ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Totaled - Everards Island Fosse Park Leicester

Last night in the rain coming across Everards Island at Fosse park going towards the police station coming down Narb Rd south with Salisbury’s petrol station on my left both set of lights were green, the set onto the light and the set halfway across the lights, I was in the right hand lane to cross the island an the road goes slightly left then right with a camber change as you flick right and the back end of the Clio lost it and I spun about 2 or 3 times an ended up on the grass verge half on half off the road, wiped out a sign for my village and Leicester Constabulary HQ (LoL) and a pelican crossing button and totalled the car. No one else was injured luckily and I’m fine just a stiff right leg but it could have been much much worse!

Last edited:
  Elise S1 B&C 140
Ouch, gutted for you mate. glad your ok though could have been nasty if you hit that post a few feet further forward.

Clio 172
thats a shocker mate. i know exactly the part of the road your on about. i drove past at the weekend.

2 years NCB gone but as my family and friends keep reminding me, cars can be replaced, people cant! Just gutted cuz i loved that lil clio!

Not mega fast, but too fast for the conditions last night, raining and greasy road, i drive over that road daily so i know it like back of my hand, but last night i just got caught out

That's unlucky! At least you walked away from it. As you said, could have been worse should another car have been involved.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Were the police involved then? (i.e. council using your insurance for the damage?)

Because if it's just a single car accident, I'd say it's not worth claiming on a 172 for the increase in insurance next time you renew.

Were the police involved then? (i.e. council using your insurance for the damage?)

Because if it's just a single car accident, I'd say it's not worth claiming on a 172 for the increase in insurance next time you renew.

Police turned up and interviewed me for bout 5 mins, usual questions, i asked did they wana brethalise me they said no, ide literly just been training and they left without saying a word so i'm not sure bout council, just waiting for a phone call really.

I want to claim cuz i want something back from it, the cars was immacilate really, 60k engine and interior mint, might see bout buying it back to strip but will see what they offer me 1st.

Just gutted really, loved that car and foir its age it was mint

absolutely gutted for you mate, haven written one off, i can sympathize.

racing or not it doesn't matter - no-one else involved, your okay etc

i know it's a cliche but true

Good luck finding another

Gutted for as well mate. I know more or less exactly how you feel, expect I was only TPFT.

Hope you get back in one sooner than I will be.

PHS 1 172 SILVER
imso glad your ok i was at fosse park as it happend by the time i got there they said you was taken off to get looked at, hun im gutted for you:(

PHS 1 172 SILVER
forgot to ask you getting another one because i dont think that 1 can be saved:(

plus if you selling parts can i have first dibs lol;)

Police turned up and interviewed me for bout 5 mins, usual questions, i asked did they wana brethalise me they said no, ide literly just been training and they left without saying a word so i'm not sure bout council, just waiting for a phone call really.

I want to claim cuz i want something back from it, the cars was immacilate really, 60k engine and interior mint, might see bout buying it back to strip but will see what they offer me 1st.

Just gutted really, loved that car and foir its age it was mint

You wont have much of a choice tbh.

The council will notice the signs are fucked. Contact the Police who will tell them it was you and give them your insurance details. They will then go direct to your insurer.

The fact it was "mint" isnt that relevant. You'll get £3k max.

You're also a complete tool for racing in the wet.

PHS 1 172 SILVER
mines on 60k and in good nick that why i only race down pod or on track, he will learn from this and wont be doing it again.

now i am the only ph1 silver 172 in leicester:rasp:

Last edited:
mines on 60k and in good nick that why i only race down pod or on track, he will learn from this and wont be doing it again.

now i am the only ph1 silver 172 in leicester:rasp:

Yep learned lesson, no more stupid stuff in the wet or dry for that matter, I'm very lucky it could have been alot worse, and i fully admit its my fault i know the road i know the bump i just misjudged it compleatly, total idiot!

Yeah the hunt is on to find another 1 now, depending on insurance :( lol

PHS 1 172 SILVER
i bet it wont be that bad on insurance hun, i am gutted for you because it was nice to see another one like mine driving round, and i wanted to see what you was going to do to it

Mustang, S13, AX GT
heh you were racing an mr2 in the wet and you were the one who span out? nice ;) Glad to see your ok though mate

Monaco RS Clio 172
posted reply in the other thread :)

-----
well done for admitting it mate and yes you are an idiot for racing in the wet... but everyone does something stupid on the road at least once. luckily for most of us we survive to tell the tale.

to be fair mate I have lost my ass end in my old mk1 clio rsi on the road, down country lanes, fortunately was me on my own no other cars about, surprisingly didn't go that fast before I lost the ass spun once and was lucky enough to not hit anything!

since then I have been an old lady driver in the wet and it will stay that way :)

what is is. don't let it get you down. onwards/upwards.
-----