ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio won't start, key won't turn to start position, STOP, battery and oil light on

Renault Clio 1.4
Another fault and this will be the last as unfortunately i have no choice but to sell my clio because it's simply costing me too much money due to regular faults.

Basically my car won't start at all, doesn't even turn over, just a quiet tick from the solenoid, originally thought it was just the starter motor but tried rocking it and push starting it and nothing, plus the tick isn't loud enough for it to be starter motor. It also seems that there's no power getting to the starter motor.

Having said that the battery is fully charged!

As i said the key will turn all the way first time but nothing happens, then when you turn the key to the start position again it won't turn.
The STOP light is also on, as is the battery light, and oil light, and the red circular light flashes constantly as always.

After looking round the forum i understand it could be the immobiliser, i'am not ruling out that its the starter motor, but i simply don't know how to get to it so i can see the 2 wires to spot any damage.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again
forumbox_top_left.gif
forumbox_top_tile.gif
forumbox_top_right.gif
forumbox_left_tile.gif
Oil
%7BDC16E1CA-5324-43E3-B8DC-AE676BDA5FE1%7D.jpg
Oil FAQ

Click here to read our Oil FAQ

Sponsored by Opie Oils

http://www.OpieOils.co.uk

%7BE7D30CA6-9723-4B15-9DB4-31D386088650%7D.jpg

forumbox_right_tile.gif
forumbox_bottom_left.gif
forumbox_bottom_tile.gif
forumbox_bottom_right.gif

Re: clio won't start, key won't turn to start position, STOP, battery and oil light o

try squeezing the key like you would to lock it... while trying to start the car

pb ph2 172
Re: clio won't start, key won't turn to start position, STOP, battery and oil light o

is the immobiliser light going out

BMW M135i

Check the engine bay fuses and relays.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Had this a few times now, as BMH above check all fuses. I bet the 120A battery terminal has gone pop or poor continuity. If not that check the solenoid control wire for poor connection/broken connector.

Mick