ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport departure.

Cliosport departure.

Following on from the Captain Slarty thread, I thought Id pop on to say my goodbyes.
I decided not to sell my Williams after a guy offered me £6500 for it, after he had it AA checked. On the evening , the night before the guy was due to turn up with the money I took her out for a last spin. On my travels I came across a played with aRSe Turbo who thought he had something...I showed him he had nothing so easily that I decided not to opt for my Lotus Elan Se but to *cough* add bits to my Williams 2. I phoned the guy and told him so and even offered to pay for the AA test.
Well my point is this, Slarty and a Cliosport Rep among a few others, found elation in telling the whole world how overpriced they thought my Clio was. Now imo the for sale section is not for discussion like that, its basically a forum in which to sell goods. Not a place for chimps to sl*g you off coz in their far superior knowledge they think your goods to be a bit steep.
I wonder if they would be so quick to actually knock on a potential sellers door and inform them they think they are having a laugh. I think not !. I personally think I showed everyone respect they deserve on here and in real life at meets etc.

Anyway to end this, and it pains me to do so, I will not be renewing my subscription to the club this December but may wait a year to see if the forum improves by getting rid of the people who enjoy pissing other users off.

Anyway heres a big cheers to the guys and girls that turned up at all the Southend meets, it was real nice meeting and chatting to you all...keep the faith people. No doubt I will see some of you around. Best of luck with the club.

Laterz All <<<(at 36 I am unaware if Laterz is still trendy :)

Bill (ReNWiLL)

Clio v6

Well Im not going to come on here telling you to put it behind you and forget all about it. Its easier said than done.

I dont blame you Bill, but I do hope you can consider going to the meets?

How many is that leaving the forum now?

I know if I had a Williams Id wrap it up in cotton wool and never sell it.

Regards,

Dash

320d M Sport

Goodbye mate, dont really know you but its a sorry time whenever someone decides to leave....

All the best.

Paddy

Renwill..

I am amazed..

Slarty and a Cliosport Rep among a few others,

If that means more than... a coupla guys down the pub said.......

then you need to get a life........ and so do others who read anything more into posts here.......

IF. you think that, what are to you,... negative. comments may influence the final sale price..... then again..... I worry..

IF... you think that we should be all sweetness and light and say YES DOOD !!!. you get as much as you can for it !!!!.. yessireee !!!, then.... think again....

YOU want to sell your pride n joy for as much as some other dood will give you if it reaches YOUR std of acceptance...

BUYERS want to know the minimum that the articles go for in the real world...

there will always be MORE.. or LESS... and the balance is somewhere in between... there are always peaks and troughs...

but, your argument re the pricing sanctuary is crap... unless.. you ALL become sellers...

hmmmm... but would that not indicate a slight inflationary tendancy due to bias............. ;)

Seriously dood, there is no need to pack your football.. just take it with a pinch of salt...

Sheeeeeesh.

Do you not read correctly ?.

The point made in this message from me was, if you really did fail to understand:

A for sale section is for people to sell stuff, if others think its over priced they simply look elsewhere, really no need to start dissing the person because they think a price is fair and you dont. If you dont want it or to pay the asking price simply mind yer own damn business instead of ruining a potential sale.

For the likes of you and a certain rep who I cant think of to start f**king around quoting what they saw and think is completely irrelevant.

Now to be fair, as a rule of thumb I both enjoyed your spin on different things and welcomed your humour in certain threads, but when it comes to pissing people off due to the fact you just cant bite your tongue, then maybe its you who, as you so quaintly put it, should get a life !.

In fairness again it is not you that makes me want to vacate. I see loads of negativity on here lately. I do understand that forums are for all different kinds of people and everyone has their view, but to be so childishly stupid as some are, just to piss others off is in my opinion not worth the hassle.

For f**ks sake if I wanna fight I will go to the nearest pub, not b**ch at others just to get a rise.

Bill.

GR7

Shiny red R32

:cool:~ ReNWILL ~:cool:

:cool:~ PLEASE~:cool:

:cool:~ DONT~:cool:

:cool:~ BE~:cool:

:cool:~ SUCH~:cool:

:cool:~ A~:cool:

:cool:~ SILLY~:cool:

:cool:~ BILLY~:cool:

:cool:~ SLEEP~:cool:

:cool:~ ON ~:cool:

:cool:~ IT~:cool:

:cool:~ FIRST~:cool:

:cool:~ THEN ~:cool:

:cool:~ SEE~:cool:

:cool:~ WHAT~:cool:

:cool:~ TOMORROW ~:cool:

:cool:~ BRINGS~:cool:

ah, but perhaps the pissed offness is related to your ability to misunderstand reality. ???

