ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's and R5 Gt Turbo's..

Clio 182 Cup
How does the performace of a 182 cup compare to a R5 Gt Turb..

Dont know if the guys on the site but we took off up the carriageway last night and it struggled to keep up..

I thought these were scary fast wee buggy's?

it probably broke down.

as will a clio in 17 years time.....it greaves me to read s##t like this people are that numb minded and forget the r5gtt is at least 16 years old!!!

i personly own 2 gtts and if treaded and looked after right these ace little cars are as good as any.:cool:

it probably broke down.

as will a clio in 17 years time.....it greaves me to read s##t like this people are that numb minded and forget the r5gtt is at least 16 years old!!!

i personly own 2 gtts and if treaded and looked after right these ace little cars are as good as any.:cool:

Yep, best to ignore people like these, normally the people who say 'head gasket failure' etc are the ones who've never owned them.

Standard for standard of course a 182 will win, it has a 60bhp advantage ffs lol ok 200kgs more but still lol.

Yep, best to ignore people like these, normally the people who say 'head gasket failure' etc are the ones who've never owned them.

Standard for standard of course a 182 will win, it has a 60bhp advantage ffs lol ok 200kgs more but still lol.

oh yeah mate like you say put both cars nose to nose in standard form, theres only gonna be one winner the clio:)

but when you start playing with them both the renault 5 gtt is gonna be leaps and bounds in front...hence i/us 5ggt owner make a lot of other ''high end'' cars owners massively red faced!!!:cool:

oh yeah mate like you say put both cars nose to nose in standard form, theres only gonna be one winner the clio:)

but when you start playing with them both the renault 5 gtt is gonna be leaps and bounds in front...hence i/us 5ggt owner make a lot of other ''high end'' cars owners massively red faced!!!:cool:

You on the RTOC? Yeah a 21st tuned gt turbo is a fecking tool these days, none of this spider valve, group a carb shite lol.

PMT baby lol.

You on the RTOC? Yeah a 21st tuned gt turbo is a fecking tool these days, none of this spider valve, group a carb s**te lol.

PMT baby lol.

i am on rtoc (not normal) user name;) am i right in saying you used to be on there bud??

im running 27psi at the manifold these days and yeah its a tool:D

will be goin to trax with the rear engined 5 to try and beat the 3.9 secs to 60 the car did a year or so back:cool:

You on the RTOC? Yeah a 21st tuned gt turbo is a fecking tool these days, none of this spider valve, group a carb s**te lol.

PMT baby lol.

i am on rtoc (not normal) user name;) am i right in saying you used to be on there bud??

will be goin to trax with the rear engined on to try and beat the 3.9 secs to 60 the car did a year or so back:cool:

Yeah I'm still on there lol. Not Normal ahhh you've got scoffs old car :D nice!!!! I remember seeing it in PGti as well.

I am secretely looking at getting another one as i now have another form of transport in a motorbike :D so car don't have to be driven every day to work as I bike it now and my god its paid dividens already, with the traffic :D anyway.....

will be goin to trax with the rear engined on to try and beat the 3.9 secs to 60 the car did a year or so back:cool:

Yeah I'm still on there lol. Not Normal ahhh you've got scoffs old car :D nice!!!! I remember seeing it in PGti as well.

I am secretely looking at getting another one as i now have another form of transport in a motorbike :D so car don't have to be driven every day to work as I bike it now and my god its paid dividens already, with the traffic :D anyway.....

aii thats the baby, i borght scoffs as a rolling shall a year or so back;) since then its evolved into what it is today...scoffs midas touch at work there:cool:

yeah its been on the cover of pgti a few months bk now....due to be in a few more mags in the coming week too:cool:

aii.....get one borght again bud, like you say its good if you dont need them every day becomes expencive motoring dont it!!!, also once youve had one there addictive, then you carnt live without them!!!

aii thats the baby, i borght scoffs as a rolling shall a year or so back;) since then its evolved into what it is today...scoffs midas touch at work there:cool:

yeah its been on the cover of pgti a few months bk now....due to be in a few more mags in the coming week too:cool:

aii.....get one borght again bud, like you say its good if you dont need them every day becomes expencive motoring dont it!!!, also once youve had one there addictive, then you carnt live without them!!!

Yeah I've been on a strange old journey since I sold mine, bought a scoob crashed it, bought a diesel clio, then another scoob, sold the scoob, scrapped the clio and bought a 182.......lol.

All that time I've missed the noise and the ridiculously smallness of a 5. They are so old now they are borderline scrap but they are still the sex and always will be LOL. I'd love a Turbo 2 though, although I'm still not brave enough to buy one lol.

Yeah I've been on a strange old journey since I sold mine, bought a scoob crashed it, bought a diesel clio, then another scoob, sold the scoob, scrapped the clio and bought a 182.......lol.

All that time I've missed the noise and the ridiculously smallness of a 5. They are so old now they are borderline scrap but they are still the sex and always will be LOL. I'd love a Turbo 2 though, although I'm still not brave enough to buy one lol.

haha...its just the randomness of the 5 i love, coupled with the fact since owning the rwd ive being trying to learn to drift up drift central, thats an awsum experiance in its self:cool:

the turbo II will be my next renault in a few year, i will not be able to help my self in buying one-- just want a complete minter tho hence will wait a fgew more years and save for a minter:cool::)

I actually saw one driving into New Milton around a month ago, nearly crashed as tbh I don't ever recall seeing on the road. It was being used properly as well lol.

