive bit. Lower, spacers, splitter, 182 carpet and dark trims. Will be a different animal then!

Looks awesome mate. You should go the whole hog as you've done the expensive bit. Lower, spacers, splitter, 182 carpet and dark trims. Will be a different animal then!

Cheers pal!

Lowering, spacing and splitter is on the cards, just started my new job so bare with me :).

I've started buying the darker trims but what's the difference in the carpet?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
182 carpet is like this mate. Makes the car much quieter and makes the car have a much higher quality feel. It's not that wirey rubbish that have standard which holds the dirt. One of the first things I would do if buying another standard clio for myself.

I've recently got an airline on mine and it's brought the pile back really nicely and left it looking really clean considering it's had 120ks worth of living.

A53BFC52-C0AF-4BCB-9455-AEA88A562D0D_zpsdky7eh6r.jpg

Small update...

I got a set of xenons :)

The inside white mounts where broke so I had to take them and my old ones apart and use my old mounts :headbang: I hate dishonest sellers!

ve8a3y5u.jpg

qy8yrave.jpg

You can see the chrome around the projector had dropped.

Many.
Did you get the Xenons posted?

Whenever they are posted, those white adjusters break, they are so delicate.

Did you get the Xenons posted?

Whenever they are posted, those white adjusters break, they are so delicate.

No, I collected them.
I knew they where in that condition (edit: once travelling to collect them). I just used my old mounts :)

I've never quite understood that theory though, surely they take rougher shocks on the road with our potholes and speed humps than wrapped in bubble wrap in the back of a van?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You shouldn't need to take it apart. Demolish the old one to get the adjuster out and use tiny fingers to put it in the xenon. Easy