A for sale section is for people to sell stuff, if others think its over priced they simply look elsewhere

Ok, so, this club - ie - a gathering of people with similar interests, will let you post an inflated price (in comparison to real world figures) and not have any contradiction...

ok.. yep, thats kewl..

so, now, on the other forums, we can comment on the price of clios and quote examples ???.. cos you have to have the aint it great and aint it a great price posts in contrast to the not quite agreeing with your philosophy posts...

Sorry if it rattles yer chain m8. but thats how it is.. unless you want the cotton wool treatment... ??

Slarty, you are a f**king c**t. Why dont you just keep your f**king beak out of other peoples threads if all you intend to do is piss them off? Because that is what it seems like. You are going to great lengths to explain why it is your god given right to do so, when in fact you are only doing it to raise a few backs...and get this kind of response from people.

A couple of weeks ago it was you who was leaving, because you offended someone and they had a bloody good go back... and you did not like it, and proceeded to spit the dummy and throw all your toys out of the pram.

I like this forum, but I f**king hate your piss poor threads of drivvel. Do us a favour and shut the f**k up. DUDE.

Sorry to see you go Bill!

Captin Slarty, considering you are not a member of the club ! do you really think you have to right to challange what renwill has decided ? or make reference to the club as if you were actually a member ?

Renwill you will be missed keep in touch be round to see you soon.

John and Clare

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Bill

£6500 is a very good price for the best hot hatch ever made (my opinion). Most are advertised at £8000, not bad for a car that should become a classic.

Glad you are keeping the car and I hope you stick around.

Bill,

I can understand your upset when people started to dictate the value of your car...at the same time you will have to try and remeber that this fourm gathers people from all ages, from kids to adults... try not to let those comments effect your oppinions of the club, or even your future with the club, just humour those that cross your path or take such comments with a pinch of salt. Someone with serious set targets on a buying a willy wouldnt let such comments side track a sale anyway. i supose the real upset is due to the fact you have met and know most people on the fourm, when comments are made like that its not nice..

it would be really good to see you at brands this month.. if not for anything else, why not come in person to say your good byes.. maybe then we can change your mind.

oh and respect the the Rsturder that made you change your mind in keeping the williams!! :)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Bill,

Shame to see you go. You should have asked a moderator to delete the messages. I agree, For Sale is for just that, not for derogatory comments about what you are trying to sell.

Remember also, the forum is just a small part of the club, where comments can easily be taken the wrong way - theres nothing like a face-to-face cliosport meeting!

Jas

Whenever someone leaves the forums it is sad, but their reason for leaving seems to involve the words "Captain Slarty" more and more.

Slarty IS entitled to his point of view - even if it is wrong. I dont particularly like his attitude either, but what can you do... you cant educate pork, can you?

Slarty, in my opinion, reminds me of the kind of guy who yells at other motorists when hes in his car, because he feels safe, enclosed in his own little world, but should one of those other drivers get out of their car and have a go back, hed sh1t himself.

He feels safe behind his keyboard, because no-one can actually physically retaliate. After all, if hed delivered some of his responses to people, who are, in effect, strangers in a pub, hed have been put on his ar5e long ago.

I wonder what kind of relationship he had with his mother!

Shame that he seems to be spoiling the forums for a lot of people. It seemed a much nicer place before he arrived. Now all you see are his stupid comments in everyone elses threads.

Ho hum...

Face

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Oops Slartys p155ed some more people off, how can this of happen ??

Will, £6500 IMHO is a good price for a classic car. He to had a pop at me for selling my car at a reasonable price taking into account the amount of time I had it and the condition I it was in. The guy IS a FREELOADER and we as members pay for him to be on the board 24/7 and cause no end of problems.

Makes me laugh when in once sentence he says "Bring it on Chavyboy" in the context of me having a go at him and then within a day or two its "Goodbye farewell Im going cause of the Cliosport Talliban" (Dying Swan Act), hes had more come back than Sister Sledge.

Will dont let individuals put you off which IMO is a great club and by this I dont mean the Forum, I mean a great Social club with different meets. Another way to put it - HOW MANY TIMES HAS SLARTY MADE ANY EFFORT TO GO TO THE SOUTHEND MEETS ? At least you have made the effort mate but there again you have a social life he doesnt.

Will think about this very deeply mate and dont leave cause of one or two individuals. Afterall for ever bad apple in the cart there are 50 good one mate.

NEVA HAD THE OPPOURTUNITY TO MEET YA BILL, SOUND LIKE A TOP BLOKE, HOPE U CHANGE YOUR MIND FELLA, IF NOT TAKE CARE OF URSELF AND UR WILLY!!!(THE RENO THAT IS!)

