ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO TT - new bhp figure

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Good idea with the rx4 stuff

The steyr stuff fitted to that is bomb proof (so i hear)

BMW 320d Sport

Good work, glad the figures are working out...now quarter mile it! I want to know if youre gonna take my record.;)

It sounds like its gonna be quick though. Glad theres someone else in the superfast Clio club. I was chuckling at what you were saying about racing Scoobies etc...once youre packing 250bhp/ton and upwards, most Scoobies you meet on the roads will struggle to keep up and you do find yourself wondering if they are actually racing your or not LOL. In fact, due to the weight of Scoobies/Evos etc and their trans loss through four wheel drive, youre really into the next league of motors, TVRs etc that are genuine monsters - like the Griffith I pasted last week.

I have no doubt youll post a good 13 second time and if you can get the traction maybe a 12 at well over a ton. If that proves to be right, youre running 0-100 in roughly 11 seconds. Theres not much on the roads can live with that.

nice setup matt. and about the handling of these 4 wd drive cars people. me mate has a mitsi evo 6 and when he goes around tight bends with any power down @ all his back ends starts to kick out and finds it hard to get it back if it goes to far. ok in the wet its a different storey altogether but in the dry the rs clios will surprise a lot of people. surprised me when i done the same tight corner as him quite a lot faster than his car could do it.

Have had scoobs and ctrs on roundabouts meny a time. the clio sits looked tight to the corner and these big heavy 4x4 cars drift out wide @ any decent speed.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 16 March 2005

nice setup matt. and about the handling of these 4 wd drive cars people. me mate has a mitsi evo 6 and when he goes around tight bends with any power down @ all his back ends starts to kick out and finds it hard to get it back if it goes to far. ok in the wet its a different storey altogether but in the dry the rs clios will surprise a lot of people. surprised me when i done the same tight corner as him quite a lot faster than his car could do it.

Have had scoobs and ctrs on roundabouts meny a time. the clio sits looked tight to the corner and these big heavy 4x4 cars drift out wide @ any decent speed.
have to agree ^^^

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 16 March 2005

Had it remapped yesterday with the EVO 8 fuel pump fitted. At one stage it was kicking out 297bhp but Vince at Stealth Racing said 285 is a nice safe figure - so heres the print out.
Perfect... Ill be round to pick up the keys this weekend Matt! ;)

Lionel Richie

i drove it again yesterday, believe me its ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt mention it at the time Matt, but i "overtook" an SL55 AMG when i was out on my test spin!!!

I was top of 4th (so 120-130mph at a guess)

It was like the fly by on Top Gun

f**king Brilliant!!!!!

Citroen Saxo VTS

That is just insane! Love it

Fred2001Dynamic - are you from knowle/solihull by any chance? I was speaking to a lad called joe stevens & mentioned about the clioTT being in knowle the other day.

297bhp on the standard turbo with only a remap and uprated fuel pump? Seems very optimistic to me. Even the corrected fly figure of 285 seems a bit high with just a remap. Although the car engine only produced 275 on the day which i thinks about right. Theres quite a big gap between measured and corrected. Mines was only in the region of 2bhp.

Its the power @ wheels figures which matter and if you had a true 285bhp, youd have more than 229 @ wheels. I have 273 and 240 @ wheels and another has 286 with 255 @ wheels. Both measured on more than 1 RR.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

This bloody quick.

I had a quick doo with j3ned last night (dont think he was looking in his mirrors ;)) both set off in 3rd - and it lasted all of 2 seconds. Then he was gone. Seriously.

UNREAL !

The sound it makes is unreal...well done mate.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 17 March 2005

297bhp on the standard turbo with only a remap and uprated fuel pump? Seems very optimistic to me. Even the corrected fly figure of 285 seems a bit high with just a remap. Although the car engine only produced 275 on the day which i thinks about right. Theres quite a big gap between measured and corrected. Mines was only in the region of 2bhp.

Its the power @ wheels figures which matter and if you had a true 285bhp, youd have more than 229 @ wheels. I have 273 and 240 @ wheels and another has 286 with 255 @ wheels. Both measured on more than 1 RR.

I dont know ........ these Cupra owners !!

Im running a DTA engine management system which makes the whole set up more tuneable than a much slower Cupra R with a REVO set up. Vince at Stealth reckons its one of the best hes seen - come to York on the 27th march and have a run up the strip with me ??? - see what ya reckon

Anyone gagging to see a pic with the bonnet lifted???

I remember a standard looking corsa from around my way that had a group-n spec engine. but being a clio owner myself i just love this one!

J3Ned you are a legend

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 17 March 2005

I dont know ........ these Cupra owners !!

