ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Turbo hits the road at last!

BMW 320d Sport

WAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRP--TSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssss---WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARPPPPP----TTSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssss--

The sound of my lovely Clio that I finally picked up today after waiting since December when I blew up the original engine. Never had a turbo car before, and I just cant help backing off the accelerator at every opportunity to listen to the dump valve! Wicked driving the valver again, but I just wish I didn;t have to run it in for 1200 miles before I can really hammer it!

I know wot u mean mate.

My mates go a Punto GT (obviously not as quick) but the dump valve sounds so sweet! Even just cruising around town it goes off, and heads turn.

Wants me to get a loan out just so I can have that sweet-sweet sound!

Just be patient my friend and all will be rewarded!

Turbos, Dump valves, etc are great. Running costs are not so great. :confused:

Scaring pedestrians and doddering old biddies doing 40 in a national limit is superb fun though! :D

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ahhh, its not technically a valver now Nick, you can now be callin it the turbo! :cool:

I wanna know the first time u beat either a cossie, scooby or is EVO pushing it a bit! Sweeeeet. ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Nick

Glad to hear that your monster is on the road at last!!

Have you got a picture of your car with its BOOST plate on for us all to see please?

:D

CTR EK9 turbo

hmmmm.... dont think hell be replying on here for a while....... out racking up the miles id have thought. I wonder how much petrol hel get through today/tomorrow!!? It must be so cool getting your car back from the garage and its been modded very highly, driving it must be soo nice..

BMW 320d Sport

LOL cheers for the replies! Im still going to work today, no sicky for me. The worst was last night...had three parents to see straight after school then the next batch 6:00 till 8:00. Dilemma - do I try and burn up to BB in the 2 hour gap and then get back in time for the next lot of parents? Or do I sit it out at school and not be able to pick up my car until next week....hmmm, wasnt too hard a decision!

Theres still a lot of work I need to do on it even though the engines sorted. So Ill have a busy weekend thats for sure. But Ill try and rack up some miles as quick as I can, maybe going up north for the Donny weekend might help. Just got to be really careful with it at the moment, no thrashing it off the line or in fact thrashing it ever, no lugging it high/gear/low revs, no more than 4500 rpm (which means only 90mph in 5th) etc.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Know what you mean Nick, running a car in after engine work is a nightmare - when I first got the Lotus I changed the timing chains and then had to run it in for 1000 miles - absolute nightmare!

Paul

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Yeah but its worth it once you hit the 1200 miles. It will come in no time. I managed 1000 miles in 1 week lol

sweet nick!!!!!

i would love to get my williams turbod.

isnt the BB turbo conversion on a 1.8 engine?

id get it done if i could keep the 2.0l engine altough im sure the 1.8l turbo is plenty faster than the 2.0l

350z & 16v Maxi

Nick you need to come up to Donny, that will put some miles on the clock and also let me see it. My Maxi will be there too.

You know you want to.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Nick, bring it up to Donny. You dont want to be still running it on in on the way to the Ring do ya!:D

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 28 March 2003

Sorry for asking a boring question but how does it effect your insurance mate?
by £150 I think Nick said in the other thread.

Turbo, Niccceee!! My cousin gets his RX7 back next week after its engine rebuild, it should have 300bhp - he is going to try and get 2,000 miles needed to run it in (under 3,000rpm) on the clock before the Rolling Road 7 days later:eek: I think hes planning a trip to Johnogroats then lands end!

get a brick and a throttle stop (a chink of wood) and let it sit in the garage at 3000rpm for a few tank fulls......

clio 20v

haha ferris buellers day off classic film

bird init was fit too

do u build it up gradually wen ur getin close to a thousand miles or jus drive slow an wait till trip ses 1199.9 then floor it

adi