DAN

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No you cant let him win :mad:

hes lucky this is a forum and not a meet. :mad:

this sort of talk out in the real world is fighting talk, if slarty talked to you like that face to face, you probably would of clocked him.:D

its a shame you feel the way you do but its your decision.

sorry to see you go.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by Faceman on 11 November 2002

Whenever someone leaves the forums it is sad, but their reason for leaving seems to involve the words "Captain Slarty" more and more.

Slarty IS entitled to his point of view - even if it is wrong. I dont particularly like his attitude either, but what can you do... you cant educate pork, can you?

Slarty, in my opinion, reminds me of the kind of guy who yells at other motorists when hes in his car, because he feels safe, enclosed in his own little world, but should one of those other drivers get out of their car and have a go back, hed sh1t himself.

He feels safe behind his keyboard, because no-one can actually physically retaliate. After all, if hed delivered some of his responses to people, who are, in effect, strangers in a pub, hed have been put on his ar5e long ago.

I wonder what kind of relationship he had with his mother!

Shame that he seems to be spoiling the forums for a lot of people. It seemed a much nicer place before he arrived. Now all you see are his stupid comments in everyone elses threads.

Ho hum...

Face

Face I couldnt agree with you more.

I think that James Palmer summed it up in his thread !

Sorry to see you go Bill, again, I have not met you but you seem a very tidy guy like 99% of the people on here, I am sure we will see you back here very soon, hope so anyway !

Lionel Richie

Buying a Williams is an investment, in years to come a concours Williams will be worth loads. "A Williams is Reborn" will be on Discovery Home & Leisrue in years to come!!!!!

7.6cc :D

You can just put it down to my bad mood if you like, but it seems things are taken far too seriously sometimes!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

One individual has given the wrong impression to so many people, now you cant tell us that that individual has been mis-interrupted on every single occasion Jilly ?

Its classic seagull management style - Flys in, makes loads of noise squawking, sh1ts on people then leaves.

Tom me too mate.

SLARTY I DONT LIKE YOU EITHER

A simple misunderstanding ? No I really dont like him and this feeling is shared by alot of people now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ban the <A target=_blank href= "mailto:tw@t">tw@t its too late to be nice about it

BMW 320d Sport

Bill - the forum is only one aspect of the club, not the whole thing. My personal approach to it is that the forum is primarily a way for people to talk about stuff in between meets when they cant see each other face to face. Its a way to arrange meets without having to sign up for email lists etc.

Now IMHO (and sorry in advance if anyones upset by this!), someone who is a member, and has made the effort to come to as many events as you have, is more Cliosport than someone who just comes on the forums. If you were to ask me to what is the essence of our club, the one thing that defines it, I would say it is the members who come to all the different meetings and events in their Clios.

I know there are some people who seem great on the forums, who may never have joined or made it to a meeting, for whatever reason, but I would hope that those kind of people would try to attend members events. That is what Cliosport is about!

Forums come and go, but face to face meetings of like-minded Clio owners were how Cliosport started; thats what carries it on now, and thats how it will continue, regardless of what goes on on the forums.

I will *personally* :)take it badly if this is the last time our paths cross because of some b****cks on the forum. And believe me Ive had to read more than my fair share of forum b****cks. PM me about it if you want or email mailto:nick@cliosport.net">nick@cliosport.net

Hope to hear soon my friend.

Ah.. such refreshing intercourse...

All we have here is a few children that can only resort to behaviour befitting their mental age....

Chavvvvyyy lad.... pissed cos I said his car wasnt worth what he was asking.. Daipers too. oops Daipac......

James Palmer.. the man of the squeaky volume control LMAO !!!....

The Taliban - jassyboy, kissyboy, and anyone with a star that makes them special :D

Even Geoff having a little go.. lol...;).. tut tut,

The problem is a total lack of moderation and knowledge of running a forum..

I once called nick rude (sorry, read) a muppet, and what a rebuke lol.. now I get called a fcuking cnut and thats ok... hee hee

Its a shame the ones that seem to take the most offence to things are the ones with the least grey matter...

Jassyboy... your forum is a sham dood.... due to YOUR incompetence.... (and, the rest of the taliban groupies).

we have the ex technical man lmfao.. as captsmartass... the heroic fudgebucket kissy holdy admins.. the scorned dick heads.. yes Tom.. you lol..., and boy.. literally, you ARE a dickhead....;)

Look at the little playgroup menatality of charvylad, kissykissy172barbiebabe etc.... and still, not an ounce of any form of moderation...

ah well...

there are still some very sensible people here.... and thats kewl.... so no probs....

Jassyboy ??.. ps, did you manage to get a vote in the Saddam parliament lol.. ???

