ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio turbo out at bedford (inc following Mikes ITB car and a huge 100mph+ sideways)

172 Cup
Re: Clio turbo out at bedford (inc following Mikes ITB car and a huge 100mph+ sideway

Sounds good! Managed to miss you out on track, must've been goin out when I was giving mine a rest!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Re: Clio turbo out at bedford (inc following Mikes ITB car and a huge 100mph+ sideway

Sounds good! Managed to miss you out on track, must've been goin out when I was giving mine a rest!

Thats a shame, I did do quite a few sessions although most of them were quite short as this was just a shakedown to me, plus I went out a few times in our RS2 car as well.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

I knew it was going to be nippy but I didn't to be quite so fast! Well done mate, it looks superb. I'll bug you for a passenger ride next time I see you :)

Ph1 T
You seriously make every single car look slow on them videos fair play and great build..

Awesome car

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I knew it was going to be nippy but I didn't to be quite so fast!

Flol, yeah it does surprise a few people thats for sure :)

Well done mate, it looks superb. I'll bug you for a passenger ride next time I see you :)

Cool stuff man, you doing llandow?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

You seriously make every single car look slow on them videos fair play and great build..

Awesome car

Thought you might enjoy it Dan.

Yours should do well too, when mine was a similar spec to yours it was still properly fast :)

PB172,dci100,dci65

Great driving, great car, scary sideway slide:)

I am just thinking a difusor could add some grip to the back at those high speeds to keep the back more stable?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Great driving, great car, scary sideway slide:)

I am just thinking a difusor could add some grip to the back at those high speeds to keep the back more stable?

Back isnt unstable TBH mate, I just went across some damp concrete at well over 100mph and tried to turn across it, wasnt a car problem, was a me problem, lol

Besides, its a completely standard looking fully trimmed road car not a race car, I think a difuser would ruin that.

It has made me decide to sell the whiteline RARB I have got sat there trying to decide wether or not to use on it though, the speeds im doing just arent really the sort of speeds I want a playful rear end at!

PB172,dci100,dci65

I am not the one to judge driving skills lol,
looking forward to get to a track for the first time with my low level racing skills and stock 172ph2 (done just 3k miles), but one has to start somewhere.
Keep up the good work:race:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Flol, yeah it does surprise a few people thats for sure :)

Cool stuff man, you doing llandow?
#

Unfortunately not mate, I still might come along to spectate/take pics though.

Ph1 T
Thought you might enjoy it Dan.

Yours should do well too, when mine was a similar spec to yours it was still properly fast :)

Hope so should be epic Tbf once I've got that every growing list done we defo need to come across each other on track this year ;)

My days will start from April all throughout the year so let me know :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Cool stuff mate :)

Shame your ECU doesnt offer you quite as good boost control functionality as my one though, but yours still does the basics at least!

Clio 172

Cheers for the run out in it Chip, sorry I had to call it short at three laps but lack of food and the way that thing travels was making me feel ill. I have to add for anyone that says boost is pointless and its either all or nothing you need to go an have a ride in Chip's car. Even when pushin it through the corners the car wasn't lacking power and it was so smooth it felt like it was a natural engine for the car. I'd like another ride Chip when the brakes aren't cooked.

172 Cup

Your famous chip....the turbo video from Bedfords on the automotive homepage on YouTube! Haha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Your famous chip....the turbo video from Bedfords on the automotive homepage on YouTube! Haha

FLOL!

Must say its not really *that* interesting, but a claim to fame none the less.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Cheers for the run out in it Chip, sorry I had to call it short at three laps but lack of food and the way that thing travels was making me feel ill.

No problem mate, I was keeping most of the sessions fairly short anyway, Mike's dad got the only long one really.

I have to add for anyone that says boost is pointless and its either all or nothing you need to go an have a ride in Chip's car. Even when pushin it through the corners the car wasn't lacking power and it was so smooth it felt like it was a natural engine for the car.

Thanks mate, thats EXACTLY what Ive been trying to say to people, too many people have never driven a turbo car that is mapped specifically with trackday use in mind in terms of the power delivery so they think its going to be all or nothing when it just doesnt have to be that way.

Even on a more basic ECU like the Omex 600 for example if you know what you are doing you can get it to do something kind of similar to what I have done with the Mtech V4 on this, all be it not quite as well as its only a 2d table not a 3d one.

I'd like another ride Chip when the brakes aren't cooked.

Welcome anytime mate, I need to decide what im doing with the brakes, I think its going to have to be a case of doing llandow on the now warped ones sadly due to me only being home from work a couple of days before then, and then look towards making up some sort of 4 pot conversion after that when I have a little more time.

182cup & 172 racecar

Chippy. I can bring the set of discs down I've just taken off the race car, take 10mins to change them, save have a wobbly wheel.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Chippy. I can bring the set of discs down I've just taken off the race car, take 10mins to change them, save have a wobbly wheel.

Very kind offer, thanks very much but I'd only ruin them for you mate, better for you to sell them now while they are working, lol

182cup & 172 racecar

I just bin them anyway Chip. Up to you me old fruit.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Yes please then mate :)

Thanks very much, should see me through the day a bit better till I have time to sort something properly.