ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport drivers

Anyone else noticing the increase in chavs buying 1*2's and thinking that that the speed limit doesn't apply to them in any situation and that a fellow 1*2 is the ideal candidate to see how close they can sit on their rear bumper everywhere or is this just the Lincolnshire area? Also 99% of 1*2's I see are parked up in supermarket carparks or mcdonalds. Rant over

Clio 197
Anyone else noticing the increase in chavs buying 1*2's and thinking that that the speed limit doesn't apply to them in any situation and that a fellow 1*2 is the ideal candidate to see how close they can sit on their rear bumper everywhere or is this just the Lincolnshire area? Also 99% of 1*2's I see are parked up in supermarket carparks or mcdonalds. Rant over

I think the same could be said of any so called 'hot hatch' ........thankfully there doesnt seem to be that many round my way (or i might have been driving with my eyes closed :) )

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I disagree with the OP - Don't hardly see any on the road and when I do nothing like that happens.

mx5 & 172
I bought one cos they're cheap and I'm tight - i also drive like a c*nt

it's nice to see i fit a stereotype at last

'RS' is more annoying these days. Renault couldn't build their own brand so had to steal RS and call it R.S.

P.M.5.L.

Evo 5 RS
flol at calling renault sport a chavs car, I wouldn't own a cooper s if you paid me to and gave me a life time supply of paper bags to hide my shame

I see 4 1*2s locally almost every day. They're all driven by older folk! :S

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Trololol. I didn't think this was about a Cooper S. Calm down lady's.

There is no denying that the cheap end of the Clio market is a Chav wagon. When you can buy them for £2000 that gives the Pikey's a chance to buy them.

That doesn't mean that everyone on here who owns one is a chav, and a lot of the cars on here are awesome, but the majority of them I see around are driven by tracksuit wearing cnuts.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
And another thing. You only have to read a couple of posts on here to understand that there is a new breed of Prick owning these cars now.

Innit.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't want to say too much but it is noticeable.

Became available to the undesirable recently and bang for buck is what "these people" look for.

That's why they buy £700 Subaru Imprezas.

Evo 5 RS
Trololol. I didn't think this was about a Cooper S. Calm down lady's.

There is no denying that the cheap end of the Clio market is a Chav wagon. When you can buy them for £2000 that gives the Pikey's a chance to buy them.

That doesn't mean that everyone on here who owns one is a chav, and a lot of the cars on here are awesome, but the majority of them I see around are driven by tracksuit wearing cnuts.

LMAO.

To be fair though it says more about your area than the car. You can stereotype anything cheap and fast! Wasn't a dig at the cooper s

I'm lying, it was

Evo 5 RS
aye, depreciation isn't something you can avoid really. That said a lot of the younger folk than me I speak to although want a 1*2 simply can't afford the insurance - so they go for Starlets instead as first port of call. That's a chav wagon too iirc?

discriminatory thread ftw

200 FF Storm Grey
I'm yet to run into another 182 looking to play 2bh, I had a bit of a do with a trophy down some A roads about a year ago (no sitting on bumpers) but apart from that it always seems to be middle aged women and the odd young lad in a suit. I suppose it's a good thing.

I find BWM's more than anything tend to act like idiots, sitting on my bumper, dying to get past, I do alot of motorway driving so may be why.

Evo 5 RS
There is an immaculate trophy where I work, she's got to be pushing 40. Sorry if you're on here, and are in fact 25

Use cream

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
aye, depreciation isn't something you can avoid really. That said a lot of the younger folk than me I speak to although want a 1*2 simply can't afford the insurance - so they go for Starlets instead as first port of call. That's a chav wagon too iirc?

discriminatory thread ftw

They are though.

Just like a Mini is for Girls, Hairdressers and Gays.

And FRP's are for people with floppy hair.

And Focus RS are for old people who are trying to be cool.

Impreza Wagon
I've only owned my 182 for a couple of weeks and I've seen 3 other 182's so far. I think insurance is still too much for chavs to be buying these and hoofing it around town.

200 FF Storm Grey
To be honest insurance always will be too much for the vast majority of folk under 21, so it keeps many at bay

2001 Clio 1.2
I think its just the Lincolnshire area. I'm 18 and have a cheap clio so you all prob think i'm a chav who cant afford owt else and drives around like a t**t, far from it, i work hard for my money and more than 50% of my shitty wage goes on keeping my car clean and in good condition. I bought a cheap clio because i have always wanted one and cant afford a sport.

Listerine & Poledo
When I was in Lincs I didn't see many 1*2's.

But I did see many bellends driving like they're out to get banned. Mind, there's nothing actually worth doing in Lincs so I guess they make their own entertainment before they can afford a house... which wont happen while they're wasting their money driving in circles around city centres.

Would it be fair to say that the 1*2's are the new Saxos?

Evo 5 RS
lmao.

I remember to this day the first day I bought mine I drove it home and a fat welsh bint eating a burger got out in the car park and wacked her door into it. It's a clio, nobody is going to tip toe around you

Shes dead now I think