What a hoot.... kiddies at play......;)

Some of the most ardent disenters musta learned their drivng from a playstation...... and it shows.............

Clio v6

MATRON!

The Taliban - jassyboy, kissyboy, and anyone with a star that makes them special :D

btw you seem to ( or did have ) have a "star" too

ok. lol, lets look at this personal attack on renwilly...

Sorry m8, but I would be very surprised if someone payed what you are asking.. perhaps nearer 3.5k - 4.5k would be better ??. - or sell the ice seperately.. - again, best o luck.. but you can pick up a 172 for a grand more than you are asking. (and yes, Parkers guide does take into account the collectability aspect.)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/captainslarty/wil.jpg

sheeeeesh, yep, that was hurtful...

cmon kiddies.. grow up ...:cry:

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

thats it, boot the f*cker off!!!!

ive sat a read the sh*t thats built up over about two months and most revolves around slarty! usually i dont give a sh*t and read a bit if the posts realising the its kids play and just ignore it, but its spreading too far now...

when slarty first said he wasnt coming on here again i thought it was a bad thing cos he knows so much technical info/ amassed me with the turbo conversion and always expressed his point. Fair enough he argued his point in a "im right so there" way but i got a brother exactly like that and i know from experience that they wont give up, even on petty little sh*t, so i wasnt bothered but now its turned into more than that and is affecting this forum (not the actual Cliosport itself)

most threads now manage to turn into fights, your expected to put you view across but not then start a slanging match!!!!!!!!!! i realise that there are a few on there that help prevoke things but still theres no point in being such a w****r!

Considering Renwill managed to organise a southend meet that went very well with a good turn out and also had a buyer lined up ready to pay his asking price should tell you slarty that hes a true MEMBER of this club and the parkers doesnt always mean that you have no chance to get your own asking price for the car!

either go back to putting you point across and leaving it there accepting other peoples view or piss off. simple as that.

S2000

Slarty you sad fcuking pr1ck. I was going to reply sensibly about your misguided attitude about the taliban as you put it but you arent worth the effort. You wanna be careful who you insult and call names (on here) you could find yourself in a whole heap of sh1t. I hope I meet you in a dark alley some time you to55er.

Slarty if you had even minus one brain cell you would be dangerous - as it stands you clearly dont even have that and therefore you are just the saddest, unicest person I have ever had the misfortune to come across - I think the time has come for you to disappear into your sad, dark little hole and not to bother to show your words here on our forum again - this is primarily for cliosport members who are sociable, friendly people with a common interest.

It wasnt the comment about the Williams price that really broke the camels back was it, it was just the general garbage that you spout and the bad attitude you have about your person.

I will not lower myself to your level and call you names, I dont need to so why you feel the need to call me names is beyond me. I can use more of the English language to express my thoughts - I dont need to revert to the use of the childish language that you use.

When you talk about mental ages then maybe you would like to consider your own endless use of such pathetic words as kewl (I think the correct spelling might be cool) and dood (correct spelling dude).

GROW UP OR GO AWAY YOU SILLY, SILLY PERSON.

people,

not only is this getting lame and tiresome......but ive started developing opinions about people on here....which i dont want.

I dont have problems with anybody cause i cant be arsed. But too many are not only taking capts comments far too seriously (does he really need to put *sarcasm* tabs in?) but his comments which generally spur these agressive topics are usually in attempt to get people to the REAL world.

Then again, capt, this might be sporting for you but the contant dribble from everybody is annoying. I know your a genuinely decent bloke who revelove around the real world, real power gains, eral prices etc etc....but you gotta stop winding people up or you will get booted, which i dont want.

Your knowledge is invaluable to the average person and technical debates are fab to learn from.

But if Einstein was a complete asshole, where would we be if we stopped listening.

I think EVRYBODY has to take a chill pill and cahnge their pampers.

Kis, your such a nice person even when your angry u still only use words like silly instead of swearing!! thats sooo cool!

BenR, A? r u missing what everyone else is seeing?

james, here here!

and those prices are about write for a valver not a willy. what a sh*t price guide.

Whats everybody seeing?.......i suppose extra dry humor has been overridden by the typical american slap crap

maybe im the only one not missing anything..........

there is no need for this useless crap......

If anyone is that bothered by the Captains comments then dont read what he has written and then you will not be offended and then others can just read and ignore, and then the others can read and be intersted it is as simple as that, the Captain is blatently just seeing what reaction he can get, and he is getting a good one! He is knowlegable and he is very sarcastic simple as that just have to learn to take it or leave it in my opinion anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 12 November 2002
there is no need for this useless crap......
exactly, no need to mindlessly insult people. its just petty and pointless and earns u no respect what so ever from anyone