Im running a DTA engine management system which makes the whole set up more tuneable than a much slower Cupra R with a REVO set up. Vince at Stealth reckons its one of the best hes seen - come to York on the 27th march and have a run up the strip with me ??? - see what ya reckon
is that elvington airstrip ? cos i can make that too who hoo !

God you are boring, change the tune pal. Its faster than your car will ever be, deal with it.

awesome ! gotta see this in action. obviously its a sleeper and i think thats so cool but some people at meets wont get it ? surley any mild tuned car could in theory run 100 shot NOS and for 10seconds at least down a strip get simular performance after all isnt the first few secs lost due to wheel spin ?

is it elvington on the 27th ? where abouts in york is the strip.

Nippy white cup

Not elvington airstrip but very near m8. York dragway is only around the corner...

Also if you used 100shot most of the way down the strip youll run out in no time i would think...it would till need to weight next to nothing and have about 200bhp to start with to get the same performance.

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 17 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 17 March 2005297bhp on the standard turbo with only a remap and uprated fuel pump? Seems very optimistic to me. Even the corrected fly figure of 285 seems a bit high with just a remap. Although the car engine only produced 275 on the day which i thinks about right. Theres quite a big gap between measured and corrected. Mines was only in the region of 2bhp.Its the power @ wheels figures which matter and if you had a true 285bhp, youd have more than 229 @ wheels. I have 273 and 240 @ wheels and another has 286 with 255 @ wheels. Both measured on more than 1 RR.[/QUOTE]God you are boring, change the tune pal. Its faster than your car will ever be, deal with it.

I was there watching it being mapped and everything, and it is all true, the stealth guys even said that cupra owners were boring ;-)

/y0z

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 17 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 17 March 2005Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 17 March 2005297bhp on the standard turbo with only a remap and uprated fuel pump? Seems very optimistic to me. Even the corrected fly figure of 285 seems a bit high with just a remap. Although the car engine only produced 275 on the day which i thinks about right. Theres quite a big gap between measured and corrected. Mines was only in the region of 2bhp.Its the power @ wheels figures which matter and if you had a true 285bhp, youd have more than 229 @ wheels. I have 273 and 240 @ wheels and another has 286 with 255 @ wheels. Both measured on more than 1 RR.[/QUOTE]God you are boring, change the tune pal. Its faster than your car will ever be, deal with it.

I was there watching it being mapped and everything, and it is all true, the stealth guys even said that cupra owners were boring ;-)

/y0z

PMSL!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

j3ned - I pissed my sides at the pics of your Clio! Bang on m8! :D

I thought you would have gone OTT and put wings, spoliers, bodykits, etc on the thing, but it just looks so normal for the most part.

Brilliant - keep it like it is. It must be great to be alongside what would normally be superior cars, only for them to get absolutely destroyed in the process by your car.

A work of genius methinks!

D.

Fast and quick no doubt. Everyday car, no thanks!!!!

Jesus, you own a sh*t heap so you change the record pal. Stop being tight fisted and buy a decent car:oops:;)

LCRs/S3s and TTs all map to around 270, but stick it in a clio and outcomes 297?

For instance, a remap, £1000 full miltek exhaust system, and a large front mount IC only produces 286-290 on the LCRs/S3/TTs.

Im just struggling to believe the little clio was capable of 297 from the same engine and turbo with just a remap.

[Edited by Mitchy on 17 March 2005 at 1:01pm]

[Edited by Mitchy on 17 March 2005 at 1:12pm]

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 17 March 2005

Question: Do you get though many sets of front tyres?

i can get tyres for free - from a secret source ;). So a new set every 3 months isnt a problem

Nippy white cup

And what makes you think that the rr yours was on was sooo accurate? Stealth Racing seems to know exatly what they are doing with this.....Im sure you always say you dont believe owt till you have proof and the pic at the top is proof! Is it 270 with std exhaust?

Chris

Yes the 1.8T engines normally produce 265/270 with standard exhaust. Spend £1000 on a full miltek and that will push it upto around 285.

Its the power @ wheels figures which dont really add up to the estimated flywheel figures.

Flywheel figures are a rolling road lottery. The operator guesses the Tx loss to bump up the flywheel figure.

The car made 229 @ the wheels which is very good but thats all that should be taken from it. 229 @ wheels.

It may be the little clio has more TX loss than the likes of the LCRs etc.

Im not taking anything away from the clio as it will be a rapid car, i just think 285 from just a remap is a tad high.

im deffo gonna be at melbourne on 27th so i hope its the same place as you guys LOL.

so looking forward to seeing the beast in action and other peoples clios also.