ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams 2 aka Midget

Williams 2 & 200
Seeing as i've owned this for a few moths i'd thought i'd add my project. This is all copied from Williams-Clio.co.uk so some of the updates might not make sense!

Well where to start... I purchased this Williams 2 from Russ 16v on here, I had no intention of getting a Williams until I randomly came across this site while browsing Pistonheads and noticed he was local and it was up for a good price so I thought sod it I'll try and get it
icon_lol.gif

I also own a Clio 182 and have owned a 172, S1 Rallye and 1.4rt (first car) so it looks as if I'm a bit of a French fan!

So I went up on a Friday evening and bought the car then and there and by Saturday lunch it was back at mine (via a trailer).

After a quick wash and removal of Laguna splitter this is what she looked like with 78k on the clock:

IMAG0056-1.gif

IMAG0054.gif

IMAG0055.gif

From the pics she doesnt look too bad but there are quite a few dents and scratches which will be sorted along with some surface rust on one sill and arch but its nothing really so more than happy on that side of things.

I then wrote a massive list of things to do and tried to chalk some of them off in no order whatsoever!

Replace broken speaker grill:

IMAG0061.gif

IMAG0062.gif

New OEM type aerial

IMAG0058.gif

Removed aftermarket sunroof and resealed as the original sealant was so messy (this will be replaced with a new model at some point)

IMAG0063.gif

IMAG0064.gif

I then managed to get hold of a brand new bonnet from Bristol for a steal, you cant really see from the photo but fitting a bonnet in the 182 was a bit of a squeeze for my head!

IMAG0066.gif

Then a few more random bits bought

New maplight as I didn't have one

IMAG0076-1.gif

IMAG0077-1.gif

Sparkplug cover from a member on here

IMAG0067.gif

At some point the car had tints on the rear windows and some of the glue has remained so I set about removing this

IMAG0070.gif

IMAG0073.gif

New rear window sticker (yes i know its the wrong place!)

IMAG0079-1.gif

Replaced the Renault badge as it had been painted black by a blind man and cleaned out the boot trim which was full of algae

IMAG0086.gif

Then yesterday I managed to get a passenger door which is only 7 months old to replace mine as it had a dent in it which should work out alot cheaper than repairing old one

IMAG0089.gif

Thats pretty much where I am at present, I have also resprayed the spoiler as it was peeling, raised the rear slightly and cleaned all of the underbody to get rid of dirt and check the condition of everything which seemed to be really good!

I then realised I haven't really achieved much in getting it back to the condition I wanted so decided to sort out my priorties. So now my plan for the main issues over following months is as follows but i think the dates could quite easily slip! I will also be sorting out the smaller things along side this list.

July

• After garage has repaired any underbody rust, Waxoyl entire underneath of car
  • Fit new front and rear dampers
August

• New cambelt kit
  • New waterpump
  • Skim head
  • Fit new headgasket
  • Alternator belt

September

• Repair rust on arch and sill and remove as many dents as possible
October

• Spray bonnet, front and rear bumpers
November

• Refurb Wheels and get new Tyres
December

• MOT, TAX, Insure
Other

• Replace Sunroof
I'll try and keep this as updated as possible as Its all quite a steep learning curve with these cars so may need some help!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried to do a few things over the weekend but work and weather stopped that. I did manage to sort out the side trim by using this paint off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1208448277...#ht_501wt_1037

The pics dont really do it justice but it looks as good as new so i'm well pleased:

IMAG0098.gif

IMAG0099.gif

I also managed to do one arch with underseal after removing rust spots and treating it with Krust (ignore the black bits on the beam, was testing). Really makes a big difference and should help keep the arch in good nick for a while:

IMG_20120709_171618.gif

IMG_20120709_171555.gif

IMG_20120709_171539.gif

IMG_20120709_171510.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got some new suspension goodies in the post, these should be fitted over the weekend if all goes to plan.

4x Dampers
2x Top mount kits

IMG_20120712_131810.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been pretty slow on updating this thread but i've now had the Cambelt Kit and Aux belt changed along with all new dampers and top mounts. Also finished off doing the underseal/rust treatment at the back of the car and now have a new sunroof to fit at some point.

As you can see the shell is in good nick so hopefully this maintenance should keep her going for a good few years yet.

Before:

P1240609.gif

P1240611.gif

P1240612.gif

P1240615.gif

P1240616.gif

After (1st Coat):

P1240621.gif

P1240623.gif

P1240626.gif

P1240627.gif

P1240630.gif

The next job is to get the exhaust hanging correctly as its doing my head in and may get the wheels refurbished with new tyres along with new springs and bushes.

Here is the car its personal showroom
icon_wink.gif

IMAG0102.gif