I very rarely see Gt turbos these days. They are all either dead or being covetted in someones garage.

I actually saw one driving into New Milton around a month ago, nearly crashed as tbh I don't ever recall seeing on the road. It was being used properly as well lol.

I very rarely see Gt turbos these days. They are all either dead or being covetted in someones garage.

lol seeing the turboII being used as it should must be an awsum sight:cool:

i can safely say myself, ive never accually seen a turbo II on the rd myself but would love to

It only took 26 years to see one LOL.

It was such a non event as well, totally weird time like 8pm in the evening just saw this car coming through my visor and went

'Is that a.....!!!!! f**k YEAH!' then it was gone :(

It only took 26 years to see one LOL.

It was such a non event as well, totally weird time like 8pm in the evening just saw this car coming through my visor and went

'Is that a.....!!!!! f**k YEAH!' then it was gone :(

lol 26 years awsum!!!....well the world series renault is here soon so will see a few there:cool:

will get a blat around donnington aswell witch will be well cool:D

P

PrincessJessica

i have a 182 and my bf has a 5GTT it leaves me standing on pull away but his tops out bout 90 so i can catch up then...

all 5s are different but like someone said standard they are slow

i have a 182 and my bf has a 5GTT it leaves me standing on pull away but his tops out bout 90 so i can catch up then...

all 5s are different but like someone said standard they are slow

jess............please tell mark to sign upto msn again lol!!! i need to have a chat about a carrera fuel tank;)

thankyou

matt:)

visualize whirled pe
I want a gtturbo i'm desperate to live out my teens again before I get too old to appreciate it, last year I tried for about 6 months to find one that wasnt either thrashed, modified badly and had both MOT and TAX. No luck at all. Then the minute I buy my current car they all start comming out of the woodwork.

Clio 172 mk2
I always remember the 5GTT being one of the cars to have back when I started driving....I always dreamed of owning one but ended up in a Peugeot 205 GTi !

visualize whirled pe
I always remember the 5GTT being one of the cars to have back when I started driving....I always dreamed of owning one but ended up in a Peugeot 205 GTi !

Thats nothing to be gutted about; McPherson struts and a nippy engine, the 205 Gti's are absolutly ace handling cars!

I remember the GTT being the car to have too around that time while I 'pov'ed about in a metro.

Clio 172 mk2
It's wierd how things come full circle

When I started driving I used to see loads of R5GTTs around all modified (badly)....they were almost as common as saxos are now and not really that cool.

Nowadays if you do spot one which is pretty rare and in standard trim it's a pretty cool car and not in the slightest bit tacky.

Classic Mini Cooper
a 5 aint that quick as standard, can be made rapid
You are right, I had one for 6 years, and kept it pretty much standard, I think people forget that they are only 1400cc!! I enjoyed it and they handle very well, but I much prefered my 172, however the interior build quality hasn't improved over the years!!:)

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
my r 5 turbo was fast car cover car and had 257 bhp at the wheels

it was like having a motorbike

scary fast

fastest car i have owned (0-60 time)

ps its the one on my avertar with jakki degg:hail:

Classic Mini Cooper
my r 5 turbo was fast car cover car and had 257 bhp at the wheels

it was like having a motorbike

scary fast

fastest car i have owned (0-60 time)

ps its the one on my avertar with jakki degg:hail:
Well fit, and the R5 aint bad either!!;)

cup 182 mit stripes
5GTT. I bought one new and spent loads souping it. Kept it for 3 years and 50k miles. In spite of its old technology[cast iron block,pushrods,ect] it never let me down. Renault knew a thing or two about turbos off the back of their F1 experience.

Happy memories, sniff sniff. If only they would bring it back with the current 2 liter mill. Fat chance. lol

us nocturnal crew have verious 5's with bigger cc engines in them

we have:-

1- renault 5 gtt ( rear engined-RWD, renault b18ft lump- 260hp )- mine
2- renault 5 gtt ( front wheel drive 20vt VAG power- 276hp )
3- renault 5 gtt ( front wheel drive, renault b18ft lump- 260hp)
4- renault 5 gtt ( front wheel drive, 182 16v turbo powered )

so we dont need the re-birth of the gtt all we need to do is restore the shalls and plant bigger lumps in them to see power over the 250 hp mark

matt

cup 182 mit stripes
us nocturnal crew have verious 5's with bigger cc engines in them

we have:-

1- renault 5 gtt ( rear engined-RWD, renault b18ft lump- 260hp )- mine
2- renault 5 gtt ( front wheel drive 20vt VAG power- 276hp )
3- renault 5 gtt ( front wheel drive, renault b18ft lump- 260hp)
4- renault 5 gtt ( front wheel drive, 182 16v turbo powered )

so we dont need the re-birth of the gtt all we need to do is restore the shalls and plant bigger lumps in them to see power over the 250 hp mark

matt
Nothing's changed since the days of my youth.lol Back then we put twin cam mills in Ford Anglias[ mit Corsair front struts to replace the drum brakes] To say the handling was akin to a Tea Clipper going round Cape Horn would not be an exaggeration.

Good luck to you mate.