ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 Owners/Buyers thread.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Back on the road Mid May. All stripped and lots of new bits going on! Pics coming soon!

Started 1st turn of the key after not running in 15months! - That's why i love this car!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
image_zpsd4284bf3.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

BG V6, LY 182
Taxed mine last Saturday. And drove it on the roads for the first time in months.
Still has me smiling :D
It's a fecking awesome peace of kit! That noise.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looking good mate.

Mine is out too - perhaps a small Scottish meet/get together?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Looking forward to seeing the latest incarnation of your car Ali..!

Re Goodwood, we now have 17 v6's booked in with track time, plus the static cars, plus all the Alpines and Gordini's :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those grey grilles still annoy me, I wish they were darker. Makes them look faded even though they aren't really.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to seeing the latest incarnation of your car Ali..!

Re Goodwood, we now have 17 v6's booked in with track time, plus the static cars, plus all the Alpines and Gordini's :cool:

17!!! I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing all these thrashing around...fingers crossed the weather will be kind.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Those grey grilles still annoy me, I wish they were darker. Makes them look faded even though they aren't really.

Bit of Gtechniq and they'll be reet! P.s. You left the sticker on the inside of my arch ya wee swine, took me agres to pick it off and now my neck is ruined!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Vee will be back on the road from the start of June.

Work done since Oct-12

1/ New front Bumper, Fog Lights, Lower Grill.
2/ Front end respray.
3/ Wheel's refurbed, new OZ Graphics, OEM centre caps.
4/ Lowered seatmounts fitted, new Recaro Graphics
5/ OEM headunit refitted.
6/ Engine Oil / Gearbox Oil and Filters.
7/ Steering wheel retrim
8/ Caliper overhaul and refinish in factory AP Colours, New pads, lines and fluid flush
9/ New exhaust rubbers

I'll be detailing it when it comes up to Aberdeen.

I'm really looking forward to driving the car again and getting her on track!
icon_smile.gif

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye! I'll get round to it! Doing her SLK just now! Forgot how much I hate detailing!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Couple of updated pictures.

The guys at BrakeCaliper refurbs made a bit of a hash of the reburb (6 weeks of wrong seals then they sent my rear calliper carrier to another customer and I was left with two Off Side Carriers. Useless. Finish on them was decent though; but wouldn't rush back.

Wheel was re-trimmed by Jack @ Royal Steering wheels, supreme job, turned around in under a week!

Lowered seat frames finally on. Little bit of tarting up to do but hoping to have her back on the road next week!

imagev6_zps13c267bc.jpg

image9h_zpsdd99243c.jpg

image3x_zpsf95df910.jpg

imagev5_zps065c9e4e.jpg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Perseverance Ali.. Looking forward to seeing it too, in August, at Origine RS. Last time I saw it was FCS 2008?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Perseverance Ali.. Looking forward to seeing it too, in August, at Origine RS. Last time I saw it was FCS 2008?

Ermmm...Yes, I believe it was. Can't remember which years I was there. I was on YS Stand in 08 and V6clio stand in 09?...

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ermmm...Yes, I believe it was. Can't remember which years I was there. I was on YS Stand in 08 and V6clio stand in 09?...

Were you there two years in succession? Blimey, I'll gave to check the forum pics out!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ali, I have zero memory recall of you being there in 2009! I thought we had all Illiads along the front of that stand in that year.. :eek: As shocking as that is... It's the 2008 time I was referring to. :S

So couzens was there in the Euro bus in 2009. I remember you kept calling to see where I was haha... oh yes you did.
cat171, at least the milage is probably about average now that it's rarely used :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ha! I ran it solidly for 2years! Did loads of miles then. It's certainly not a garage queen...May get pampered, but it's driven and driven hard (When it's on the road that is!) :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Clio's not bad either ! ;) can't believe how light the front end is...also how slowwww it is! But it is awesome!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jesus H! Bit different from that apartment you had Ali! Hope the car is looking well!