ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio TT- the rise from the death -56k no way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Oh s**t mate bad news.
Sound like it ain't gonna be cheap for any of those options:(
I say make it completely bullet proof this time round for when you reach the magic 500hp so it doesn't go bang again.
I hope you sort it out with out doing too much damage to your pocket:eek:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
im gonna be in chesterfield at gems house with norm mate! what time? were goin for a drink when weve had a go at detailing her car lol

Family Bus
What is this FREEFEST thing???

And WHO said we are going for a drink?? HUH??

I'll be des...I have clo and NOT drinking this weekend :D

Takeaway Ftw tbqfh ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
WELL gemma. either or tbh. forgot you had clo :eek: ... i was hoping to convince you on the day but take away sounds good ;)

FREEFEST sounds like a big orgie of some kind?

Family Bus
We'll see! Tis possible to arrange babysquitter tbh ;)

Didnt think would be extending to the evening.....altho you are all more than welcome....tut...and I was sposed to be off the booze! FAIL!

takeaway sounds beter this weekend tbh folks......i was thinking after payday for a chesterfeild self destruct mission as they arnt cheap!!;)

plus gem as clo this weekend so its only fair she shes her when shes sober hey gem;):p

eiather way will be tres goood:D

Oh s**t mate bad news.
Sound like it ain't gonna be cheap for any of those options:(
I say make it completely bullet proof this time round for when you reach the magic 500hp so it doesn't go bang again.
I hope you sort it out with out doing too much damage to your pocket:eek:

it isnt mate.....the engine its self is bullet proof mate thats the thing...the 6 speed o2m item ment to be the strongest box of the lot......trust me to feck it!!!

by the time this modding session is over.........ill be a few more k liter i suppose:dead:

ValverInBits
the 02J boxes are rumoured to be good for 330bhp.....
hope it lasts for you mate :) Just buy a few lol

The six speed you have currently - that's a diesel box iirc? or is it the audi TT box?
Wanted a six speed TT box for my project but have since been told that it's way too long (to get in a MK1 clio)

Note: please don't get excited anyone, I havent started yet. Saving takes too much time :(

Hope all goes well with fitting the new box :) When are you planning to do it?

LOL its no normal 02j box mate...its got quife'' dog'' internals;)......the box i currently have is a ''o2m'' gttdi box......there the strongest standard box you can get......no idea about fitting it in yours, there certainly will be chassis leg moding needed yes

as for fitting, ive taken the clio off the...ordered the parts yesterday, there due here in the morning....not in any rush tho.....ive got all winter:D

Clio Sport 172
freefest is a music festival in chesterfield queens park. its a good day you you 3 should come meet me when you have cleaned the car :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The engine and box comes out in just under 1 hour - unbolting the driveshafts ( 6 alan key's on each shaft ) were it connects them to the output shafts is the biggest ball ache. Also the downpipe is pretty tricky to unbolt as its on a bad angle. The engine has been in and out about 10 times in total - very easy job. In order to get the engine sitting level i had to use spacers on the mounts - make sure you take note of were they go when refitting them. The rest is lego - you have my number Matt ring me if you need help

cheers matt, will do.....im gonna acumalate all the bits first, i per our convo on the phone, with a 5 speed box that car is deffo gonna go quicker as the ratios are better;)

the clutch and flywheel are on order and should be here today, then its just getting the rite box at the rite money...and then ill send the box of to gearbox man in coventry for him to fit the box internals

no rush...ie got all winter!!

matt

M

mini-valver

Just rebuild the box you have, there's not gonna be a massive amount wrong with it. No harm in taking it out and getting the internals out. I reckon even without ever working on your car I'd have the box out and in bits in less than a day!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just rebuild the box you have, there's not gonna be a massive amount wrong with it. No harm in taking it out and getting the internals out. I reckon even without ever working on your car I'd have the box out and in bits in less than a day!

Norm - i agree. fix the current box and then just get the other one slapped in when you have the money. you know it makes sense man

Megane r26

lol less then a day more like a couple of hours lol red bull energy ftw

the box is wrong mate.....the ratios are way to long...id rather do it propperly this time ready for the upage in power:D......dave do you realise the engine has to come all the way out for the box to be removed!!:D

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The box is limiting the car to 11 sec quarters due to the ratio's ( diesel box ) - This engine is capable of 10 sec quarters no messin - just needs the transmission sorting out and maybe a race logic traction control system bolting on

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
So are you defo selling up?
It will be a great shame if you don't decide to keep it.
All that time and effort (and money) and you won't break the 10sec yourself?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

He's put a deposit down an a vee (i think, couldn't hear properly on phone) so wouldn't realistically be able to afford it. but i agree. bigtime loss maan. hope it goes to a good home :(

Honda. Tesla Someday
Why not ask people on here to donate money towards fixing the gearbox?? I hear there are lots of rich people on here!!! LOL

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Why not ask people on here to donate money towards fixing the gearbox?? I hear there are lots of rich people on here!!! LOL

i think alot of people would actually chip in towards it aswell - i know i would donate som coinage ££££££

Honda. Tesla Someday
Do as I say Mr Norm and you shall prevail!

I am sure everyone will agree that YOU are the best person to get this car where it will be and you have been the best to get it where it is at the moment!

How much do you need to get it going again!?!?!

No harm in asking right???

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Do as I say Mr Norm and you shall prevail!

I am sure everyone will agree that YOU are the best person to get this car where it will be and you have been the best to get it where it is at the moment!

How much do you need to get it going again!?!?!

No harm in asking right???

Everyone on here should donate a couple of sheckles-

S

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
he spent alot of coinage on a clutch - and i know the gearbox it needs is circa 2k lol. We love you norm :eek: xx

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yeah lets do some Not Norm "charity" events lol.
But seriously i think you should stick with it.
When you think what you have spent already whats another 2k lol (I can't believe i said that, but it is true)
Then you would have the fastest clio in the world.
Obviously only one person can say that and that man has to be you!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You wont find a buyer on here - people are to scared to put there money into a car like this. Maybe if it had a panel filter, 17"s, sub, amp and a kit it would be snapped up. Mans car this and theres to many boys about

I would buy it back - just the wrong time

Hyundai i40

He's put a deposit down an a vee (i think, couldn't hear properly on phone) so wouldn't realistically be able to afford it. but i agree. bigtime loss maan. hope it goes to a good home :(

i thought he was getting rid of mini for the vee

norm- need to sort that bonnet with you

185lb/ft dCi
if i was older and had the knowledge id snap the fucker up straight away, cheap as chips for the power, amazing performance, all those hours that have been put into it, hope it doesn't go to an idiot!

Family Bus
:( Wuv the TT

Totally understand the reasons behind the sale though, the car is a money pit :( lovesit tho!!!

Ah well....... end of an era, and start of a new one... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.