ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio1.2 turbo 100 tce sx

clio 197 cup
have just driven one of these ,hot of the transporter. first impressions are that the engine is a gem.:) good smooth pulling power,fair mid range. couldnt push it too hard as its only done 8 miles.but with a few miles under the wheels,should loosen up nicely. suspension still looks too tall though,but the bodykit is subtle and well finished.if your interested in something a bit different,demmos are arriving at dealers now.

steve

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We just got our bodykitted flame red demo. Looks wicked.

Engine is soooooooooo much better than that sheeite old 1.4 unit.

1.2 is deffinately the way forward...

172 Cup
D4F 784
Fuel Type Unleaded Petrol
Induction Capacity (cc) 1149
Injection Type Multipoint Injection
Maximum Power - hp DIN (kw ISO) 101 (74)
Maximum Torque - Nm ISO (mkg DIN) 145
No. of Cylinders 4
No. of Valves 16
Particule Filter No

Available in Dynamique, Expression and Privilege IIRC..

Yeah it does drive well, would be interesting to see what it would be like with a re-map. Miles better than the 1.4 and only marginally slower than my brother 1.6.

visualize whirled pe
I'm really keen on this engine, more so in the little twingo when that gets released, that and the new Fiat 500 which is supposed to have a small engined turbo model in the range.
Long live turbocharged hatchbacks I say.

Also a few thousand miles will make the world of difference to the engine on the car you drove, my mum drives a new swift turbo diesel and it was flat the first time I drove it, I used it again about 6 months later and was suprised to find it goes really well now, she's also getting better mpg out of it now it's run in. If you were impressed with the drive of the clio tce already thats a good sign!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Makes it interesting when you look at it like that..

clioperf.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

yeah theat shite old unit thats still going strong and still run faster sqm than any of the newer tuned engines in the renault range have produced. real shite that there producing in excess of 200 bhp from a pushrod 1397cc 8v nowadays??????

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm more keen to see how the Twingo with this engine will drive. I think that a 1.2 Turbo is ideal for such a little car, then a re-map to maybe 110-120bhp and that'd be a right giggle.

Lionel Richie

yeah theat s**te old unit thats still going strong and still run faster sqm than any of the newer tuned engines in the renault range have produced. real s**te that there producing in excess of 200 bhp from a pushrod 1397cc 8v nowadays??????

i think he was referring to the K4M, not the GTT