ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v Astra VXR

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172
My mate has just got a astra vxr and is giving it the beans to me. Its annoying i like the look of the cars but he always thinks he is better than me

i drove the Astra sri and that was proper w**k, hard seats, horrible inside, horrible gearbox and it was heavy and slow

so then does my clio stand a chance against his vxr before i start shooting my mouth to him! lol :p

I suspect you'd have a fair chance in the twisties, otherwise probably not, unlikely that either of you would pull out a massive lead though unless your talking about risky motorway speeds.

Golf GTD Mk7
vxr on the straight, with a nice flat road where it won't camber steer into a tree. They aren't the best in bends though.

Evo 5 RS
Mine used to stick with standard ones all day long up until a point, but mine isn't standard! As with most things with a blower, remapped is a different kettle of fish

clio 172
yeah i guess :dapprove: 0-60 is 6.2 and yeah i thought i would get it in the bends, surly on the track i would have a chance due to the handling on the clio? 1/4 mile, guess no chance either ??

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
No chance. there faster than a megane in a straight line and not that far of in corners either (i would own a megane still) ;)

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Tell your friend he has a very nice car and it is much better than yours. It will probably confuse him and he will then try to work out why you are saying that!
Then, find a copy of a decent performance mag featuring a Renaultsport Clio and tell him to have a read because that is why you have one, for its purity as a fast hatch.
No-one does it better.

Golf GTD Mk7
1/4 mile no. Track yes. Chased a few down. Standard for standard it won't be far off. But any long straights and it will leave you.

clio 172
just found this ! thanks for the comments very intresting to read

Despite promising to get the VXR from nought to 60mph in 6.2sec, the best we could extract from KE55 was 6.7sec; even when on a strict diet of 99 RON super unleaded; slight flat-spots in the power delivery when accelerating flat-out from a low starting speed seemed to hamper progress (we’ve encountered the same problem with other Astra VXRs we’ve driven, too).

FF 182
A MK4 Astra GSI, very tidy looking wanted to play with the 182 last night, we both accelerated past a lorry to overtake and kept at the same distance but then i pulled back (no balls and want to keep my licence) while he went off. I assume we are about the same in speed.

clio 172
ok maybe his is better but i love my clio best car i will ever own, but check out this w**k dash, the clio inside is cracking !

car_photo_219999_25.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why does everyone bum the Clio's interior it is shitty and plasticy just like most motors people say have crap interior.

The renault interior is much more aesthetically pleasing even if it is s**tty and plasticky, it still feels like a nice place to be. The vauxhall interior is probably much better quality but it still looks awful and dreary.

I like the new honda interiors and vauxhall have done a good job on the interior / dash of the insignia.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ok maybe his is better but i love my clio best car i will ever own, but check out this w**k dash, the clio inside is cracking !

car_photo_219999_25.jpg

Interiors do very little for me. They are probably one of the least important aspects of any car I care to drive. But what is that grey monolith of shite up above in the centre? Hideous. :dead:

D.

BG 182
In standard form the Astra’s are still going to pull away from a Clio with ease, but in a straight line my mates stage 2 TMS Astra VXR makes my 182 look like it’s not moving !

Find some corners thought and it’s a whole difference ball game.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Interiors do very little for me. They are probably one of the least important aspects of any car I care to drive. But what is that grey monolith of s**te up above in the centre? Hideous. :dead:

D.

Like a cheap 1980s Hi-Fi! I couldn't care about interiors either TBH. I had that interior about 4 years back. It actually isn't that bad in reality.

I've had probably near on 30 cars in the last ten years including a citroen c1 and a stripped out nova so I am not overly fussy about interiors, but the renaults always feel a nice place to be and the vauxhalls have some of the most disgusting dash boards ever. Anyway, off topic, VXR faster in a straight line, mapped VXR much much faster, not necessarily any more fun though. My previous 320bhp impreza was no more fun to drive than the 182 I now have

182 Turbo
I'm actually looking to buy a boosted hatchback next year I was thinking between;

Phase 1 Focus RS
Or
Astra VXR

What would you guys Say is the better car?

Or I was also looking at getting finance on a new Golf r32 not boosted but 3.2ltr V6 N/A
And they sound amazing, but obviously not as tuneable as a boosted car :(

Opinions?
I'd keep my clio 182 also, in a lockup. Can't beat these babies :p

clio 172
all i can say is i love my clio and i am so glad i didnt end up with 'that' inside my car ! Its so dull reminds me of when i am 70 and i buy a Honda jazz ! lol

Italian 3.2 V6
I'm actually looking to buy a boosted hatchback next year I was thinking between;

Phase 1 Focus RS
Or
Astra VXR

What would you guys Say is the better car?

Or I was also looking at getting finance on a new Golf r32 not boosted but 3.2ltr V6 N/A
And they sound amazing, but obviously not as tuneable as a boosted car :(

Opinions?
I'd keep my clio 182 also, in a lockup. Can't beat these babies :p

225 or R26 if u can afford one is were it's at mate! ;)

CLIO 182
A friend used to own a VXR, and he honestly reckoned that altough the VXR would punish it round the twisties the 182 would be bitting its arse.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Who cares what's quicker, better built etc etc etc

Neither of you can drive the cars to full potential day to day, so realistically your 0-60 / Top Speed and handling are all irrelevant as you will both spend most of your time sat in traffic Jams or in 30mph zones anyway (Unless you go on a track day)

Its all just Willy Waving, Would you run off to the internet to ask if your mates C**K was better because he told you it was 2" longer than yours?

182 Turbo
A quick example of an R26 off PistonHeads..
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3220140.htm

I won't lie that looks beautiful, and as for his comment about the handling I've actually experienced
One of these in yellow in real life, I tried to have a little play with him in my 182 and literally straight away he was off, went round a chicane thing near me at literally 80mph, me and my mate were gobsmacked lol! Completely silenced no point in me even attempting to keep up. Amazing cars. It's just the arse on them! Why!?

120d M Sport
Why does everyone bum the Clio's interior it is s**tty and plasticy just like most motors people say have crap interior.

I was thinking this too...Ok for what it is, considering it's a fairly old design and in a small car. Doesn't stand up to most modern interiors though!

Status
Not open for further replies.