ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's and more @ Castle Combe today

Classic/Sports Car trackday at Castle Combe today, strangely quiet in terms of spectators but the track action was fun as always.

Took the opportunity to have a play with the settings a bit and vary my usual technique, pretty happy but it was sooooo hot and sunny that it was a nightmare to avoid glare etc.

75998422-M.jpg

75998258-M.jpg

75998449-M.jpg

75998290-M.jpg

75998320-M.jpg

75998353-M.jpg

75998394-M.jpg

75998477-M.jpg

M2 Competition
The effect on the black ph1 on gold rims looks spot on mate, looks like its going proper fast in that pic.

rex said:
The effect on the black ph1 on gold rims looks spot on mate, looks like its going proper fast in that pic.

It was going well, although the Williams was the car keeping the more powerful metal honest...although he is a CC regular. No effects used on any of the pics, all straight from camera (apart from obviously the colour change on the old effect one)

M2 Competition
ukaskew said:
It was going well, although the Williams was the car keeping the more powerful metal honest...although he is a CC regular. No effects used on any of the pics, all straight from camera (apart from obviously the colour change on the old effect one)

Good pic in that case! nice one. keep meaning to get a cam, rather than one on back of my k750, lol.

Dave Cli02 said:
Great shots, what Ferrari is the first one? can't say i've ever seen one of those.

Ferrari P4. It's a replica, the few orginals are worth over £5m! I believe this one was running a very topical engine for this site, a Renault V6! I think they have a lot of Renault components actually.

106 GTi
Nice shots Chris, the sun was a pain. Just uploaded mine for the two hours I had there this afternoon. No Clios apart from the KTEC 172 Eating a scooby!

Was quite as they did nt invite half the clubs they normally do, to make it a classic & sportscar themed day, didnt look like that to me normal stuff there as ever.

Rich said:
Nice shots Chris, the sun was a pain. Just uploaded mine for the two hours I had there this afternoon. No Clios apart from the KTEC 172 Eating a scooby!

We were there from 10am and despite taking the proper precautions the missus was burnt quite a bit by early afternoon, we left at about 3pm so missed the K-Tec and Megane F1 on track.

Loads of spins at Quarry though, all good fun!

106 GTi
Must have just missed you. Was there from 3 ish onwards.

No incidents apart from a Cav nearly going off

IMG_1159.jpg

Gutted I missed the Meggy on track, trying to talk the missus into getting a Megane Trophy (Orange Focus ST-2 is the current line of thought from her) and after seeing the F1 parked up she was getting there, seeing it on track would have been better though!

106 GTi
Parked up next to the Meggy as he was getting ready to go out on track. I left Quarry got near Avon Rise and realised he was out already, hence the pans and rear shots of it there, as there was no way I would have made it to camp!

Much prefer it to the Focus. The F1 did look sweet.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
ukaskew said:
Gutted I missed the Meggy on track, trying to talk the missus into getting a Megane Trophy (Orange Focus ST-2 is the current line of thought from her) and after seeing the F1 parked up she was getting there, seeing it on track would have been better though!

sold by us @ platinum trowbridge

we hae another now in stock chris !!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
sweet :D

i spent a fortune on that car, especially the engine. I think its had about 3 owners since me though!